The new nail craze

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score

Nail Wraps - they seem to be all the rage this season. Has anyone here tried them? Please share your experience. My friend said hers lasted 7 days. I am still indecisive about buying them.

Reaction score
I've tried a few different brands. They do seem to be long lasting. I had one brand (don't remember the name, got it at Henri Bendel's) last about 10 days. Of drugstore brands the Sally Hansen wraps still looked good at 7 days. They take a little practice to get them right, but they're fun. The designs have gotten really creative.

Reaction score
I haven't tried them, but I definitely would like to. I have a hard time getting traditional nail polish to last 7 days without chipping at least slightly, and I'd like to see how much wear that I can get out of the wraps. I really like the gold nails pictured above!

Reaction score
I got some from my Influenster box I didn't really care for the style (they were free) But, they did last about 7 days or more and it was easy to put them on. I think I may try them again.

Reaction score
I've gotten up to 10 days of wear from the Sally Hansens, which are the only ones I've used yet.

Reaction score
I tried the Julep ones from one of my mystery boxes and was extremely underwhelmed. Within a day the tips were really bad looking and one had come off. I don't know if it was because the design was on the thick side or not, but by day three I was so frustrated I took them all off. 

Kiss, on the other hand, I had great luck with. Not ten days, but a solid 7 before they started to peel a little. They're pretty inexpensive, too.

Reaction score
I'm not fond of nail wraps because my nails are short and I found most products tend to be wasteful. I wish they made not only different width but different lengths.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not fond of nail wraps because my nails are short and I found most products tend to be wasteful. I wish they made not only different width but different lengths.
Interesting. My nails are pretty short, but I didn't feel (with the Hansens, anyway) that I wound up wasting very much. Then again, I was wrapping the tips, so it did use a bit more in the tuck.

Reaction score
I wrap mine under too! and maybe a top coat.. rarely though.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting. My nails are pretty short, but I didn't feel (with the Hansens, anyway) that I wound up wasting very much. Then again, I was wrapping the tips, so it did use a bit more in the tuck.

Reaction score
How short are you nails? I keep mine pretty short where I can't wrap under my nails but that's actually a fantastic tip.

Reaction score
"Tip"? Pun intended?

Here's a pic of how short my nails are....

Reaction score
LOL I didn't even think of a pun! But your nails are as long as mine. I'm going to have to try the Kiss ones I have.

Reaction score
My nails are about that same length, too. I found with the Kiss ones there's enough in the pack and enough of the sizes fit my nails that I can get 2 full manis out of them, so the value is there with that brand (for me) at least. 

Reaction score
Thank you for the comments. Then Sally Hansens it is, hopefully I can find them in a beauty shop here in Ireland. If not then the internet it is!

Reaction score
I really like them. You've got to be careful on some brands as they last like a day or two but most brands last me about a week or two. Usually in Australia they are about $15-$35 on just one set depending on the brand so I usually order online from ***************.com as they have plenty from there and also very cheap.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by channelzero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My nails are about that same length, too. I found with the Kiss ones there's enough in the pack and enough of the sizes fit my nails that I can get 2 full manis out of them, so the value is there with that brand (for me) at least. 
I have a box of those but havent used them yet because they are so long. So what do you do? cut them in half with scissors?

Reaction score
I love them! They are easier than nail art and last for a good while. 

Reaction score
I really love the SH ones! I am dying to get my hands on the new OPI nail strips too. AND NOW THEY HAVE THEM FOR TOES SO EXCITED! ha, 

Latest posts