The official used it up thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@eastofthesun - I have been interested in the LaVanila Deodorant. Its on my list. I am using a Lush product that I will have for awhile that I like. But, I will get to this one. Glad you like it.

I am glad I got 10 products in by the end of the month.  I like to participate with you monthly post gals.

Lots of Lush products going on.

Lush Amandopondo Bubble Bar - This had the Rose Jam scent.  The water was very moisturized, almost oily feeling.  But, it did not linger on the skin in a bad way or create any issues with the tub.  I recommend for an elegant soak.

Origins Modern Friction Instant Brightening Pads - These work like an exfoliating toner.  I don't love the scratchy feel.  However, using these showed I was good at taking off my makeup.  No makeup ever showed up on these.

Lush Celebrate Hand and Body Lotion - This was moisturizing but I won't repurchase because its a citrus scent which I don't love.  I have one more pot to use.

Lush Reindeer Rock Bar Soap - I did not enjoy the sweet berry scent or the hardness of the bar. It truly was a rock.  The red color created a murder scene effect in the shower that was not pleasant. 

Lush Charity Pot - I like this scent.  Its a hard one to describe.  It moisturizes well.  I will not repurchase as I want to try other things/scents.  I would like to try the original Charity Pot that comes in the bottle.

Lush Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub - I wasn't planning on trying this but, I ended up with a sample pot.  I decided to just use it on my face to give me the most uses.  Love, Love.  My skin felt so soft, clean and not stripped of moisture.  This is my favorite cleanser to date. 

Lush Rose Jam Shower Gel - I have to hang my head in shame with this one.  I was not a fan of this when I first opened the bottle and even mentioned my dislike on the Lush thread.  It was the strongest, sweetest smell I have ever encountered in a shower gel.  But, there must be some sort of drug in it because my opinion changed and I will get this again some day.  Never would have guessed.

Rusk Texture Dry Finishing Spray - I think I got this in one of my subs.  It gave me a little texture but, not enough. 

Lush Oatifix Fresh Face Mask - Did not love this.  It was like rubbing cookie dough on my face in texture and in smell.  But, it did nothing for my skin.  Its suppose to be for dry complexions but, I actually found it drying.  Its a good buy as far as the amount of product you get.  Its hard to use up before the 3 week expiration date.

Strivectin Intensive Illuminating Serum - This serum felt nice.  Not tacky like some serums can be.  I didn't notice anything amazing happening.  But, the deluxe sample only lasted a few weeks with twice daily use. 

Trash: Clinique Black Honey lip stick, Butter London Strawberry Field

Last edited by a moderator:
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Opal: I think my hopes were too high for this. The way people talk about this I thought it would be like Jesus himself had descended and given my cheeks the heavenly glow like I'd just been made a saint or something. It's....highlighter. I don't think it's significantly better than any other liquid highlighters. I almost like the Nars ones better. Meh. 
I'm glad to hear this from you, I've been hearing the same sort of holy reviews and I keep almost buying it (even though I never use the totally decent highlighters I already own).

It was a good month! And I'm hoping that I'm nearing the end of my deluxe and foil samples.. I mean, how many more can I possibly have? Goodness...

Full Size

ELF Makeup Mist and Set - This was an ok mist, but I much prefer micro-spray bottles. This would definitely splat in patches on my face sometimes.
Laneige Water Sleeping Pack - Really liked this sleeping mask! It was really hydrating, but I didn't feeling like it did a great job of sealing in the previous layers I put on. Might rebuy for future winter seasons though since it's quite affordable and easy to get.
The Pampery Cupcake Bath Fizz - Just picked this up from the drugstore and it was very moisturizing. Will be looking for it again since it surprised me when I wasn't expecting much.
Equitance Brightening Serum + Spot Corrector (Influenster) - This is by far the most expensive thing I've ever gotten from Influenster, and I (unfortunately) really liked it. I saw a difference in the lighter PIE on my cheeks, although it did seem that close to the end of the tube I had stopped seeing results, like it had just hit the wall of it's effectiveness. If you have light PIE and some money to blow though, this might be something to try.
Organic Skindoctor Tea Tree Face Wash (Allure) - Really liked it, especially the smell. It was like a light citrus, without making me think it was bad for my skin. Just a nice basic face wash.
Dove Deodorant in Shea Butter - My perennial favorite, not matter the scent. 
Ziaja Goat's Milk Eye Cream - Did not like and it lasted for sooooo long! It was really watery and runny and I just hated it near the end. 
Equate Refreshing Cleansing Cloths - My usual and favorite. Sturdy and gets my face ready in the morning.
Milky Dress Bohr-Effect Carboxy Gel (Memebox) - I had heard that this mask hurt a bit, and that was so true! You put on the gel, then put on the paper mask and it starts popping on your skin. Then you add more of the gel on top of the mask and it hurts even more! I was really surprised that my skin wasn't red afterwards. I have another mask like this waiting in the wings and now I'm not so sure I want to use it...
NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder - Love using this under my eyes and with BB creams since it's so light. Have already repurchased.

Deluxe Size
DDF Ultra-Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew (BirchBox)- Lasted for almost two months! Didn't like it though. Realized after using it as my daytime moisturizer for a while that it was making my skin feel dry under makeup. 
Essential Elements Body Lotion (BirchBox) - Made me smell like a chicken being prepped for the oven. Just no. Used it on my feet. 
Dr Brant Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner Mask (BirchBox)- I don't really have blackheads anymore, but this was still a cool mask to use.
Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate (BirchBox)- Not sure what this is supposed to do, but it felt nice. Doesn't justify the price for me though.
Vichy Aqualia Thermal (Glossy Box) - I had this open for a year and just decided to use it on my feet since I wasn't into it.
Bobbi Brown Smoky Eye Mascara (Sample Society) - LOVE! Won't buy the full size just yet because I want to see if I can find a drugstore alternative, but the brush and formula were amazing for my lashes!
A-True Black Tea Sun Cream (Memebox) - Too heavy for my face so I used it on my neck and decolletage. 
Boh Moist Youth Ampoule Essence (Memebox) - Wasn't a fan of the oily texture.
Benefit Stay Flawless Primer - Just ok. Didn't feel like it really did anything to help my makeup stay in place.
Savia Slowly and Perfectly 7 Days Peptide (Memebox) - Felt nice and seemed to make my skin feel softer.
GlamGlow Thirsty Mud Hydrating Treatment - Loved the smell and it felt nice, but didn't do much to moisturize. Wouldn't repurchase unless I found a good deal on it.
Soy Bio+ Fermented Lumpoule (Memebox) - I feel the same way I did about the first one: meh.
Estee Lauder Enlighten (Sample Society) - I like the feel of it, but I can't really tell if it's doing anything. Going through a second bottle now. 
H20+ Marine Calm Gentle Creamy Cleanser - Loved this! Will most likely be repurchasing once I go through my stash of cleansers unless I find something I like more.
Dr Brant Microdermabrasion (BirchBox) - There was something menthol-ish in this that didn't work well with my skin. Ended up using it as a body scrub.
Cremorlab White Bloom Foam Cleanser (Peach & Lily) - This was a lovely, light cleanser. The smell was nice too, and when I accidentally got it on my mouth I noticed that it even tastes sweet! Wouldn't repurchase, but definitely nice.
Lumene Pure Radiance Night Cream (New Beauty Test Tube) - Liked since it was a nice, heavy cream, but didn't love it.
Mario Badescu Special Cleansing Lotion C - This definitely had some astringent properties and that just isn't what I look for in a toner.
Cynthia Rowley Creamy Lip Stain in Sugar - Nice color, but it was more of a lip gloss than a lip stain. There wasn't really any color left behind after the gloss had faded.
Coola Classic Sunscreen in Cucumber (BirchBox) - Just weird. It had little beads in it like there are in exfoliators. This doesn't work when you are trying to put on makeup over it. Ended up using on my neck and decolletage. 
Supergoop Play spf 30 (Birchbox)- This was weird and runny. Not my favorite sunscreen texture.
Supergoop Everyday spf 30 (Birchbox)- On the other hand, I liked this more traditional sunscreen.

Foils
Skinfood Egg White Pore Mask - Fav Skinfood mask
PureDerm Strawberry Yogurt Mask (Memebox)- Nice and light but didn't think there was much point to using it.
Skinfood Black Sugar Wash Off Mask
Innisfree Orchid Night Cream - Weird waxy formula. It made my skin feel sticky, but not in a moisturized way. It also wouldn't mix with my facial oil; the oil would just sit on top of it. Smelled nice though.
Davines Replumping Conditioner & Shampoo (BirchBox)- Love this stuff! I might use some BB points to pick it up soon. It makes my hair feel so soft and light. 
Crysence Shampoo and Treatment x4 (Memebox)- Meh.
Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Clay Mask - Meh. I've used clay masks I've liked better. 
Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Essence - One of those lotion type essences. It was ok, don't think it did much for me though.
Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution - Not enough to see a difference. 
Milky Dress The White Platinum (Memebox)- Really liked the way this make my skin look, even more that the Nella Fantasia One Day cream. But it didn't play nice with the other AM skincare items I use and rolled up all over the place. 
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Wasn't expecting this to be like a lotion, and I don't like those types of primers. Wouldn't purchase. 
Skin&Lab Red Serum - Already have the full size but figured I would use this up since I love it so much!
Mario Badescu Buttermilk Moisturizer - Just ok. I much prefer their Aloe Moisturizer. 

Perfume Samples:(Only one this month because I've been bouncing around with my scents lately!)
Sage + Fasten Onward (Birchbox) - It was nice, but it dried out in the container really quickly. I only had a few uses. 

Face Masks
Velieve Honey Moisture Girlish Mask (Memebox)- LOVED! The next day I was researching how to buy more of these since they aren't easily available on US sites. Will be buying a ton more through Avecko! They perfectly fit my face and were dripping with essence. Great masks!
Velieve Collagen Lifting Girlish Mask (Memebox)- See above.
Pure Smile Japanese Sake Mask (Memebox) - Conserving these since I love them but they are discontinued :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Etude House Tea Tree Sheet Mask
Innisfree It's Real Rice Mask
Missha Real Essential Ceramide Sheet Mask
Innisfree Canola Honey Hyrdro Gel Mask x2
Innisfree Apple Yogurt Capsule Pack - Really liked now light the texture and smell was. Got three uses out of the little pot.

@@goldendarter - The Tom's of Maine deodorant is situational at best. I had to stop using it after a week because the zinc whatever in it has been known to cause people to break out with a nasty rash. I was fine the first few days, then bam, nasty pain and redness.  I'm still looking for a good natural deodorant myself, don't let this dissuade you from deodorants in general.

Here is my list for Jan!

1. LA Fresh Nail Polish Remover Acetone-Free -Foil- One foil does not remove nail polish from all 10 nails. I still will buy it.

2. Gourmet Body Treats Chamomile Cleansing Cream- FS- My favorite cleanser.

3. Mineral Fusion Lasting Color Conditioner - FS - Does the job well and does not agitate my rosacea.

4.TATCHA Indigo Silk Body Butter - FS - :wub: LOVE :wub:   TATCHA. I bought a replacement in December.

5. Masque Fleurs de Jasmin Hair Conditioning Mask - Eva Scrivo Quarterly Box 1 - DS - Left my hair (thick, wavy, long color-treated) knotty.

6. Davines Replumping Shampoo - BirchBox- Foil- Scent reminded me of teenage boy's beauty products.

7. Davines Repluming  Conditioner - BirchBox - Foil- Scent reminded me of teenage boy's beauty products.

8. Giovanni Hydrating-Calming Conditioner - Foil - Not enough for even half of my hair.

9. Korres Cherry Lip Gloss mini - Sample Society Warehouse Mystery Sale - Perfect size for me and looked nice too.

10. Shu Uemura Essence Absolue Nourishing Oil-in-cream - BirchBox Vanity Affair- DS - I am not sure if it did anything for my hair. It did not bother my rosacea :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

11. Yarok Feed Your Mositure Shampoo - GoodeBoxe BreastCanceer LE -FS- I did not enjoy using it because it needs to be massaged into your hair. My hair is thick and long so it took awhile. My hair loves it. It looked amazing whenever I used it. I will buy it.

12. Lavina Argan Oil - Petit Vour -DS - Smells like dirty diapers.

13. Organic Keratin Treatment Leave-In Conditioner - Gourmet Body Treats- DS- Did not like the smell.

14. Philip B Light-Weight Deep Consitoining Crème Rinse - Sample Society - Brought out the waves in my hair.

15. TATCHA Indigo soothing silk hand cream - Foil - :wub: - I have a full size and a travel size.

16. Honey Cream Wash gingerade - 100% Pure Mystery Bag- Foil - Could not tell anything.

17.  Yu-Be moisturizing Skin Cream - BirchBox- Can't tell.

18 . L'huile de Lenore Grayl - Eva Scrivo Quarterly Box 2 -DS- A nice version of coconut oil. I liked it.

19. Caudalie Radiance Serum Complexion Correction - DS- The sample that kept giving. It seems to work,

20. TATCHA Ageless enriching renewal cream - Foil- Looks like it works.

21. TATCHA Luminous deep hydration firming serum - Foil - can't tell

22. TATCHA  Indigo Soothing Renewal Treatment - Foil - Seems to work

23. Mineral Fusion lasting color shampoo - FS - Works great and doesn't bother my rosacea.

24. Briogeo Don't Despair Repair - BirchBox - Knotted up my hair.

25. TATCHA Indigo Soothing Renewal Treatment - Foil - Seems to work.

26. Salus Shower Bombs Eucalyptus - FS-  Smells nice.

27. Philosphy renewed hope in a jar - Foil - Did not bother my rosacea.

28. SheaTerra Organics Bourbon Vanilla whipped Shea butter - GoodeBox - DS-Smells good enough to eat :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

29. CellCeuticals Extremely Gentle Skin Cleanser-maybe Blush Mystery Bag? - DS - I started to use it and stopped because of the design of the bottle caused it to flow out quickly. I finished it up this month. It did not bother my rosacea.

30. Caviar Cream CC 10 in 1 Complete Correction Leave in Hair Perfector - Sample Society - DS-  Loved it. Gave me soft waves.

31. Moe's Apothecary Coconut Lime & Mint Emusified Body Scrub - Dotti Mini Box - FS - This is one of my favorite srubs. It melts into your skin.

32. Coconut Soap Sample - GoodeBox - DS - Works great with scrubs because of light scent.

33. Painted Earth Mint Victorian Charm - Little Lace Box - Sad to see this finished. Great color and smelled like mint.

34. Balanced guru energy mist Intution - Eco Emi - FS - Love it!

35. Tatcha INDIGO soothing silk body butter- DS- Love it!!!

36. Pre de Provence Lavender Body Cream (body butter) - Little Lace Box - FS - Loved it. I used it every night before bed.

37. Lotus Wei Inner Peace Mist - GoodeBox - Used the spray on the sheets every night. I think it helped.

38 .Earthbody Dream Body Oil - Petit Vour - DS - It was relaxing to use the oil after a shower.

39. Dancin' Goat Java Jive Bye, Bye Cellulite Scrub - Eco Emi - FS - Smells great.

40. Hillhouse Naturals Vintage Farmhouse Candle Evergreen - Candle. I bought it from Little Lace Box because I enjoyed my other candle. I could smell this throughout my house.

I used 3 sheetmasks from a box of 10. Do I count them or wait until the box is empty?

Not too many empties for me this month, but something is better than nothing!  On to a better February.

Essence 24 hour hand protection lotion in raspberry chocolate cookie (full size, 75mL)

Bulgari Bath Tea Bag in Eau Parfumee au the blanc (full size, 15g)

Le Labo Vanille 44 (sample, appx 2 mL)

YSL Touch Eclat (sample, appx 2 ml)

[SIZE=12pt]Comme des Garcons, Zagorsk (decant, appx. 10mL[/SIZE]

At a somewhat slower pace, hence not posting my results on the 100 empties thread though I'm enjoying it nonetheless, in January I finished

Alima Pure luminous shimmer blush, Candy, sample
Kiss My Face moisture shave, Cool Mint, full size 325 mL
Yves Rocher organic shower gel, Vanilla, full size
Cult Nails nail top coat, Wicked Fast, full size 0.5 oz

Here are my empties for January :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  (and this is like my 10th time trying to post this because apparently my brain is not working and I keep clicking on the wrong threads :lol: )

Full Size:
Biore Self Heating One Minute Mask With Natural Charcoal -
This comes with 4 single use packets. It definitely was self heating and I really liked that. It’s nice that it only takes a minute for when you don’t have a lot of time. I didn’t really notice a difference in my skin, though. They felt nice and are convenient so I might give them another shot when I get through all my masks.
Freeman Dragon Fruit Foot Lotion - This stuff smells reallllyyyy good. I love the scent. It doesn’t feel greasy at all and seems to absorb fast. It is also really cheap which I like xD
Lush Brightside Bubble Bar - This stuff smells sooooo good, but Lush bubble bars really don’t impress me which is a total bummer. I LOVE their bath bombs, but the bubble bars don’t live up to the hype. When I do get a good amount of bubbles, they are almost all pretty much gone within 10-15 mins. I take a loooong bath (like 2 hours long and sometimes I add more hot water in and stay in longer because I looooove bathes!) so I’m not expecting the bubbles to last the whole time, but 10 or 15 mins!? That’s just ridiculous. And they don’t do anything else special to justify the price (don’t make my skin soft, scent doesn’t linger on me, etc.). So I will just stick with the bath bombs from them.

Deluxe Sample:
Stila Lip Glaze in Kaleidoscope -
This is the first lip gloss I’ve ever used up in my life!! And the sample size is still huge so I’m super proud of myself for that! I got a huge set of these on sale quite awhile ago. I used to only wear lip gloss, never lipstick, but now that has swapped so I’m trying to get through all my lip glosses before they go bad. The formula is definitely sticky, but that doesn’t bother me. The color was almost clear on me (I have very pigmented lips) and had some shimmer in it which I’m not the biggest fan of.
SeaRx Anti-Wrinkling Serum - This is supposed to prevent wrinkles and reduce the appearance of fine lines. I’m only 23 so I don’t have any wrinkles yet and obviously can’t tell how well it works at preventing them. Other than that, it didn’t make my skin look any different so wouldn’t purchase.
Mystery Spray Thingamajig - I received this sample from Birchbox a couple years ago (oops…I really need to clear out my sample stash).  I threw the empty packaging away before I wrote it down because I was 100% positive I got it in a Birchbox so figured I would just get the name from their website. Well apparently they no longer carry it because I looked through all my past boxes and it’s no longer there. This was some kind of hydrating mist thing. It was useless. It made my face smell like coconuts. That was all it did.
Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle - I know everyone raves about this stuff, but it did literally nothing for my hair. Probably because I have a really short pixie cut and don’t do anything to it. The smell was just okay. I have another one of these to go through, too.
Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo - This shampoo was actually really nice. It made my hair feel soft and not greasy (hard to do) but the price is too high for me.
Mary Kay Eyeliner in Deep Brown - This eyeliner was really nice and I loved the color. I didn’t use it in my waterline, but it stayed on my lids and under my eyes nice and didn’t smudge all over. However, the consultant lady I got this from was so annoying and pushy that it made me never want to buy anything from Mary Kay again. I’m a super nice person to the point where it is literally hard for me to be mean or rude or even stick up for myself, and this lady pushed me to my limits. Email after email. She even lost my number so would text my friend like 50 times while she was working to try and get my number to get me to go back and have me host a party (that I said I wasn‘t interested in doing MANY times). NEVER AGAIN!!!
ModelCo Power Lash Mascara - This was just alright. It didn’t make my lashes really full or long or anything special so wouldn’t buy it.

Foils:
Matrix Biolage fiberstrong Intra-Cylane Fortifying Cream -
This was alright, nothing special. Didn’t notice any difference in my hair except it seemed to get a bit greasier faster.
Obliphica Intensive Nourishing Hair Mask - This did make my hair feel soft, but it wasn’t anything spectacular. Wouldn’t pay full price for it.

Perfume Samples:
Joie Folle de Joie -
This smelled pretty good. I have another sample of it, but I don’t think I like it well enough to purchase it.

I didn't get around to posting my December empties, so my January list includes those.

Full Size:

Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle - I love this stuff. I like the sweet scent and the way it makes my hair feel soft. It saves the day when I test a new conditioner that ends up being not moisturizing enough.

Giovanni Organic Hair Care Tea Tree Shampoo - I bought this because I was really into the idea of organic haircare at the time, but ended up using this more as a weekly build up treatment because it felt a little too stripping for daily use.

Macadamia Flawless Cleansing Conditioner - This was a new concept to me, but I liked the scent and it was definitely conditioning. I just found it a bit too heavy for daily use.

Nutra Nail Bullet-Proof Strength - Helps prevent my nails from breaking, and I always have one on hand as a backup.

Seaweed Clarifying Toner - I found this refreshing to use in the morning, but didn't really notice a difference in my skin.

Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream - I wish I had gotten the one with SPF, but this was light enough to layer under one. Again, just no benefits seen but it was mattifying without being drying.

Deluxe Size:

Beauty Protector Protect & Shampoo - I wasn't expecting to like this based on reviews, but my hair looked great the day I used this and the conditioner.

Beauty Protector Protect & Condition - ditto.

Beauty Protector Protect & Oil - I like this almost as much as the detangler, but the sample was a bit annoying to use. I'd definitely invest in this line after I make more progress through my hair products.

BigSexyHair Root Pumper - An ipsy item that I diligently used. It left my hair kind of sticky, regardless of how much I used. 

C.O. Bigelow No 4103 Shampoo x2 - I ended up with a bunch of these after a hotel stay, and it works well enough as a clarifying shampoo. I wouldn't use it daily.

C.O.O Bigelow No 4104 Conditioner x2 - I liked this more than I liked the shampoo, but it still wasn't quite enough to wow me.

DDF Acne Control Treatment - A salicylic product, I liked that this wasn't drying. I did seem to notice a positive difference in my skin as well.

DermOrganic Leave-in Treatment - I don't usually end up liking argan oil products, but I did like this.

Eucerin Daily Protection Face Lotion SPF 30 - Just a nice sunscreen to keep in my travel bag. I got a few of these at a work event for that purpose.

EVA NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask - I love the way this smells and leaves my hair feeling. 

Fekkai Advanced Brilliant Glossing shampoo - This was a nice nourishing shampoo. I like this formula much better than the original. Just not big on the scent though.

Lumene Vitamin C+ Pure Radiance Night Cream - I liked this, but I also think it may have been a little excessive for oily skin.I liked the scent.

MD Solar Sciences Mineral Tinted Creme SPF 30 - One of the tiniest samples ever, but I really liked this. It's not too opaque and matched my skin. I had been worried it would make my skin greasy, but it performed as well as others.

Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub - I didn't really like this as a scrub. It worked well at helping to control my oily skin, but it felt almost more like a cream cleanser than a scrub.

Number 4 Lumiere d'hiver Clarifying Shampoo - nice clarifying shampoo. Ends up being fairly odorless.

Origins Checks and Balances foaming face wash - I liked this for the most part, but overall felt like it wasn't doing much deep cleaning. It left my skin feeling a weird kind of squeaky clean.

Paula's Choice Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution - This is a 2$ salicylic acid exfoliant. My skin responded well to is, as with most PC products.

Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Unique Pink - I got this in an ipsy bag, and it was a nice dupe for the Jane Iredale lip stain I love, just not quite as nourishing.

Sephora Express Nail Polish Remover - I ended up buying a bunch of these on clearance once to use for gifts, but didn't end up using them. It works well enough, I do prefer Zoya Remove+.

Whish Shave Cream in Acai Grapefruit - I don't usually use shave cream, but I thought I'd give it a try to see if it helped with winter dryness. It didn't really smell that great, and I didn't notice anything better than results I get from using body wash.

Foils:

Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Total Care Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner x3 - A repeat product that I don't really like to use daily, but these were the last of them. - 

Julep One-Step Polish Remover Pad x2 - good when you're on the go. I tend to keep these in my desk at work for nail removal emergencies.

L'Oreal Advanced Haircare Volume Filler Shampoo and Conditioner - I didn't notice any effects on volume, but it was fine enough to use for a day.

L'Oreal Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm - I've used this before, it's a nice enough substitute for conditioner occasionally.

Number 4 Lumiere d'hiver Reconstructing Masque - I like this mask, but not sure how it would hold up daily.

Oribe Shampoo and Conditioner for Beautiful Color - i've used this before and enjoyed it. This was the last of it.

Trash:

Tarina Tarantino Magic Hour Cream Shadow in Golden Shadow - I liked this, but as all cream eye shadows do, it dried out before I could finish using it.

Yay yay yay! I love empties time! Unfortunately, this end of the month appears to be at a hard time for this community.  I will put my feelings and thoughts under a spoiler at the end of this post if you care.

Juice Beauty Green Apple Age Defy Moisturizer (0.5 oz) This explained for me what people mean when they talk about juice beauty products having a smell.  I didn’t mind it but it was very earthy.  However, this moisturizer made me feel super greasy and uncomfortable so would not repurchase.  It did not break me out though, I just did not like the way it felt sitting on my skin.

Amika Nourishing Hair Mask (0.7 oz) I liked this alright but I didn’t feel like it was life-changing.  Would not purchase. 

Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask (1.7 oz) I love this mask, it really helps control oil and break outs for me.  I have a couple of super mini babies to use up and I want to work through more of my giant mask stash but I think I will consider a full size when I am buying products again.

Camille Beckman Tuscan Honey Glycerine Hand Therapy (0.25 oz) I really liked this.  It was so thick and rich and sunk into the skin really nicely.  Not a strong odor, but what was there was pleasant.  However, I don’t really like hand creams in jars so I will have to do some exploring to figure out what a full size package is like.  Plus, no buying for a while anyway but if I use up all my hand cream this is on my list. 

Julep Bare Face Cleansing Oil (3.5 oz) I love this stuff.  I think this is the second I have gone through and I have another back up.  Will probably be on the look out once that one is running low.  I have tried other oil cleansers and this is by far my favorite.  It smells amazing, it is thin enough to be useful/pleasant, and it takes all my makeup right off.  I won’t buy unless I can find a good deal on it and I don’t mind being patient waiting for that to happen thanks to my hoard o’ face wash. 

Harvey Prince Ageless Exfoliating Shower Gel (0.5 oz) I really liked the way this smelled.  I don’t care for shower gel enough to purchase a full size but I am glad I used the sample, it was a nice little shower treat.  Also, if anyone cares, there is absolutely nothing exfoliating about this shower gel.

Dermorganic Leave in Treatment (0.17 oz) I got this in the free pack the company sends you if you request samples of their products.  I didn’t really know what to expect and tend not to be a big hair oil person but I l.o.v.e.d. this stuff.  I really want to get more once I am off this no-buy (ß recurring theme).  It made my hair feel hydrated and shiny and manageable without any kind of greasiness.  Mild, pleasant odor. 

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant (foil) Nope.  This was too weird for me.  It was a powder that you rub into a paste and then rub on your face.  That is a ton of work for me to go through and it was kind of a mess.  I am trying to streamline my beauty regimen not add chaos to it. 

Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster (foil) This was an oil that seemed to work fine.  I didn’t notice any greasiness and my extra dry patches (cheeks, around nose) felt soothed when I put it on.  Probably wouldn’t bother to purchase because I only get desperately dry skin during the winter months and once I am making purchases again those won’t be for a while. Plus this just didn’t seem all that special. 

SeaRX Anti-Wrinkle Serum (0.17 oz?) This was alright.  I liked it as a light-pre make up moisturizer for the daytime but sometimes found it to not be hydrating enough and my skin would feel tight about an hour after putting it on. 

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (foil) x3 We all know what this feels like because we have all gotten one million samples of it.  I like getting these samples because this is my going out I’m looking hot and made up primer for nighttime.  I don’t want or need a full size of it but one sample works great for one night out and I don’t need to worry about anything going bad. 

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask (foil) This was weird and I didn’t really think it did anything besides make my face sticky which made my hair like my face an extra lot.

Up&Up Cotton Balls (200 count) I really liked these.  No pilling.  I have been using the walgreens brand since finishing these and these were better.  Will repurchase when I need more but not until then (no hoarding weird things for you young lady!). 

Bath and Body Works Three Wick Candle in French Lavender I loved this candle, I burned it before bed.  I really enjoy how soothing lavender is and it had a great throw in a short amount of time (just a quick 15 minutes of burning while I got all ready for bed).  I will repurchase some more lavender candles when they go on sale (probably with spring or summer scents) but no rush to get more until they do.  Goodness knows I have enough candles (which I have been using!!). 

Hairkop Treatment Hair Serum (foil) Still like these hair oils.  Still mad Birchbox sent out so many in mystery packs.  Lots of mixed feelings about these.

Clinique Moisture Surge (foil) I liked this fine as a night time moisturizer but wasn’t amazing enough to make a huge impact based on a foil.  It was probably too thick for a summertime moisturizer and definitely left my face too greasy for a daytime moisturizer.

Hempz Coconut Fusion Energizing Herbal Body Wash (foil) Nope.  I hated the way it smelled.  Never purchasing and giving away any future samples that come my way.  It stupid ruined my nice relaxing shower because it stopped smelling good. I am bitter at this product.

Soap & Gloary Lightly Whipped Body Buttercream (foil) This smelled sweet but good and non-offensive.  It was super moisturizing and soaked in nicely.  I really liked this, but I have to admit I prefer my lotions in a pump or squeeze bottle because I don’t go through them very quickly and it gives me hope they will last longer.  Undecided on if I will/would purchase but luckily I have a few giant things of lotion between me and making that decision.

Ole Henriksen Vitamin C Brightening Serum (foil) I liked this alright.  I don’t think I want to buy something so expensive, but I remember Lumene had one similar to this for much less that I also liked. But that means deciding I want to spend money on a vitamin C serum in my routine which I don’t know if I need.

Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mines (foil) I liked this a fair bit. I find that in general I really like Origins.  I think it might be that addictive scent their products have.  This was soothing and thick, but maybe a little too thick for me.  I wouldn’t purchase a full size but if I found it as a deluxe size sample I would choose it.

NUXE Comforting Cleansing Milk (foil) This was a nice gentle face wash. It took my make up right off without any problems and did not irritate my eyes.  Now if only I did not have roughly a million nice and gentle face washes. 

Origins A Perfect World Moisturizer (0.5 oz) I really liked this. I felt like it made me a little greasy so it might have been better as a night time moisturizer.  I used it in my gym bag so I never had powder or anything to help blot up any oil it created but it certainly kept me from feeling dried out which was what was most important.   I did cut it open to get all the product out (which means I liked it!). 

Gucci Guilty Pour Homme (vial) This was my going out smell.  Everyone would laugh at me for wearing men’s fragrance then smell me and told me I smelled good.  It isn’t an overly classy scent but I prefer smelling a little more unisex when I go out at night.  I am so excited that I found another sample vial of this to use (which will last a long time because I don’t go out that often). 

Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo (25 oz) I liked this just fine.  It didn’t seem to hurt my hair at all. I wouldn’t say no to purchasing in the future if it was on sale and I needed shampoo but I am certainly not going to bother seeking it out. 

Origins Never a Dull Moment Face Wash (4.2 oz) I liked this alright but didn’t love it.  Needs more scrubs and is weirdly thick so I often dropped it in the sink as a big chunk.  It got my face clean and smelled nice and got all my make up off. Would not repurchase but am not sad I had to use it. 

Phyto Intense Hydrating Brilliance Hair Mask (foil) This smelled nice but did not do anything to my hair. Would not purchase. 

Vitabath Pomegranate and Blood Orange Body Wash (2 oz) I liked this alright. I buy these to bump my ulta totals up to $50 if I am close.  But I don’t really like them enough to be spending that on them though and need to start buying more useful things for this purchase.  Will try not to repurchase and remember that I don’t like them that much. This smells super nice.

Number 4 Prep and Protect (1 oz) I really hated the way this smelled but could not get over how great it felt in my hair.  It got rid of tangles and kept my hair soft and seemed to protect it while blow-drying.  I kept this in my gym bag for that purchase and it kept my post-gym shower hair smooth and more manageable. 

Origins Out of Trouble Face Mask (0.24 oz) I liked this.  It was soothing and seemed to calm down some of my inflamed skin.  I would consider purchasing a smaller size, especially if it came with bonus tiny size products. 

The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask (3.85 oz) I loved this and am so sad to see it go.  I have a lotion now from this line and if that works well I will continue to use that, but if not I will repurchase this mask.  It really calms down my skin and helps to clear up any blemishes. 

Philosophy Miracle Worker Overnight Moisturizer (0.4 oz) I didn’t like this very much, did not even bother cutting it open.  It smelled nice but it made my face feel greasy without really sinking in and I think it might have caused some break outs.

Illume Grapefruit Oleander Lavish Hand Cream (xela pack) This smelled fantastic.  If I purchase any more candles from them I am for sure hunting down this scent.  I don’t need more hand cream for roughly ever so not even considering purchasing. 

StriVectin-SD Instant Retexturizing Scrub (3.3 oz) I L.O.V.E.D. this.  I bought it from birchbox at 40% off and am seriously regretting not buying like 5 of these. I want to repurchase this, but would love to find something similar for slightly less.  It’s lasted me a few months so it’s not like I blew through it and it was a total waste of money.  I have got to move through some more face washes before I can think about buying more but I want so badly to buy more of this.  Also you should see the ways in which I mutilated the packaging in order to get the very last little bit. 

Dove Refresh+Care Dry Shampoo (0.5 oz ß full size but it’s aerosol so super light) I really like this but the strong scent was annoying me.  I am currently trying out batiste because I’ve heard great things.  However, I am not in any way against repurchasing this product (when I run out, as a replacement, no hoarding) especially because it’s often on sale at walgreens.  

I will be stepping back from this community, but not the 100 day no buy challenge as a concept.  I have loved all the women participating and supporting each other, but I was very upset last night to see the way that some of these amazing people were being treated.  I know that for me personally @ has helped me and encouraged me.  And I imagine for a lot of other people she had as well.  To lose her as a mod because she felt she wasn't being treated fairly by owners is very upsetting.  I will try to continue to follow as many of you as possible on other social media and hopefully we some day all end up converging again in a different place.  @@jaylilee, I know you for one I will continue to follow through your blog (which I am obsessed with by the way) and @@eastofthesun if you ever get anything going I really hope I am able to find it.   Same goes for @@Kristine Walker who started this whole thing and anyone who has participated, please know I am clicking through all your signatures to try to find the best way to stay in touch.  But obviously this site is about making a profit in the end and I would much rather throw my dollar support through views in the direction of the people I have come to care about rather than the owners who appear to have driven them away.  I fully support anybody who chooses to stay because obviously this group is full of the most awesome members and I am so proud of everybody's success and hope nothing but the best for everyone.

vTi3HfP.gif
January empties!
vTi3HfP.gif

pUEeZaCl.jpg

Biore strips - I know they're bad for me.  I know that they're "sebaceous filaments," not blackheads.  And yet I still use these things occasionally.  Repurchase? To my shame.
Kiehl's Superbly Smoothing Argan Conditioner - I like the scent and effect but I go through it awful quick.  Repurchase? Probably.
Sweet Almond Oil - It took me years to get through this. I think I prefer maracuja oil. Repurchase? No.
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths - Gentle and effective and great, just great. Repurchase? Always.

mWOHfI2l.jpg

Sensodyne fresh mint toothpaste - Weird taste but pretty effective. Repurchase? Possibly.
Virgin Atlantic toothpaste - I've had this for a while.  It was exactly one tooth brushing worth.  Why do I hang onto these things
Protopic - Prescription thing for face things. Repurchase - Yes
Dr Dennis Gross Clinical Concentrate Booster - This tiny bottle was only 1/4 full and the dropper didn't work to actually get the concentrate out.  Purchase? No.
Hanyul White Crysanthemum sunscreen (x2) - These have a lovely smell but it leaves me a little too shiny.  I'm using it on my body instead.  Repurchase?  Maybe.
Living Proof no frizz conditioner - Love this, it's a pity its so pricey.  Repurchase? Already have.
Marge's Miracle Blend massage oil - A blend of black pepper, helichrysum and lavender essential oils in st johns wort oil for pain relief.  I liked this but it took years to use up because it's not often you can commit to being oily for a few hours.  Repurchase?  Maybe.
Alterna Caviar Repair retexturizing protein cream - Really enhanced my waves!  Unfortunately I dont know what to do with my waves.  Repurchase? No.
Urban Decay Anti-Aging primer - Did everything it was supposed to.  I have at least one more of these somewhere.  Purchase? Maybe once I run out.
Aquafresh multi-action + whitening toothpaste - Did you know you're not supposed to use whitening toothpastes everyday?  Nor did I, until my dentist told me it could wear away my enamel.   Repurchase? No.
Skin79 Purple Super BB Cream - The best skintone match so far of the Skin79 BB creams.  I have another sample foil left.  Purchase? Maybe.
Skin79 VIP Gold Collection Super BB Cream - A little too dewy for me.  Purchase? No.

AdeaB5t.jpg

Bumble and Bumble Surf Creme Rinse Conditioner - I don't think this is intense enough for my wild hair.  Purchase?  No.
Jurlique Purely Bright Radiance Serum - Smells like roses and parsnips. I liked the scent and that it wasnt greasy, but alcohol was a bit high on the ingredient list.  Purchase? Maybe.
Cat's Paw - hi!
Tony Moly Floria Brightening Peeling Gel - THE CLUMPS THESE PRODUCTS CREATE ON YOUR FACE ARE NOT SKIN.  They are ingredients in the gel reacting with the oil on your face.  I repeat, THE CLUMPS ARE NOT SKIN.  Purchase? Maybe.
Lioele Intensive Time Reversing Snail Cream - I love me some snail cream, but I think I'll stick with Mizon.  Purchase? Probably not.
Skinfood Black Pomegranate Emulsion - I think this was the skin tightening one.  If so, I have a bottle stashed somewhere for after I use up my current emulsion and I'll pass judgement then.  Purchase? TBD.
Hanyul White Crystanthemum Sunscreen - again.
Avaha Dead Sea Osmoter Serum - Pilled.  Smelled gross.  Purchase? No.
Philosophy Miracle Worker Overnight - Pilled.  Did nothing.  Purchase? No.

iGQnW8Ol.jpg

AC Clinic Intense Mask Sheet - Nice enough, toned down some of my oil.  Repurchase? Maybe.
Tatcha Luminous mask - A thin hydrogel.  I liked this but it wasn't great enough to justify the high price.  Also the tingly feeling the packaging bragged about was probably irritation. Repurchase? No.
Holika Holika Prime Youth Snail mask - This hydrogel was all crumbly and slid off my face.  There wasn't much essence in the package and the eye holes were tiny.  Reurchase? No. 
Etude House Collagen sheet mask - I liked this, but collagen as a surface treatment cannot penetrate your skin to have any effect so it's mostly just marketing buzzwords.  Repurchase?  Maybe.
Skin Note Collagen and Royal Jelly Lifting UP! hydrogel mask - I think hydrogel masks just aren't for me, they generally don't fit very well when compared with sheet masks.  Repurchase? Probably not.

vlm0cAzl.jpg

Etude house collagen moistfull sheet mask - See earlier collagen comment.  Repurchase? Maybe.
Bio Jelly Coconut Gel mask in Firming - This was OK.  Repurchase? Probably not.
Darling Snail hydrogel mask - Also ok.  Repurchase? Probably not.
Holika Holika Premium EGF hydrogel mask - Another that was OK.  Repurchase?  Probably not.
Bio Jelly Coconut Gel mask in Moisture - I've quit buying hydrogel masks, they're usually just "ok" and they cost more than the regular sheet masks I buy.  Repurchase? Probably not.

Not Pictured:
Verso Super Facial Serum -  Wow, this stuff is thick.  It also burned a little.  The 'interesting' foil design meant I had to use it all at once so I have no idea if it did any good.  Purchase? No, but I might sample again if I can get multiple days worth.
My respect for the owners of this site. Jeesh.  Repurchase?  They're not making it any more.

@@goldendarter - The Tom's of Maine deodorant is situational at best. I had to stop using it after a week because the zinc whatever in it has been known to cause people to break out with a nasty rash. I was fine the first few days, then bam, nasty pain and redness.  I'm still looking for a good natural deodorant myself, don't let this dissuade you from deodorants in general.
Good to know that might have been it. I've been wanting to try the LaVanilla deodorants as well, but this made me put that on the back burner. Maybe I'll pick a few up when sephora does their sale in April.

I used 3 sheetmasks from a box of 10. Do I count them or wait until the box is empty?
Personally I count them as individual items, but it's all up to you!

Lush Brightside Bubble Bar - This stuff smells sooooo good, but Lush bubble bars really don’t impress me which is a total bummer. I LOVE their bath bombs, but the bubble bars don’t live up to the hype. When I do get a good amount of bubbles, they are almost all pretty much gone within 10-15 mins. I take a loooong bath (like 2 hours long and sometimes I add more hot water in and stay in longer because I looooove bathes!) so I’m not expecting the bubbles to last the whole time, but 10 or 15 mins!? That’s just ridiculous. And they don’t do anything else special to justify the price (don’t make my skin soft, scent doesn’t linger on me, etc.). So I will just stick with the bath bombs from them.
Me too! Do you have a favorite long lasting bubble bath? All the ones I have tried seem to fizzle out pretty quickly :/

Camille Beckman Tuscan Honey Glycerine Hand Therapy (0.25 oz) I really liked this.  It was so thick and rich and sunk into the skin really nicely.  Not a strong odor, but what was there was pleasant.  However, I don’t really like hand creams in jars so I will have to do some exploring to figure out what a full size package is like.  Plus, no buying for a while anyway but if I use up all my hand cream this is on my list. 
I have a ton of their hand lotions! You can buy them in pots, but you can also get tubes. Here's a link to the site: https://camillebeckman.com/fragrance/tuscan-honey

January Empties: 

Full Size

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter - Love the scent, but wasn't moisturizing enough 

SSI Banana Brûlée Deep Conditioner - Love but will try something new

SSI Coconut Sorbet - will eventually repurchase

SSI Coco Creme Leave In - will eventually repurchase

VS Deep Berry Fragrance Mist - One of my favorite scents, too bad it was limited edition 

Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub (Almond & Honey) - HG scrub 

Origins Ginzing moisturizer - favorite at the moment 

Clarins Gentle Foaming cleanser - basic cleanser, would not repurchase 

BBW Creamy Body Wash (Moonlight Path) - loved but sadly discontinued 

Maybelline Baby Lip (Peach Kiss)

Deluxe

Pacifica Guava body butter - will repurchase to use as hand cream

Figs & Rouge hand cream - ok 

Kat Von D Makeup Remover Wipes - too soapy for my liking 

Perfume Samples

Viva La Juicy La Fleur

Calvin Klein Euphoria 

Lancome La Vie Est Belle 

Ok I haven't posted in a bit but I have some good used up products on my list today. FINISHED A LITER!!! Wohooooo!!

• AG Hair Cosmetics Color Care Color Savour Conditioner 1 L - I bought this during Beauty Brands liter sale. It retails over $45 but I think I got it for under $10. My hair dresser has been telling me my hair feels great but I honestly think there are better conditioners out there and I did not like that this conditioner was not as moisturizing as I would like. Did save my color though. Moved on to Macadamia products for a change. We shall see. 
  • Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar Body Wash 8 fl oz- I love Pacifica products and this one lathered well but the smell was not really coconut-y. I was disappointed in that but will likely repurchase in another scent since I love Pacifica products for the most part. 
  • CVS Regular Polish Remover 10 fl oz - I go thru a lot of nail polish remover in an effort to get thru my dozens of polishes. I don't think I see a difference in high end polish removers vs these drugstore brands which are like $1.99 so I will keep buying these. I also enjoy the oily nail polish remover pads that are out now and use those occasionally. 
  • Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Latte & Marshmallow Body Lotion 8 fl oz - I absolutely loved this scent. I don't really love B&BW lotions because I find that they are not very moisturizing so I only buy them when it is a scent I absolutely love. I went back to buy more of this scent but they had sold out and I am very much hoping they bring it back this fall. Smells sweet and pumpkin is subtle and also blends well with my sweet perfumes like Prada Candy. 
  • Ulta Bronze Glow Tinted Sunless Spray 6 fl oz - Light to Medium. I try to keep up with my faux tan during the winter. It makes me feel good when my legs or arms are showing and they are not pasty white. This is a great sunless tanner because the spray sprays a wide surface and makes it easy to get your upper back and shoulders without needing assistance. The smell is very subtle and the color payout is very natural and excellent after just one use. I have repurchased in the Medium to Dark shade to start prepping for summer. 
  • Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat 8 ml full size - I have used up at least 3 of these top coats. It is my go-to top coat. It does cause some shrinkage but I find that if you wait about 5 minutes after your last color coat before applying the top coat, the shrinkage is minimal. This top coat gives a great shiny gloss and really does dry very fast. I use it less than one hour before going to bed and have no problem with my manicure drying or getting wrinkles in the sheets overnight. I have already repurchased. 
  • Kinerase Extreme Lift Face with Kinetin 2 ml foil packet - I think this is a face cream based on the  directions. It states it is "a temporary alternative to physician administered treatments". Not sure what that means. I liked it ok but did not see too much of a difference with three uses. It is a gel consistency which I do not like as much as cream moisturizers. Not sure I will repurchase. 
  • RestoreSea Rejuvenating Day Cream with Vibransea Complex foil packet - I liked this face cream. The scent was mild and it mixed well with my makeup routine. Nothing major to say with just a foil packet sample. 
  • GrandCentral Beauty S.M.A.R.T. Skin Perfecting Polisher 6 ml - I got this in a Birchbox. It seems to be a face scrub but I did not feel much of a scrub in it at all. The consistency is of a gel and it is clear and a little lumpy. Smell is horrible. Kinda acidic smell. I don't think it did much to my face at all. I had to follow it up with a face wash because in and of itself it does not remove makeup or lather. I have another sample of it and will probably give it away if I find it. Will not repurchase. 
  • SeaRx AntiWrinkle Creme deluxe sample - I received this from Birchbox. I did not like the scent or consistency of this face cream. It was a little lumpy and not very moisturizing. I will not be repurchasing. 
  • Minus 417 Hand Cream 3.4 oz - I got this in a GWP from Beauty.com. I really loved it for the office. It really moisturized my hands but did not give me a super greasy feel so I found it easy to keep touching papers and typing without leaving greasy prints everywhere. The smell was very pleasant and mild. May repurchase once I get thru so many of my hand cream samples. 
  • Kiehls Cucumber Alcohol Free Toner 16.9 fl oz. - I love this toner and have been using it for years. The scent is lovely and it is alcohol free so it is less drying than alcohol toners. I use it in the morning to remove any last bit of makeup that may have been left and to freshen my face if I don't want to wash my face. I also use it after showering and washing my face before applying my moisturizer/serum routine. I have repurchased this in the 8.4 fl oz size so that I can travel with it a bit more easily. 
  • Kiehls Rosa Artica Youth Regenerating Cream 2.5 fl. oz. - I absolutely loved this face cream. The smell is devine. The results are actually noticeable after a few weeks. I saw less redness, discoloration and a more plump appearance. I have a deluxe sample size I am currently using but will repurchase this in the future in a full size. 
  • Kiehls Ultra Moisturizing Face Cream with Scrub Particles full size - This product has been discontinued. I started using it over 10 years ago and loved it then but found so many new face scrubs that work better over the past few years and this one got pushed to the background. I found it left a residue on my face and the scrub particles were not very fine or effective. It is funny how your "tried and true" products of 10 years ago change as you troubleshoot your beauty regimen. 
NOTE: Don't forget to take your empties to Origins. They accept ANY beauty or skin care empties as part of their recycling program and will give you Origins deluxe samples to try in exchange. 

Kiehls also has a recycling program. Bring in 10 empty Kiehl's full size bottles and receive a travel size item free. They give you a stamp card to keep track of each of the empty bottles you bring in. 

How is everyone else doing with their empties this month? 

Ok ladies I haven't posted my empties in a bit so here it goes:

• Eva NYC Soften Up Conditioner 500 ml - I purchased this online from their website during a black friday sale that was supposedly 70% off but the price came down to the price that it is sold for at Ulta so I am upset about this misleading markup and marketing. The conditioner did make my hair softer but nothing special I couldn't find elsewhere.
  • Eva NYC Clean It Up Shampoo 500 ml - Same as above as far as the outrageous mark up online. I do like the pink color and scent though. Won't repurchase based on principle.
  • Pantene Pro-V Anti-Breakage Shampoo 12.6 fl oz - It took me years to finish this bottle. I mostly used it when I shampoo'd twice if my hair was very dirty with product. I would use this shampoo as the first rinse and follow it with a Keratin shampoo. I may repurchase if on sale. 
  • Eslor Firming Collagen Day Cream 10 ml - I received this in a Birchbox but it was a very deluxe sized sample and lasted quite some time. I actually saw great results. Skin was firmer and very clear after 2-3 weeks of use. The only thing I did not like was the scent. It was "old lady" smelling if that makes sense. Hope that is not offensive. I have another sample of this so if I continue seeing great results I may repurchase. 
  • Go Smile Teeth Whitening Gel 0.5 oz - I got this from Beauty.com. You add a little to your toothpaste and use it in combination to brush your teeth. I use it to maintain my teeth white. I don't see the getting more yellow so it may be working. Probably won't repurchase though since there are so many other whitening products out there that are a bit more affordable. 
  • CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion 1 fl oz - I recently had a skin irritation that required a visit to my dermatologist. She recommended this lotion and gave me a sample. It is completely unscented and very mild. I enjoyed it and it worked very well to calm my sensitive skin. I repurchased it at CVS. The full size runs around $15. 
  • Marc Jacobs mini lipgloss - unsure of the color but it was a neutral. The container was very sleek and cute but the dispenser make it difficult to get product out. The full size is quite pricey so I don't think I will repurchase. 
  • OPI Expert Touch Lacquer Remover 30 ml - I got this as a sample in an OPI nail polish set but would not purchase since I don't really see any difference compared to drug store brand nail polish removers that are a fraction of the price. 
  • Malin + Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser 1 fl oz - I received this in a trade and was excited to try it because I love this brand. The cleanser itself was great and very effective but I did not smell much of a grapefruit scent and not sure it would be worth the price compared to other cleansers. 
  • Albertini Warm Love Pumpkin Exfoliating Face Mask 0.5 fl oz - I got this in an Ipsy bag. This mask is a bit oily with little granules in it. The surprise is that when you put it on your face it warms up. Feels fun! It is very moisturizing and when you wash it off the granules provide exfoliation. The smell is devine and I am seriously considering purchasing this once I run out of my current masks. 
  • Caviar Anti-Aging 3 minute Shine Boost 10 ml packet - I got this in a GWP. You apply it after conditioner and rinse after three minutes. I have a lot of hair so I would need like 5 of these packets for one use. I used it but did not notice a difference in shine or conditioning. 
  • Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes 30 pack - I love Yes To products but their face wipes are not very effective. They are very thin and the wet product is not effective at taking make up off. 
  • Origins Plantscription SPF 25 Anti-Aging cream foil packet - I love Origins. This is a great face cream and I have the full size. I will likely repurchase this face cream many times. They have the night version as well. 
  • WHEN Travelmate Sheet Face Mask - I love sheet masks. This one was for moisturizing dry skin. It felt great and felt very refreshing. I may repurchase. 
  • Bath and Body Works Banana Nut Bread 3-wick candle. I loved this candle. The smell is perfect for Fall/Winter. Yummmmm! Will repurchase next year.
  • Bath and Body Works Red Velvet Cupcake 6 oz candle - I burned this for February as a Valentines-ish candle. Super yummmm!

February/March Empties: 

Full Size:

Satin Care Shaving Cream

Body Shop Vitamin E Body Butter

Shiseido Facial Cotton

Chi Keratin Mist

(2) BBW Foaming Hand Soap - Garden Strawberries & Tuscan Melon 

Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Hair Mask

BBW Body Lotion - Dark Kiss

Laura Geller Spackle - Bronze

Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Shampoo

Clinique Bottom Lash

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips eyeliner - brown 

Deluxe:

Nourish Organic Face Cleanser

Sky Iceland Cleansing Cloths

CVS Cleansing Towelettes

BBW Body Lotion - Pink Chiffon

Bain de Terre Macadamia Oil conditioner

Glam Glow Supermud

Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation 

Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Gel 

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint

Sample/Foil:

Elizabeth & James Nirvana White 

After I got all my samples all organized I've been starting to use them more systematically now.

Here is what I used up over the weekend:

Sample/Foils:

Fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask - really liked this one, can't really say that it made my skin firmer but I liked the sample. It was enough for couple of nights.

Skin79 VIP Gold BB

Skin79 Hot Pink BB

I really liked both for the skin79 BB creams. I had to be most of the day in the sun on Sunday and my skin was totally protected. I didn't get burned and no breakouts or irritations either. The shade is kind of weird coming out of the foil (looks kind of greys neutral) but blends nicely with my skin tone

edited to add (oops I forgot to add this):

Phyto Phytojojoba shampoo (wow, this really made the color in my hair come out brighter and made my hair shiny too, might have to consider buying the full size)

Back