The Soap Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received an email from them for a summer sub today.  I was on a waiting list.  Has anyone tried this?  Here is the June box:

The June 2012 Summer Soap Box includes:
* 1oz. Whipped Cream in Pinky Swear

* 1oz. Body Wash in Road Trip

* Mini Mister of Sparkle Me! in Beach Bunny (NEW!)

* Flip Flop shaped Bath Bomb in Private Beach

* 1 Fortune Cookie Soap in Sand Dollar

* 1oz. OCD in Summer Sweet Tea

* 1oz. Dry Shampoo in Wish You Were Here...(NEW!)

* 1 Hydrate Me! Body Conditioning Bar in Pool Party (NEW!)

* 1 Solid Sugar Scrub, Sugar Fix, in Sugar Britches (NEW!)

* $10 Fortune Cookie Soap code (via email)

I also got that email and signed up this morning.  I'm not sure if it's worth it, but I figured I'd give it a try.  I'm hoping the $10 code is just a $10 "gift card", not a spend $50, get $10 off -- but I'm sure that's me being optimistic.

I got an email too and plan on subbing. I think it would cool to recieve Lush type products regularly. Especially since I live so far away from a Lush store.

Originally Posted by MakeUpAddicted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got an email too and plan on subbing. I think it would cool to recieve Lush type products regularly. Especially since I live so far away from a Lush store.
That is what I am hoping for too!  I am a huge Lush fan but the nearest store is 100 miles away.  I was in Vegas this month & went to the Lush at Mandalay Bay so I brought a few things home.  Today I smell like "Honey I Washed the Kids" : )

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also got that email and signed up this morning.  I'm not sure if it's worth it, but I figured I'd give it a try.  I'm hoping the $10 code is just a $10 "gift card", not a spend $50, get $10 off -- but I'm sure that's me being optimistic.
I am excited to try this & would like to order full size, but I don't want to have to spend $50 either to get the $10 discount.  It will be really nice to have samples to try before ordering.  I love Lush but have to order online so sometimes the scent isn't exactly what I expected. 

Is there any way you can get this if u aren't on the wait list? Ive never heard of this, and I went to the site and saw nothing of a box... ????? I really want this lol

Originally Posted by MakeUpAddicted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I clicked on the link it said 19.99 a month for each month.
Actually, it is 19.99 every 3 months -- only 1 box per quarter.  Here's a copy/paste from the link above:

The Soap Box is a quarterly subscription box, centered around handcrafted, bath + body products. Shipping cost included!

$19.99 USA$28.00 Canada$34.00 Over Seas every 3 months via
paypal.gif
Subscribe Soon

It really is tempting, and I got the email that I had a spot if I wanted to sign up. I think I'll have to resist though, since the last thing I need are more bath products.

This is the one subscription service that made me notice all the other services (which shows how new to the subscription scene I am, lol).  I got my notification to subscribe today, and I'm super excited to get this.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's really a lot of bath goodies for $19.99 if there are 10 items per month = 120 items per year for $79.96 = about 67 cents per item.  Is shipping extra?

Originally Posted by StellaSunshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's really a lot of bath goodies for $19.99 if there are 10 items per month = 120 items per year for $79.96 = about 67 cents per item.  Is shipping extra?
You only get a box every 3 months, so it's 40 items per year.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You only get a box every 3 months, so it's 40 items per year.
Oh, Bummer!  So it's about $1.99 per item then?  Not too bad if the samples are good sized and things you'll use.

I just signed up to try it out. My local Lush closed this week, and I have no clue when they will re-open a new stand alone location. So, I thought it would be fun to try this! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh my, as if I didn't hoard bath stuff already!

I will wait until someone posts what they've gotten and reviews the items before really considering it. I can walk to Lush and TJ Maxx for soapy goodness that I can smell for myself before buying, and in the case of Lush, try it too!

Latest posts

Back