The Posh Pod discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It is irresponsible of MAC if they're not out there protecting their name more--esp when so many of the counterfeit products sold as MAC are unsafe to use. But I'm just happy that one of these companies says they're looking into it.
Yes, it is irresponsible of MAC. I've never understood the hype of their appeal, not when so many other companies offer more for less with the same high pigment and desirable shades. Almost every MAC has a dupe in another line.,. and while MAC is not expensive, why take the chance on getting a counterfeit? Counterfeit products can even show up in high end stores if fraud/ theft occurs in any step of the distribution process.

One reason MAC items ARE counterfeited so often is because the company doesn't have an active anti-fraud division. Chanel does have,and  so do some other brands not mentioned in this thread.

I will never use or buy MAC because of their lack of anti- fraud consumer protection.

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was there a June pod?
I don't know...just looked at their Facebook page, and it looks pretty darn dead. Haven't posted anything in over a month.

Yes, it is irresponsible of MAC. I've never understood the hype of their appeal, not when so many other companies offer more for less with the same high pigment and desirable shades. Almost every MAC has a dupe in another line.,. and while MAC is not expensive, why take the chance on getting a counterfeit? Counterfeit products can even show up in high end stores if fraud/ theft occurs in any step of the distribution process. One reason MAC items ARE counterfeited so often is because the company doesn't have an active anti-fraud division. Chanel does have,and  so do some other brands not mentioned in this thread. I will never use or buy MAC because of their lack of anti- fraud consumer protection.  
MAC is pretty expensive to me... If I can find a potentially good deal online then I take it, and I assume that's how some others think of it as well.

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

MAC is pretty expensive to me... If I can find a potentially good deal online then I take it, and I assume that's how some others think of it as well.
Do you consider the counterfeiting problems with MAC ( and a few other lines, but especially MAC for a while) or do you buy and take your chances? I don't have any counterfeit MAC, just wondering how prevalent the brand is over possible criminal elements and poor quality.

Do you consider the counterfeiting problems with MAC ( and a few other lines, but especially MAC for a while) or do you buy and take your chances? I don't have any counterfeit MAC, just wondering how prevalent the brand is over possible criminal elements and poor quality.
I do consider it now, but when I was first getting into better brands of makeup I didn't even know people made counterfeits of it. I would go crazy on Ebay thinking I was getting such a great deal then realize I was being jipped, then I joined this forum and learned more about it. I found out the â€MAC†and â€EcoTools†brushes I got for a steal were very much fake. I tossed most of the â€MAC†brushes but kept a few decent ones as backups and the â€EcoTools†brushes wete also ok for backups if one of my main ones broke. I'm thankful to have not purchased any fake MAC makeup but I did receive a fake eye liner from elizabethhaze. I had never used a MAC liner before and just thought the pencil was extremely tough, too tough for my eye, it actually didn't leave any color behind on my skin. Later I learned it was fake and now use it as a colored pencil :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I didn't realize that there were fakes out there either.  I was looking for new makeup brushes and I ended up ordering a big set of "MAC" makeup brushes off of ebay for really cheap.  I was bragging about my super cheap purchase and I was told that they were probably fake.  I did a bit of research and had my eyes opened to the whole world of fake cosmetics.  I was completely unaware that makeup was being counterfeited and I probably would have continued to buy off of ebay had I not found out about it.  Thankfully, the only thing I ever purchased was the makeup brushes. 

Thank you both for your answers about your purchases.

I became aware of the counterfeit MAC because of eBay.. I bought another brand and the seller " gave" me a MAC lip glass lip gloss.

I knew it was fake as soon as I looked at the product on the applicator and smelled it.
As a result, I will never buy a cosmetic item on eBay again. What I paid for was a Urban Decay Book Of Shadows that I had missed and that was sold out.

I am sure it is authentic. UD would be almost impossible to counterfeit with the art work and the extremely vibrant shades in the BOS especially.

I think there are fakes in UD's The Nakeds and The Nakeds 2 because ANYONE can fake a brown eye shadow...

I go to Sephora or UD for my UD, and to the cosmetic counter for my Nars, Dior and Chanel. You really do end up getting exactly what you paid for, I think. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Still have not received a refund for my the charge to my account.  I keep getting a canned message from PoshPod saying that they will get back with me soon.  I am getting really angry over a $30 charge to my account.  I know that is bad of me but I don't want these people having my money. 

Contact your bank or Paypal ASAP to dispute the charge. While at IMATS I was able to speak to one of their reps and passed Posh Pod's info to them along with a few other companies whose counterfeit products she has sent out. Word gets around fast especially at trade show where many of the owners or well placed reps are located at.

I love our crusading MUTs!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Contact your bank or Paypal ASAP to dispute the charge. While at IMATS I was able to speak to one of their reps and passed Posh Pod's info to them along with a few other companies whose counterfeit products she has sent out. Word gets around fast especially at trade show where many of the owners or well placed reps are located at.

Looks like The Posh Pod is out of business. Their website now redirects to Wix.com (a free site that does flash website hosting). No updates on their Facebook since April. Hope no one paid for an annual account.

Back