The Official Beading Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Charmaine I have some new stuff, do I put them all in this thread now? Go for it, hun!
icon_smile.gif
I just figured since there was such an interest in beading, we'd try to keep it condensed. Plus, it's a sticky so it's easy to find!!

I saw this on Target's website and I thought.....I could make that. They're charging $29.99 for it!! It's gorgeous, but I don't think I'll ever buy anymore beaded jewelry. I'd rather make it ALL!

B000EHUJ5U.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS384_.jpg

May 2006

Readers' tips to make your beading life easier

1 letter perfect

To organize alphabet beads, string them on a pipe cleaner (available at craft stores). Form words, or sort by letters to keep the beads easily accessible and to help you quickly see how many of a particular letter you have. Fold the ends to keep the beads in place.

- Marie Rankin, via e-mail

2 tidy tote

Pick up a plastic organizer from your local home-improvement store. This one has four drawers with multiple compartments, a handle that folds down, and holes for wall mounting - all for only $10.

- Ruth Zamarripa, Los Gatos, CA

3 bridging the gap

If you see a gap between beads in a finished piece, fill the space with a crimp cover. Select a silver- or gold-colored crimp cover to match your design, then simply close the cover over the beading wire - no restringing required.

- Elizabeth Wall, Irvington, NJ

4 sweet spoons

Small spoons are indispensable for picking up tiny beads. Save plastic spoons that are packaged with artificial sweeteners. Or, keep one after you've sampled a flavor from the ice-cream shop. These plastic spoons are free and always available, so you won't be frustrated if you lose one.

- Marlene Vidibor, Ghent, NY

5 revolving display

To display many earrings, hang them in the holes of an inverted mesh trash can. Place the trash can on a lazy Susan, and spin the lazy Susan to see your jewelry at a glance.

- Catie Hoover, via e-mail

does anyone have instructions for making a wedding tiara or comb....it needs to be classy and understated...thanks!

I am dying to start beading. Have a friend who has made a fortune. I have a feeling I could not part with a thing!!!!!

I have been beading for awhile.. Does anyone else make their own beaded jewelry? I have made a lot of hemp bracelets/necklaces with beads.. I love it!

I am reying to get into it. I love the look. Their are a lot of magazines on beading. Where can you find it on the web?

Does anyone still make things with beads? I love making jewelry my friends always want some of it but I just can never part with any
eusa_whistle.gif

Here's a pics of one.
DSC00128.jpg

Back