The Official Long Distance Relationship (LDR) Support Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
i know there are a few people on here in LDRs and since we're all friends, i started this thread to support each other and talk about things since we can all relate to each other.

post here and let us know who you are! tell us your stories, too! dating, engaged, married, etc. how'd you meet? where do you live? give us all the goods, even if we already know it.

 
Joined
Nov 6, 2005
Messages
7,153
Reaction score
3
Aw, wish this started long ago.
frown.gif


 
Joined
Feb 26, 2006
Messages
12,224
Reaction score
3
well

you can say that i met someone

and i sooooooooo want to see him at person

he is such a great positive strong man

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
edited my original post!

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I will soon be posting here. my boo is going to be gone for 9 months.
frown.gif
no way!!! where's he going?!
frown.gif
i'm sorry. i think it's much easier for people who started out separated since we're used to it. i couldn't imagine seeing toby every day and then being separated
frown.gif
 
Joined
Feb 22, 2006
Messages
22,700
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif no way!!! where's he going?!
frown.gif
i'm sorry. i think it's much easier for people who started out separated since we're used to it. i couldn't imagine seeing toby every day and then being separated
frown.gif
It sucks! The longest John and I have been apart while together was about 3 months... I hated it every moment! It's so hard to go from having someone there for you daily, to them not being there AND being limited in when you can talk to them!
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif It sucks! The longest John and I have been apart while together was about 3 months... I hated it every moment! It's so hard to go from having someone there for you daily, to them not being there AND being limited in when you can talk to them!
frown.gif
you're married now, though, yay!
smile.gif
 
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
9,100
Reaction score
31
In my case it was better that Shawn and I both lived in Vienna and were together for a year before he had to leave Austria. That gave us a chance to really get to know each other and build a strong relationship before being seperated. That way we knew what we have is worth fighting for.

Well, Shawn and I have been geographically seperated since May 2006, and got engaged in September 2006 when I was visiting him in the US for the first time.

So yeah, I live in Austria, he lives in the US. Things were extremely (!) hard for the first 6 months or so (heartache and loneliness wise), I went through depression etc....it sucked! But I got through this with his help and things were finally back to normal.

But then we did have some big issues starting in summer this year, which lead to him cancelling my ticket to to come see him in summer. Neither of us cheated or lied, I´ll leave it at that. He had a lot of personal issues going on on top of that, so I know he didn´t take the easy way out by cancelling my ticket. I was mad, upset, hurt, extremely pissed off...but I got over it.

He´s till working on sorting out his personal issues, so things are getting better and better. We love each other more than ever now, because I know some couples who are not in a LDR would have not survived what we did, so we know we are meant to be.

Thanks for starting this thread, Jennifer!!!

LDR are so hard, but for me it is so worth it since I´d rather be here alone, missing him, than being with someone else.

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif In my case it was better that Shawn and I both lived in Vienna and were together for a year before he had to leave Austria. That gave us a chance to really get to know each other and build a strong relationship before being seperated. That way we knew what we have is worth fighting for.
Well, Shawn and I have been geographically seperated since May 2006, and got engaged in September 2006 when I was visiting him in the US for the first time.

So yeah, I live in Austria, he lives in the US. Things were extremely (!) hard for the first 6 months or so (heartache and loneliness wise), I went through depression etc....it sucked! But I got through this with his help and things were finally back to normal.

But then we did have some big issues starting in summer this year, which lead to him cancelling my ticket to to come see him in summer. Neither of us cheated or lied, I´ll leave it at that. He had a lot of personal issues going on on top of that, so I know he didn´t take the easy way out by cancelling my ticket. I was mad, upset, hurt, extremely pissed off...but I got over it.

He´s till working on sorting out his personal issues, so things are getting better and better. We love each other more than ever now, because I know some couples who are not in a LDR would have not survived what we did, so we know we are meant to be.

Thanks for starting this thread, Jennifer!!!

LDR are so hard, but for me it is so worth it since I´d rather be here alone, missing him, than being with someone else.

i'm sorry he canceled your ticket, but i'm glad you guys are doing good
smile.gif
you 2 are so cute!!!
here's my story...

toby and i started talking in july 2005. we met through his cousin here on MuT! his fiancee at the time was cheating on him while he was in iraq and his cousin asked all of us to help cheer him up and while everyone emailed him, i IM'd him on AOL, which was weird cuz it's so not like me. i thought i'd talk to him once, but we kept talking and talking and i was falling for him and i didn't even meet him in person. he lives in mississippi and i live in new york, so we're from 2 different worlds and 1,000 miles apart when he's home. i thought it'd never work out and it was soooo difficult cuz i really started to believe i was in love with him, which again is not like me.

we finally met in person in may 2006 and we decided we had to be together. being my family is so strict, i kept him a secret for over a year and i was so close to just leaving a note on the table telling everyone i left and never going back. i'm glad i didn't do that cuz my mom met him and accepts him. it was so hard telling her about him and was very emotional, but i'm so glad i did.

we're engaged now and we're getting married soon hopefully and it's soooo difficult, but i love him more than anything and i believe it's all worth it
smile.gif


sorry about my novel lol

 
Joined
Feb 22, 2006
Messages
22,700
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif
you're married now, though, yay!
smile.gif
It was after we were married LOL! It was the time when he was here in NY before we moved up... Hell, I don't even like it when he's gone for a week!
 

Nox

Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
4,409
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif we're engaged now and we're getting married soon hopefully and it's soooo difficult, but i love him more than anything and i believe it's all worth it
smile.gif


w00t.gif
You're engaged now! Congratulations, it's the first time I'm learning about this. Best blessings for you two.
 
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
350
Reaction score
0
its really hard to stay away from someone you love soo dearly!!

Saad, my fiance is my cousin and he lives back home and i live here in Middle East with my parents.. he loved me since he was 12 years old and had been proposing me for the last 8 years and i kept saying no no no :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

last year i went for my sis wedding(to my home country) and i saw him..we had been friends all those years.. i was surprised to see him grow up like this, i couldn;t even tell him that he is soo young because he looked soo good and responsible!

anyways long story short..his parents always wanted to ask my parents but because of me they didnt, but his mother sensed that i was falling for him!!

He asked his mother to talk to my parents( in our culture, boys parents ask for the girls hand) and tah daahhhh
biggrin.gif
we got engaged!

i stayed with him for 2 months but had to return

i crieddddddddd like a babyyyyy ... i cried cried and cried for soo long..

though he would tell me that soon we will be together!! he visited me later in June and stayed till August, we had soo much fun!!

then he went back...

it has been more than a year now since i have seen him but i will be seeing him soooooooonnnnnnnnn
biggrin.gif
in dec..

we are getting marrieddd. yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!

i just love him and adore him..we had our ups and down but he is the best..i swear i could have never asked for a better life partner
smile.gif


after dec..i am not leaving him for even 1 sec..screw everything and everyone!! i will stick to him like a glue :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif It was after we were married LOL! It was the time when he was here in NY before we moved up... Hell, I don't even like it when he's gone for a week! oh, that's right! well, at least you get to see him every day now!

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
w00t.gif
You're engaged now! Congratulations, it's the first time I'm learning about this. Best blessings for you two. aww, thank you!
smile.gif


Originally Posted by masad /img/forum/go_quote.gif its really hard to stay away from someone you love soo dearly!!Saad, my fiance is my cousin and he lives back home and i live here in Middle East with my parents.. he loved me since he was 12 years old and had been proposing me for the last 8 years and i kept saying no no no :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

last year i went for my sis wedding(to my home country) and i saw him..we had been friends all those years.. i was surprised to see him grow up like this, i couldn;t even tell him that he is soo young because he looked soo good and responsible!

anyways long story short..his parents always wanted to ask my parents but because of me they didnt, but his mother sensed that i was falling for him!!

He asked his mother to talk to my parents( in our culture, boys parents ask for the girls hand) and tah daahhhh
biggrin.gif
we got engaged!

i stayed with him for 2 months but had to return

i crieddddddddd like a babyyyyy ... i cried cried and cried for soo long..

though he would tell me that soon we will be together!! he visited me later in June and stayed till August, we had soo much fun!!

then he went back...

it has been more than a year now since i have seen him but i will be seeing him soooooooonnnnnnnnn
biggrin.gif
in dec..

we are getting marrieddd. yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!

i just love him and adore him..we had our ups and down but he is the best..i swear i could have never asked for a better life partner
smile.gif


after dec..i am not leaving him for even 1 sec..screw everything and everyone!! i will stick to him like a glue :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

that's a nice story! i'm happy for you!
 
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
2,109
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif i'm sorry he canceled your ticket, but i'm glad you guys are doing good
smile.gif
you 2 are so cute!!!
here's my story...

toby and i started talking in july 2005. we met through his cousin here on MuT! his fiancee at the time was cheating on him while he was in iraq and his cousin asked all of us to help cheer him up and while everyone emailed him, i IM'd him on AOL, which was weird cuz it's so not like me. i thought i'd talk to him once, but we kept talking and talking and i was falling for him and i didn't even meet him in person. he lives in mississippi and i live in new york, so we're from 2 different worlds and 1,000 miles apart when he's home. i thought it'd never work out and it was soooo difficult cuz i really started to believe i was in love with him, which again is not like me.

we finally met in person in may 2006 and we decided we had to be together. being my family is so strict, i kept him a secret for over a year and i was so close to just leaving a note on the table telling everyone i left and never going back. i'm glad i didn't do that cuz my mom met him and accepts him. it was so hard telling her about him and was very emotional, but i'm so glad i did.

we're engaged now and we're getting married soon hopefully and it's soooo difficult, but i love him more than anything and i believe it's all worth it
smile.gif


sorry about my novel lol

holy crap i remember that! I talked to him a few times also! He told me about big spiders i think and totally freaked me out!! Awww!!!
 
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Messages
4,826
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif edited my original post!

no way!!! where's he going?!
frown.gif
i'm sorry. i think it's much easier for people who started out separated since we're used to it. i couldn't imagine seeing toby every day and then being separated
frown.gif


He is going away for americorp. To say I will miss him is an understatement.
 
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
aww yay! Fun thread, nice to hear about other ppl stories and how everything has worked out for them, makes me even sure about me and my love.

We met online last january.. literaly talked everyday after first week.. so got to know each other real well. I went to see him in NY last june-july, and im from Finland.. Booked my next flight for christmas and new years, 3 weeks. Soo cant wait to see him again. were in love, thinking about moving into the same country.. n starting a life together.

happy we met the way we did, I now if we met somewhere in person first, things wouldnt be like this.

 
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
350
Reaction score
0
wow amia!! i am always amazed at how people can find perfect match online!! but it is true that it can happen because online or in person, it actually depends on the individual!! if you find the right person, it just happens!!

biggrin.gif


dont think..move to the same country
wink.gif


 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by bejb1011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif holy crap i remember that! I talked to him a few times also! He told me about big spiders i think and totally freaked me out!! Awww!!! yep, that's my cuppycake!
heart.gif
LOL the last time he told me that story about spiders was last week
blabla.gif


Originally Posted by Amia /img/forum/go_quote.gif aww yay! Fun thread, nice to hear about other ppl stories and how everything has worked out for them, makes me even sure about me and my love.We met online last january.. literaly talked everyday after first week.. so got to know each other real well. I went to see him in NY last june-july, and im from Finland.. Booked my next flight for christmas and new years, 3 weeks. Soo cant wait to see him again. were in love, thinking about moving into the same country.. n starting a life together.

happy we met the way we did, I now if we met somewhere in person first, things wouldnt be like this.

wow! that's sooooooooo great!
 

Latest posts

Top