The Official Beading Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my new-found hobby! I took one class at Michaels craft store last Friday and I am hooked! I've searched for beading forums, but I couldn't find any. Hopefully someone here likes beading too! Anyway, I already made some jewelry and I would like to share it with you guys. My dad told me that finally I don't have to buy so much jewelry, I can just make it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

The first one is a pair of earrings with a matching stretchy bracelet. I didn't know how to make one with the clasp yet so it's elastic. I'm probably gonna change it to a regular bracelet. The second picture is on earring on my ear so you can see how it looks. The third one is a necklace I made for my mom tonight for a party she's going to in California to match her purple dress. Can you see the clasp? hehehe I learned tonight how to make it with that. I'm gonna make matching earrings for that tomorrow. I made some stretchy bracelets for my little cousins, but it doesn't look as good, so I'm not gonna put that up here. Thanks for reading through and looking at the pics! I'm obsessed with beading!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Oh I love beading too, Charmaine!

That earings looks hot!

I've made few beading accessories before, bracelets, earings, and necklace.

But, I stopped beadings after I got my D70 last year lol.

I'm planning to continue to make another more beads. But, this time I'll put more stones.

Currently I'm looking for birthstones, and planning to make the bracelet/necklace for my friends birthday present.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Awesome! I'm so happy that some does it too! But I'm afraid I'm still a newbie...what's D70? D70 is Nikon Digital Camera.

I'll post some pics if I'm done with the beads.
biggrin.gif

In Japan beads are always IN, and their beads always gorgeous!

I purchased my beads stock from this website.

http://www.beadsmania.com/

cute charms!

the only beading i've done was making those braclets with the tiny beads and stretchy rubber cord. and you would have like 5 of them on your wrist. i haven't done them in awhile

Originally Posted by Charmaine Oh my goodness they are all so awesome! What language is that? I like them all and I don't want to ask you to translate all of them, so I'll find a translator. Thanks for offering though, and for sharing the link! It's Japanese language.

I'm glad you like it, I'm sure you'll like it though, because it's gorgeous beads craft.

Wow those are very nice.. Good job! I recently got hooked on beading too..
icon_redface.gif
I made a 4-strand necklace that I now wear all the time. I'll post a pic when I get a chance...

That's great Chamaine!!! I started beading about three years ago and for a while i was selling them... had a GREAT clientele.... my next venture is making my own beading centerpieces from polymer clay... i'll post some of my stuff later...

Hey Charmaine, I love to bead too. I go in spurts, sometimes I just have too many other things going on to do it. It was makeup addiction before, then I went to beads ( now I have trays and trays) now it is back to makeup. I think my bead additction at one time was worse than makeup
icon_redface.gif
I would drop $100 everytime. Those little suckers can get spendy!! I'm not sure where you live, but we have tons of bead shops around here in the Sacramento area, I am sure you probably do where you live too. You can find some good quality stuff at some of these. One of my favorite places around me (and there are a few of them) is called the BeadShoppe, great stuff, may want to see if there is one by you too.
icon_biggrin.gif

how pretty! sounds like a really fun and creative hobby. keep posting pics of your creations, they're gorgeous!

Great job!

I did a lot of beading a few years ago, but haven't made anything in a quite a while.

It quickly becomes and obsession!

i have a bead shop right down the road. i never went in but i always thought it might be fun to try it.I should finally go in,thats pretty jewelry you made.i think it would be cool to wear something you made yourself.

everyone should post up their beading stuff! i think it's such a cute thing.

keep us updated, char
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Wow that is really pretty! I love the matching earrings too! thank youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by QurlySq this is one of my favorites
wow thats really nice,id buy something like that!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
hopefully i can be as creative!!!
claps.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi ladies! I just wanted to let everyone know that we've made an official beading thread. For those of you who enjoy beading or are interested in learning more about here is the place. Feel free to show your work, share tips and tricks, ideas and more.

I also wanted to thank Charmaine for creating the buzz! :icon_love

Latest posts

Back