The Firm

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I didn't see any previous threads about The Firm, so I thought I'd ask. Do any of yall currently use The Firm workouts? I have The Firm BSS3 and The Firm Power Yoga. I've used the BSS3 for awhile (although it's collecting dust at the moment)...but have yet to open my Power Yoga. I was wondering if anyone had used this in particular??

Melissa

Originally Posted by eightthirty I didn't see any previous threads about The Firm, so I thought I'd ask. Do any of yall currently use The Firm workouts? I have The Firm BSS3 and The Firm Power Yoga. I've used the BSS3 for awhile (although it's collecting dust at the moment)...but have yet to open my Power Yoga. I was wondering if anyone had used this in particular??
Melissa

i've been wanting firm workouts ever since the fanny lifter... but i want the last one that they came out with... and i know that this in no way addresses your post, but i always get super excited when i see anythinga bout the firm...
icon_redface.gif

i just starting doing volume 1 again. i only do about 10 minutes and stop the tape then pick up again the next day. hoping to be able to do the full 1 hour in time. i got really buff using this tape in the past.

Originally Posted by eightthirty I didn't see any previous threads about The Firm, so I thought I'd ask. Do any of yall currently use The Firm workouts? I have The Firm BSS3 and The Firm Power Yoga. I've used the BSS3 for awhile (although it's collecting dust at the moment)...but have yet to open my Power Yoga. I was wondering if anyone had used this in particular??
Melissa

Originally Posted by MARIAN i just starting doing volume 1 again. i only do about 10 minutes and stop the tape then pick up again the nest day. hoping to be able to do the full 1 in time. i got in excellent shape using this tape in the past. Thanks for revamping this thread (as much as possible)....I needed to be reminded to get off my a$$

HAS ANY ONE TRIED THESE TAPE ESP THE FIRM ABDS?

Denise Austin's J.H. Pilates Matwork

Wins 2005 award for "best overall fitness DVD." "A 20-minute belly-flattening Pilates routine in addition to more challenging yoga moves.'"
The Firm Body Sculpting System 2 - Firm Abs
Wins 2005 award for "best ab-sculpting DVD." "Three creative ab workouts that get progressively harder."
Tae Bo Flex
Wins 2005 award for "best cardio DVD." "Sweaty cardio kickboxing mixed with midair holds of kick stances. A real butt and thigh burner."
Tae Bo Cardio
Wins 2005 award for "best kickboxing DVD." "A sweatfest for the ever-experienced -- and a good arm and leg sculptor."
Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss (Gaiam)
Wins 2005 award for "best yoga DVD." "All over firming and relaxing ... allows little rest between poses but is still low-sweat
Pilates Conditioning for Weight Loss (Gaiam)
Wins 2005 award for "best Pilates DVD." "Great for abs and legs but not high calorie burn."
Island Girl: Hula Abs & Buns
Wins 2005 award for "best dance DVD." "Hula moves with butt-firming squats and lunges; easy dance at end.
David Kirsch's Ultimate New York Body Plan
Just released on Feb. 8th, Self selected it as one of the "best new workouts on the market."
Originally Posted by eightthirty Thanks for revamping this thread (as much as possible)....I needed to be reminded to get off my a$$

I have Tae Bo Cardio and Fat Burning. I use the dvd's when I can't get to the gym and I can tell you that you will sweat, sweat, sweat. You feel the burn in your arms, legs, whole body the next day and after the workout you feel so good, just make sure to have a bottle of water handy.

At first I was like why is he (Billy Blanks) sweating so much, but the further you get into it, you realize just why. Good workout for at-home.

Originally Posted by MARIAN HAS ANY ONE TRIED THESE TAPE ESP THE FIRM ABDS?
I have tried working out with Firm Abs. At first, I felt that the routine was too easy, specially the Day1 Series (probably because at the time that I started using Firm Abs, I've been doing other Firm workouts for months already), so I progressed to Day 2 and combined it with other Firm Workouts. I've seen results specially that I also modified my eating habits.
Firm Abs workout includes yoga and Pilates-style core training as well as classic Firm abdominal training moves.

Funny you should ask. I just got done doing Power Yoga. It's not like traditional power yoga, where you hold the positions for a really long time. It's mostly stretching, core stability and light resistance. I really like it. The instructor is excellent. I think it's worth buying.

I love The Firm. I'm a total Firm addict. I'm currently doing a 3 month (!) rotation I got from the Firm site. It's called the Better Body Rotation. So far, it's proven to be true.

I LOVE the FIRM!!! I have their new TransFIRMer, and I have to say it is awesome!!!! The box is much sturdier than previous gadgets (especially the BSS3 box). The workouts are great too. Ultimate Calorie Blaster is an INTENSE cardio workout, Aerobic Body Shaping is led by Allie, who is absolutely adorable and looks fantastic. It's a combo of cardio and weights. Supercharged Sculpting is an all weights workout. I have the Jiggle Free add-ons too which are FABULOUS!!! I highly recommend this system!! I still do some of the BSS2 DVD's too, and what's great is you can use the TransFIRMer with all the other previous systems. I'm definitely a FIRM believer!!!!

Latest posts

Back