The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, so this might seem like a film for girls in their teens (I guess it is) but I really enjoyed this movie and I recommend it. The movie is about 4 girls who are best friends since childhood and they have to spend the summer apart. They are from different backgrounds and each are unique in their own way. I wanted to see something fun and laid back and since I really like two of the actresses in the movie (Alexis Bledel & America Ferrera) and I heard good reviews, I thought I would catch the matinee. To me, this movie just touched on the importance of opening yourself to others and the value of friendship. There were even some parts where I teared up.

Anyone else see it?

alexis_bledel2.jpg

I dont know if id be too in to that.Seems to teen for me,my girlfriends would laugh at me for sure since they are all 30,glad you enjoyed it though.I did watch america ferea in real women have curves and that was a pretty good movie.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I loved her in that movie and that is part of the reason why I wanted to see it. Also, I am a huge fan on the Gilmore Girls. That is why I went on my own. My friends where like "thanks, but no thanks". The same thing happened with The Notebook and when they finally saw it on video, they were bummed that they didn't see it when it first came out.

Originally Posted by Marisol I loved her in that movie and that is part of the reason why I wanted to see it. Also, I am a huge fan on the Gilmore Girls. That is why I went on my own. My friends where like "thanks, but no thanks". The same thing happened with The Notebook and when they finally saw it on video, they were bummed that they didn't see it when it first came out. my sister is 14 and she loves alexis bedel,im sure she will want to see it.

Originally Posted by Marisol Ok, so this might seem like a film for girls in their teens (I guess it is) but I really enjoyed this movie and I recommend it. The movie is about 4 girls who are best friends since childhood and they have to spend the summer apart. They are from different backgrounds and each are unique in their own way. I wanted to see something fun and laid back and since I really like two of the actresses in the movie (Alexis Bledel & America Ferrera) and I heard good reviews, I thought I would catch the matinee. To me, this movie just touched on the importance of opening yourself to others and the value of friendship. There were even some parts where I teared up.
Anyone else see it?

alexis_bledel2.jpg

Hey there - I am 36 years old and I went to see the movie today!!!! LOVED IT!!! I teared up in a few parts myself. I highly recommend this movie. It isn't just for teens at all. It touches on a lot of adult situations that many teens have to deal with and also parents have to deal with. I consider myself an "old" teen. Please don't knock it..go see it, EXCELLENT MOVIE!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by suziqq322 Hey there - I am 36 years old and I went to see the movie today!!!! LOVED IT!!! I teared up in a few parts myself. I highly recommend this movie. It isn't just for teens at all. It touches on a lot of adult situations that many teens have to deal with and also parents have to deal with. I consider myself an "old" teen. Please don't knock it..go see it, EXCELLENT MOVIE!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
Yea, I think I'm gonna have to see this one.
smile.gif

Welcome to MUT btw, Suziqq!

Welcome to MUT. Glad that you enjoyed the movie. By the way, the scenes in Greece were just amazing! Look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Joy & Marisol,

Thanks for the warm welcomes. The scenes in Greece were breath-taking...not to mention Costa's (he wasn't to bad looking himself) haha...As soon as I saw those beautiful sites in Greece I said to myself "Self, I think it's time for a honeymoon somewhere"...But, I need to find the right honey first...
icon_redface.gif
hahahah!

Suziqq

Latest posts

Back