The Look Bag - April

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just checked The Look Bag's FB wall again and they have deleted all the comments posted by subscribers who are complaining about customer service issues. Every single one. And not only those which were from me. I just posted again under their top post on the wall stating that April bags have shipped, asking why I still haven't received a response by email or on their wall. Guaranteed mine and other people's posts will be deleted again. I absolutely despise this company. Worst customer service ever. I emailed Glossy Box with a question when I first signed up and posted on their FB wall. I received an answer within 24 hours, by email & Facebook. The Look Bag obviously puts no thought whatsoever into customer service.
Doesn't surprise me. I found one of the CS people to be absolutely rude.

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been checking videos on youtube to see what people got, and it seems like everyone is getting the same thing now. 

That's probably good...I'm still bitter that everyone but me got that gel liner :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I have the gel liner and the 2 shadows that came with it that I have never used and probably never will.  If you want, I'll trade you something for them. 

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's probably good...I'm still bitter that everyone but me got that gel liner :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

The perfume is from an Etsy vendor! It's good but the price of a .33 oz rollerball is $17, so put the value of the sample at maybe a buck...I'm all for supporting small business, but am I the only one who finds it a little weird that this is at least the second time they've sent out samples from Etsy vendors, while the website pushes this high-octane, high-end, luxe celebrity-soaked image? I buy from a lot of Etsy people myself, but the inclusion in the Look Bag seems a weird juxtaposition. I don't think the Look Store website even lists Virga Botanicals. (edited to correct gross misspelling!)

That would be amazing!  What kind of things are you looking for?  You can PM me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the gel liner and the 2 shadows that came with it that I have never used and probably never will.  If you want, I'll trade you something for them. 

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my look bag yesterday, and overall I was pleasantly surprised. The Laura Mercier water reminds me of a Shiseido softening toner I've used and I would guess this would be used the same way, where you run it over your face before moisturizer. I'm excited to try it. The perfume is strange, other that it coming from an Etsy vendor. I tried it on, and thought it smelled kind of nice like a spa, but 15 minutes later it completely dissolved off my skin. I can't smell ANYTHING. No longevity at all. I'm happy with a second Orofluido (the first came from BB, and I loved it), and I'm happy to try the pur-lisse and the lotion. This bag is kind of a dark horse in the running of sample bags for me. I kind of forget about it, and then end up liking it when it shows up.

I got my look bag yesterday, and overall I was pleasantly surprised. The Laura Mercier water reminds me of a Shiseido softening toner I've used and I would guess this would be used the same way, where you run it over your face before moisturizer. I'm excited to try it. The perfume is strange, other that it coming from an Etsy vendor. I tried it on, and thought it smelled kind of nice like a spa, but 15 minutes later it completely dissolved off my skin. I can't smell ANYTHING. No longevity at all. I'm happy with a second Orofluido (the first came from BB, and I loved it), and I'm happy to try the pur-lisse and the lotion. This bag is kind of a dark horse in the running of sample bags for me. I kind of forget about it, and then end up liking it when it shows up.
I noticed that about the perfume as well. I like it when it first goes on, but if it keeps dissipating this way I won't order it. I don't know if it's disappearing because of something hormonal--perfume whacks out on me during my time of the month--or if it's just cruddy materials. I'm on the fence with the Orofluido. Does it weigh down curly or permed hair? And how do you use it?

I'm actually dreading getting the pur-lisse moisturizer. I got a packet sample in my myglam last month, and that stuff did not work well for me. Lot's of mixed reviews on it, but i'm glad it works for some people. I guess my skin is too sensitive. 

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I noticed that about the perfume as well. I like it when it first goes on, but if it keeps dissipating this way I won't order it. I don't know if it's disappearing because of something hormonal--perfume whacks out on me during my time of the month--or if it's just cruddy materials. I'm on the fence with the Orofluido. Does it weigh down curly or permed hair? And how do you use it?
I'd suggest taking a few drops in the palm of your hand (pea sized to dime sized amount, depending on how much hair you have), rubbing that between both hands to coat the palms, and then rubbing that through your damp, towel dried hair. Then blow dry. It smells nice, and is not supposed to weigh hair down at all. It should also help tame frizz. And it doesn't make my hair feel greasy at all. It's definitely worth a try since so many people rave about it. Hope that helps!

I canceled my bag too (checked my card, it wasn't charged). I also got two bags, both slightly different from each other. Here are the pictures.

Purlisse SPF 30 daily mositurizer
Orofluido
Jovie Jubilee luxury body lotion
Laura Mercier percecting water rich

Virga perfume

2 Tan Towel self tanning towelettes

Purlisse ultra skin brightening serum

Virga perfume

Not much difference but I'm glad I cancelled I don't see myself using most of these products. 

I guess I'm just hording samples hahah!

These bags look pretty nice (for me). I'd get more use out of them than I will the myglam bag this month. Should've stuck with the look bag, maybe I'll reactivate after I see what glossybox has going for it. 

I am so confused with this subscription service at the moment...no one answers my phone calls, responds to voicemails, or answers emails. I ordered my first bag in February, and it shipped in March. I was told I would be charged on the first of the month for April - I was never charged and never got a bag. Is this a recurring one, or are you supposed to resign up? I have no clue what is going on, I guess I should cancel (and add another birchbox subscription lol) but maybe they just decided to cancel for me? It would be nice if I could communicate with someone in the company.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Originally Posted by JadedBeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am so confused with this subscription service at the moment...no one answers my phone calls, responds to voicemails, or answers emails. I ordered my first bag in February, and it shipped in March. I was told I would be charged on the first of the month for April - I was never charged and never got a bag. Is this a recurring one, or are you supposed to resign up? I have no clue what is going on, I guess I should cancel (and add another birchbox subscription lol) but maybe they just decided to cancel for me? It would be nice if I could communicate with someone in the company.  Has this happened to anyone else?

This is supposed to be recurrent, but there have been issues with payment processing. I and at least one other person here have had their accounts cancelled for supposed fraudulent credit card information. I did speak with "Timothy" in customer service and had him reinstate my membership and force through payments for march and April; however, the bag I received was full of broken glass and now I can't reach anyone.

Wow that is awful.  I am sorry that happened to you, I hope it works out for you. I am just going to go ahead and cancel.

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is supposed to be recurrent, but there have been issues with payment processing. I and at least one other person here have had their accounts cancelled for supposed fraudulent credit card information. I did speak with "Timothy" in customer service and had him reinstate my membership and force through payments for march and April; however, the bag I received was full of broken glass and now I can't reach anyone.

Ahh, that explains it!  Well, it was a nice surprise, since I had peeked at my Birchbox AND now I've peeked at the Conscious Box contents, too. I always ruin surprises for myself!

Here's a pic of the contents, for anyone interested...

This is the bag I also got. I'm not excited about the bag. I joined because I saw the eye liner/ shadow stuff so I thought it would be more makeup. I like the skin care stuff but between the other sub I've got almost all of it!I cancelled as soon as I got home. I am willing to trade this bag if anyone is interested. I would love the eyeliner/ shadow stuff from the last box or may have been februarys box or I like nail polish in pretty much any color except whites! Pm me if anyone is interested! I saw someone got the tanning wipes. I would have loved to get those !!

I canceled my bag too (checked my card, it wasn't charged). I also got two bags, both slightly different from each other. Here are the pictures.

Purlisse SPF 30 daily mositurizer

Orofluido

Virga perfume

2 Tan Towel self tanning towelettes

Purlisse ultra skin brightening serum

Virga perfume

Not much difference but I'm glad I cancelled I don't see myself using most of these products. 

I guess I'm just hording samples hahah!
Wow, I got the first box. Wish I would have gotten the tan towels. I've been wanting to try them!

Originally Posted by JadedBeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine just arrived today..keep checking the mail! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Im confused about this company, I subscribed yesterday but I canceled today because I thought I would receive an April bag but he said it's to late , so I canceled because on the website It said I was going to be charged again next month , which made no sense if I wasn't going to receive an April one. So I canceled for now , maybe in May ill subscribe again but with hearing everyone's complaints about this company I'm kinda skeptical about it :/

I was actually so satisfied with this bag I might re-sub again.

LOVED the water, and this is the first time I've seen a company give out laura mercier samples.

I already have a full-size of the hair elixor but it's another one of my favorite products.

The body moisturizer smells great, I'm also going to use the purlisse until it runs out.

The cut off every month is the 11th. Signing up now, you pay $10 right away for May's bag and then $10 at the beginning of June for Junes bag. Hope that helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Nessax3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im confused about this company, I subscribed yesterday but I canceled today because I thought I would receive an April bag but he said it's to late , so I canceled because on the website It said I was going to be charged again next month , which made no sense if I wasn't going to receive an April one. So I canceled for now , maybe in May ill subscribe again but with hearing everyone's complaints about this company I'm kinda skeptical about it :/

Back