"The Island" Review! 2 Thumbs up!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK tonight we went to see "The Island" http://www.theisland-themovie.com. I have to immediately give PROPS to this movie! It was utterly amazing and get my rating of 2 thumbs up! The story is pretty unique with TONS of action. It has an amazing chase scene that was hot. Scarlett Johansson was excellent. I want to highly recommend this without spoiling it!

Synopsis:

Lincoln Six-Echo (McGregor) is a resident of a seemingly utopian but contained facility in the mid-21st century. Like all of the inhabitants of this carefully controlled environment, Lincoln hopes to be chosen to go to the "The Island," reportedly the last uncontaminated spot on the planet. But Lincoln soon discovers that everything about his existence is a lie. He and all of the other inhabitants of the facility are actually human clones whose only purpose is to provide "spare parts" for their original human counterparts. Realizing it is only a matter of time before he is "harvested," Lincoln makes a daring escape with a fellow resident named Jordan Two-Delta (Johansson). Pursued by the forces of the institute that once housed them, Lincoln and Jordan engage in a race for their lives to literally meet their makers.

theisland2.jpg

theisland1.jpg

ewan_mcgregor12.jpg

theisland1.jpg

I thought the previews were weird in that it seemed to give away a big part of the plot (that they are actually clones -- usually that sort of twist is left for the climax of the movie!) Are there any other plot twists to keep things interesting or is just lots of chase scenes and action? I doubt we'll see it in the theater but we may rent it someday!

Originally Posted by girl_geek

I thought the previews were weird in that it seemed to give away a big part of the plot (that they are actually clones -- usually that sort of twist is left for the climax of the movie!) Are there any other plot twists to keep things interesting or is just lots of chase scenes and action? I doubt we'll see it in the theater but we may rent it someday!

I guess this is my kinda movie! In fact, when I saw the preview, I don't remember saying "Oh it's a clone movie", infact, I didn't even know they were clones until they did and I see allot movies trailers LOL
I would saw there are a few more small twists, it just was an excellent movie as I was on the edge of my seat the entire movie

Originally Posted by girl_geek I thought the previews were weird in that it seemed to give away a big part of the plot (that they are actually clones -- usually that sort of twist is left for the climax of the movie!) Are there any other plot twists to keep things interesting or is just lots of chase scenes and action? I doubt we'll see it in the theater but we may rent it someday! You learn that they are clones pretty early on in the film. It is part sci fi and part action movie - the plot doesnt really go too deep but there is enough action to carry it through. It is worth seeing on the big screen

Back