The Posh Pod discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having spent time with MyGlam I know that companies can't make thousands of high end samples to give away to customers even if the buyer is paying for the samples. It's just not possible to manufacture that many samples, this is why you don't seem more makeup samples in beauty boxes. Three things that stuck me odd about this company, but again this is just my opinion, are that's (1) they're playing the sympathy card (the owner had cancer), (2) you're paying for a membership not the products (think "country club" - their words) and (3) the types of samples they're sending out really reminds me of a cross between GGG and Makeup Monthly (which for $30 also sends out high end items BUT the items are old/discontinued products). I don't know but for some reason I'm really off put by this company and will not be joining. At $30 a month I rather just go buy stuff at Ulta or Sephora and get free samples from them.

I just can't get past how they present themselves on their webpage. It's kind of the OPPOSITE of "posh".

Kinda makes me think of the gals I know who run around proudly sporting counterfeit bags that they paid legit prices for.

I did a search on google and found their compay page. http://www.manta.com/c/mx76zkm/the-posh-pod According to this website they only have 5-9 employees which I find a bit odd. I also didn't like how they responded to Zadi's post because 1. The obvious grammatical errors 2. They didn't respond directly and went on about their products and membership.  

As the saying goes if something seems too good to be true it probably is! I'm eager to see how everything pans out.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Having spent time with MyGlam I know that companies can't make thousands of high end samples to give away to customers even if the buyer is paying for the samples. It's just not possible to manufacture that many samples, this is why you don't seem more makeup samples in beauty boxes. Three things that stuck me odd about this company, but again this is just my opinion, are that's (1) they're playing the sympathy card (the owner had cancer), (2) you're paying for a membership not the products (think "country club" - their words) and (3) the types of samples they're sending out really reminds me of a cross between GGG and Makeup Monthly (which for $30 also sends out high end items BUT the items are old/discontinued products). I don't know but for some reason I'm really off put by this company and will not be joining. At $30 a month I rather just go buy stuff at Ulta or Sephora and get free samples from them.

The cancer thing was a GIANT red flag to me too...seems strange. 

I don't really see the correlation between high end beauty samples and pampering for Cancer patients. I know a couple of women who are cancer survivors and many of them were advised to use natural/ organic beauty products and stay away from things with harsh chemical additives. Very rarely does high end beauty go hand in hand with natural and organic.

Yeah, that is really, really weird. A friend's mom had cancer, and she switched to all natural/organic everything when it came to beauty. I honestly don't remember much, if any at all, being high end since a lot of high end stuff is loaded with chemicals. So much about this company is weird. My gut says stay away. 

Originally Posted by TacomaGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't really see the correlation between high end beauty samples and pampering for Cancer patients. I know a couple of women who are cancer survivors and many of them were advised to use natural/ organic beauty products and stay away from things with harsh chemical additives. Very rarely does high end beauty go hand in hand with natural and organic.

These Chanel make ups are knock offs made from Singapore/China/HK.

I used to live in the Philippines and they sell these stuff online.

I once bought a Chanel knock off and it was ehhhh, okay, but heck.. it was like $4.50 or something.

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I once bought a Chanel knock off and it was ehhhh, okay, but heck.. it was like $4.50 or something.
VERY VERY SHADY. I would not give these people any money. :

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone notice the applicators in the shadow palettes are not the same as in legit Chanel palettes? The ones in real Chanel palettes actually have the Chanel logo embossed on the plastic handles. The applicators in the palettes shown are double ended which Chanel does not do. Least not in any of the palettes I've seen on Macy's or their own website.

This doesn't sit well with me and reading everyone's posts just confirmed it. I'm backing out of this one because it seems too shady! I had the same thoughts as Tacoma Girl regarding cancer patients. I emailed them today about their cancellation/refund policy. It's not too late to request and receive a full refund since you haven't received your pod yet.  

I went ahead and canceled my payment on PayPal, and emailed her to ask for a refund. I understand if she can't refund this one, and I'm fine with that, but I want to cancel until we get this knockoff crap sorted out.

I also cancelled my PayPal payment. The Chanel knockoff photo was definitely a deal breaker. No thank you.

Thank you everyone posting here.

Yeah, ditto. Knockoffs just piss me off. I really wouldn't mind if they were sample sizes from Chanel or NARS -- like if she worked at a department store and had access to tons of samples that she could send out. If they're legitimately from the company, that's good enough for me. But knockoffs? Absolutely not. That's total crap to do to a company, and if it is discovered that she is distributing counterfeit goods, that's a crime.

I'll see what happens with this box, but I'd much rather save the money and buy a full-size moisturizer straight from Chanel.

I received a refund and they cancelled my subscription through paypal right away! When I emailed them about their cancellation and refund policy this is part of Silver's reply though I find it hard to believe.

Here is what we do guarantee:
  • Each member will receive the advertised amount of (10-15) luxury samples.
  • Each member will receive quality products that are brand new & sealed for protection
  • Each member will receive AUTHENTIC products (The Posh Pod has a strict NON-Counterfeit Policy & is an advocate in the international class action suit against counterfeit designer products)
  • Each member will receive a variety of high-end products
  • Each member will receive enough product in each sample item to try the product for a reasonable amount of time vs. a one time use sample. The items that do not come in full size will either be in deluxe size samples or there will be more then one to allow for optimum trial periods.
  • No items that are entering into an expiration date or have expired will ever be sent in your Pod
  • When sending beauty tools or accessories each member will receive the correct size or option when available

I've contacted Chanel to ask if the palettes are old palettes, new palettes or counterfits. Hope they reply within 48 hours.

I am taking one for the team and will be doing ONE month to see what it's all about.

I just got my beauty profile email too. Headed out the door but I will take screen shots of the questions and post them when I do the survey.

I emailed silver about the pictures on Facebook. Here is what I said: Hey Silver.  After checking out your Facebook pictures I am a little uneasy about this as most of the pictures you have posted are of fakes. It's extremely illegal to even have fakes and I am not interested in knocks offs thinking I won't know the difference.  How can you assure me that myself or anyone else won't be receiving any counterfeit items? If this is what you plan on sending I would like a refund as I have no interest in being a part of that.  Thanks  Here is her reply: Good Evening Vanessa, We have implemented on our site a new section that is called Q&A, this has also been added to our Facebook page for weekly updates.  Here is the link:Questions & Answers  If you feel after reading this that your would like to cancel, there is never a problem simply email us and let us know.  Since you have not yet received your Pod you will also receive a refund for your first month's fee's. Regarding counterfeit items: Posh Pod has a strict non-counterfeit policy period! It is not only illegal but a good way to lose an entire customer base & investors. Stock pictures that are sent to us prior to shipped merchandise can be used to avoid copyright issues meaning that often names/brands are removed to avoid someone taking them and using them to sell counterfeit items.  In addition, it is not difficult to find out if an item is authentic or not, if you do not have the product to compare yourself simply walk it into any cosmetic counter to check authenticity. We absolutely do not want anyone to be unhappy with our membership.  This is a passion for us.  We are happy to cancel your membership and refund you should you feel uneasy about your membership.  This is not the purpose for our service. Regards, Gina

No need to even read that email when they reply, lol. Those are DEFINITELY fake. I own vintage, discontinued, and current Chanel, and none of it looks like that foolishness. The palettes are well known to be fakes, there are tons on eBay. Chanel lipsticks are not shaped like that, and the caps are also wrong. The packaging on the powders is raised where it should be depressed, and the corners are too round. Even the logos on the boxes are inconsistent. The only thing that looks real is the little lipstick sample in the bottom left corner.

I wish these counterfeiters would try harder. I mean, really. When has Chanel ever released an eyeshadow palette that could be mistaken for a Claire's palette? It's like saying, "these products don't look authentic at all, but that's okay because you're too dumb to tell the difference." It's egregiously insulting and just...gross.

This "company" sucks balls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've contacted Chanel to ask if the palettes are old palettes, new palettes or counterfits. Hope they reply within 48 hours.

Back