The Project Pan Thread for Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't posted here in forever! Thought I'd revive this thread unless we are all talking on another one. Here's my current PP (I timed it for September to November):

- Maybelline color whisper in "Mocha Muse"

- Hourglass gloss in "Child" (deluxe sample)

- Cargo Swimmables liner in "Pfeiffer Beach"

- Hard Candy Lite Brite concealer (use as an eye base I hate how this looks over makeup as a highlighter)

- Tarte BB Cream (finished)

- Essence Cosmetics powder blush in "Adorable", THE FIRST BLUSH I'VE EVER HIT PAN ON

:wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

Hi guys! I've been MIA for a looong time but I've been popping in lately and figured I'd post the latest progress on panning my Unzipped palette. I haven't used it nearly as much as I was but I do still use it and have made some more progress.

image.jpg

It is been such a long time since an update. 

I don't stop myself from purchasing but I often think about how much stuff I have and that is often enough to deter me from getting that limited edition this or oh so popular that. 

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

My first post on this project pan attached:

Mind me with all the Avon products, I used to be a rep and now I have a lot of products left over.

Done: Avon nail experts green tea cuticle serum. This took such a long time for a teensy bottle.
Done: Avon naturals orange blossom & verbena juicy moisture shower gel. This scent is amazing! The vanilla one I'm currently using doesn't compare   :(
Done: Dove refresh+care invigorating dry shampoo. I bought this to replace my batiste one when I finished it. It's not as great, I'm definitely going back. But after the Herbal Essences naked one I bought together with this one. I'm not fond of that smell, but at least no parabens. :/

I have a lot of items I plan to finish up. These ones I have started from back then, I'll add more as I empty more out. I allow myself to use other products as well, but I am on a no-buy/low-buy since I have ipsy/lipmonthly bags coming in, and only if I run out of that product will I buy a new one (with exceptions.   ;) )

See By Chloe perfume sample
Avon Concealer stick in light
Elf mineral moisturizing lip tint in blush
Avon extra lasting liquid foundation in light beige
Elizabeth Arden Lip Liner 553
Avon Magix essential face mattifier
Avon Solutions a.m. Total Radiance day lotion
Elf quad in ethereal
I may have forgotten some others.

I find it easier to focus on a few products first and then switch things up as the time goes by.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't use makeup on a regular basis. It is even less common that I have been busy at school and ill for over a month. These are the items I have been using when I wear makeup. 

I have repressed the shadows that I have seen pan on, so it would be easier to pick up product. 

I have not been using the elf mineral moisturizing lip tint in blush much since the light pink doesn't suit my skin tone. 

I have had very chapped lips due to illness lately and I have brought out that mini fresh sugar lip balm I got for my sephora birthday present like 3 years ago. It is just a mini and I have been using it from the start of March. I could see the progress of this throughout the time I've been using it. It is so much better than the other lip balms I've been using, but I could not see myself buying one because of the price. 

I have been using the Avon concealer stick in light as a contouring foundation since it has been on the lighter side and my foundation/BB cream as the darker color. I have dug deep inside the container with a toothpick and it has about one use left. 

I have tried to use the Avon solutions a.m. total radiance day lotion each day in the morning that I leave the house. I have been ill for a month, so that is much less progress than expected. I have been using my foundation very seldomly since I opt for BB cream or concealer as foundation.

My hand cream is down to its last leg, I would predict that it will be gone in the next update.

I have been using the Natural Mascara from I don't remember which brand since it rubbed off. I can't tell how much is left. 

Since I have finished the Avon magix essential face mattifier, I have swapped in the Avon magix face perfector. There is a ton of product left. 

I haven't been using my Avon glimmerstick in blackest black as much since I prefer using the L'oreal Carbon Black liquid eyeliner more. 

I have not been using the elf gloss in baby lips much since I have been testing out colors from my IPSY/Lipmonthly bags. I am liking the NYX butter lipstick in Pops.

Update to the above products. 

See By Chloe perfume sample                                               I might have used it once. It is lost in my room atm. (MISSING)
Avon Concealer stick in light                                                   This is done and I dug it out til the very end. (COMPLETED)
Elf mineral moisturizing lip tint in blush                                 I haven't been using it and missing. (MISSING)
Avon extra lasting liquid foundation in light beige              I may have used this a few time. It bugs me to always have to wash my beauty blenders.

Elizabeth Arden Lip Liner 553                                            Lost in my room. (MISSING)
Avon Magix essential face mattifier                                       (COMPLETED)
Avon Solutions a.m. Total Radiance day lotion                   It is too cold to apply lotion in the morning.
Elf quad in ethereal                                                                   Had gotten a Naked 3 palette. Had been using that instead. 
 mini fresh sugar lip balm                                                         Dug out to the last bit. (COMPLETED)

True Blue Hand Cream                                                            Cut the container and used the rest of it. (COMPLETED)

Natural Mascara (L'Oreal??)                                                  Too lazy to use mascara. But using this when I do.

Avon Magix Face Perfector                                                     Have been mixing this with the foundation when used. Same with beauty blenders as above.

Avon glimmerstick in blackest black                                      I like liquid eyeliner better.

L'Oreal Carbon Black liquid eyeliner                                     Testing out other eyeliners. 

Elf gloss in Baby Lips                                                               Lost in my room. I don't recall finishing it yet? (MISSING)

I rarely have the time for makeup. And when I do use makeup it is for a special occasion. So I often reach for products I know won't fail me. 

Most days, I have lip balm and hand cream in my bag. 

On a good day, I'll have eyeliner. 

I use Batiste Dry Shampoo on a Regular Basis. I have finished one of the Tropical and one of the Original and now I am on the Blush one. I have 4-5 backups in different scents.

EOS Summer Fruit                                      I have had this one for the longest. I have most of their other scents as well. I also have a lot of the Baby Lips lip balms too. I decided to start with this one, since it has the biggest amount of use and this scent I don't mind. 

lipbalm.png

Figs and Rouge Mango Mandarin               I have way too many hand creams and body lotions. The bath and body works smaller body lotions I take with me as a hand cream since I find it too cold to use body lotion. This one I got from an Ipsy bag like a year ago. I should use it up. It is a small amount, so it should be easy enough to finish. I recently received a hand cream as a gift, so I would like to use that one on and off with this. 

Hand Cream.png

I have recently been trying to get a hang of using false eyelashes. I like to cut the natural ones in half and use them as demi lashes. (outer corner) I've used it maybe 3 times (in possibly 4-5 months). I have many many boxes of 10 I ordered from China. 

I think I'm going to find a stick concealer in my stash to bring with me, since I have a number of flaws that I would like to hide when I need to be looking decent. My boyfriend knows a lot of people and we often bump into them and I feel embarrassed when I know that I am looking very unattractive. 

I am in a rush all the time in the morning and don't apply anything before leaving the house. 

Wow, nobody has posted in this thread in a long time!  I've actually been working on my own project pan for some months now, but I'd like to post here for support and to record my progress.  Here's my list (I chose my oldest products, will do the same from now on) and my goal is to finish all.

1) Mini Too Faced lash injection - just about done, should finish soon..

2) Awake aqua trans powder- 1/2 done.

3) Generic drugstore makeup kit blush- 2/3 done.

4) Sally Hansen clear lip moisturizer - came with a nail polish. 3/4 done.

5) Generic drugstore makeup kit eye shimmer- 2/3 done

6) Crayon (Japanese "dollar" store brand) roll on pink eyeshadow: 1/2 done.

7) Generic makeup kit concealer: 1/2 done

8) Calgon Morning Glory lotion: 1/2 done

9) Crayon nail polish remover: 90% done

10) Avon marshmallow lip balm- 1/2 done.

Let's see how things go, I'll take pictures with the next round I choose to finish ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So here is what I finished off the list!

1) Generic drugstore makeup kit blush (Ok combined that and one more broken blush into a new color.. but still! Threw away some packaging and saving space)

2) Crayon nail polish remover: 

Will be back to update my full list :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Back