The top 5 beauty products you can't live without.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. EOS lip balm- this stuff is right next to my recliner. Love the mint flavor and how cute it looks like an egg!

2. Missha BB Perfect cover cream- with a spf42 what is not to love? Makes my skin look flawless. Currently using Dr. Jart Waterfuse BB cream because I bought the Dr. Jarts before I discovered Missha. Dr Jarts has a lower spf so I am trying to use it up in the winter months and switching back to Missha for the summer.

3. Pur minerals pressed powder 4 in 1 foundation in Blush Med- I have purchased 6 of these and will continue. I have 2 back ups because I don't want to EVER run out. Doesn't set into lines. I don't even have to use a liquid foundation because this gives me great coverage without the heaviness feel of foundation.

4. Josie Maran Argon Oil- Newly discovered fav! I have oily skin and would never, ever think that putting a oil on my skin. Couple drops of this puppy on a moist face and it's wonderfully smooth skin! I used to wake up to a oil slick covered face, but no longer! My skin never looked better. Plus it's great on the ends of my hair.

5. Mascara!!! I love most of it! Jordanna Extreme Lash, Covergirl Lash Blast, Mally Voluminzing, Estee Lauder Sumptuous bold volume lifting, BE Buxom......................

Gosh....hard to stop at five so I will give an honorable mention to my UD Naked 2 palette.

Originally Posted by Roxane68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. EOS lip balm- this stuff is right next to my recliner. Love the mint flavor and how cute it looks like an egg!

2. Missha BB Perfect cover cream- with a spf42 what is not to love? Makes my skin look flawless. Currently using Dr. Jart Waterfuse BB cream because I bought the Dr. Jarts before I discovered Missha. Dr Jarts has a lower spf so I am trying to use it up in the winter months and switching back to Missha for the summer.

3. Pur minerals pressed powder 4 in 1 foundation in Blush Med- I have purchased 6 of these and will continue. I have 2 back ups because I don't want to EVER run out. Doesn't set into lines. I don't even have to use a liquid foundation because this gives me great coverage without the heaviness feel of foundation.

4. Josie Maran Argon Oil- Newly discovered fav! I have oily skin and would never, ever think that putting a oil on my skin. Couple drops of this puppy on a moist face and it's wonderfully smooth skin! I used to wake up to a oil slick covered face, but no longer! My skin never looked better. Plus it's great on the ends of my hair.

5. Mascara!!! I love most of it! Jordanna Extreme Lash, Covergirl Lash Blast, Mally Voluminzing, Estee Lauder Sumptuous bold volume lifting, BE Buxom......................

Gosh....hard to stop at five so I will give an honorable mention to my UD Naked 2 palette.
Missha's bb creams are just amazing!

Porefessional, Benetint, Cetaphil cleanser and lotion, lengthening mascara, urban decay eye primer in original.

Originally Posted by Roxane68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG, YES...the Argon Oil is AMAZING. If I miss one night not putting it on my face before bed, you can DEFINITELY tell the difference! LOVE IT!

Ysl le teint touche eclat foundation Mac prep plus prime skin base visage Amazing cosmetics concealer As for the rest, i do nt have any particular fvourite. I just the rest like es, blushers, n lipsticks in rotation

ahhhhhhhhhh please don't take it as me being a total hater, but it's Argan oil...also Portobello mushrooms...just so you know ^^ and I'm not trying to be rude or mean or anything, I make tons of grammar and spelling mistakes as English is not my first language, which I don't mind pointed out, again second language, basically learned by watching tv and listening to music, so...anyways. 

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ahhhhhhhhhh please don't take it as me being a total hater, but it's Argan oil...also Portobello mushrooms...just so you know ^^ and I'm not trying to be rude or mean or anything, I make tons of grammar and spelling mistakes as English is not my first language, which I don't mind pointed out, again second language, basically learned by watching tv and listening to music, so...anyways. 
You know what's funny, I typed Argon and I was like...wait...no....Argen...no....oh whatever, my cat is crawling all over me and is hungry.....typetypetype SUBMIT.....DANGIT! It's Argan! lol!

1.) LORAC - Front of the Line PRO E/L in Black: Super easy to use and lasts me the entire shift without budging

2.) TBS - Hemp Lip Balm: Super moisturizing. The only one that seems to heal my lips.

3.) NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation: The only one that doesn't cake on my dry skin

4.) LUSH: Angels on Bare Skin: cleanser and exfoliator that will not dry out my skin

5.) LORAC - PRO Palette: versatile colors, long lastng, pigmented, 

LOL...yeap...Argan Oil! Sorry about that. I get a red squiggly line for Argan but not for Argon...weird, huh? Anyhoo, spelled it correctly to begin with but changed it because of the red squiggly.

Lmao the squiggly line makes me doubt myself all the time XD also argon is an element in periodic table, which is why it doesn't show a squiggly line XD

I really love this. Because of this I'm free from stressful look. Like no eye bags, gey rid my dark circles under my eyes. And it promote fresh look. Love it.

• Foundation (Currently using MAC)
  • Concealer (Currently using MAC, kind of want to which it. Any recommendation?)
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion 
  • Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX 80ml (works like a charm! Over night i get smooth and hydrated skin!) 

1. Estee Lauder Double Wear in Nude​
I don't wear this everyday but LOVE the coverage and also the fact that I don't have to wear any concealer with it - I have very red blotchy skin. It's my go - to foundation for a night out really.​
 ​
2. Benefit Hoola bronzer​
images
Love this for contouring, mainly because its so matte...the only downside is the brush you get inside - scrap that more product please ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.​
 ​
3. ELF studio blush in Pink Passion​
300.JPG
Soooo pigmented and pretty..pretty much hit pan on this one :'(.​
4. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer​
smashbox-photo-finish-foundation-primer.jpg
Love this feels soooo soft on my skin. Ive seen that they do different types of primer now for different skin types...if anyone has tried these I would love to hear how they are!​
5. Urban Decay Primer Potion​
tumblr_ljgwzwAtTA1qzuqc7o1_400.jpg
Transforms any ordinary eyeshadow into an amazing, vibrant, long lasting eyeshadow - what's not to love?!​

Most of these are recent discoveries that I can't imagine living without now.

1.  Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream - I purchased it last night and it's already my favorite moisturizer.  Not only is it super moisturizing (it actually got rid of my dry, flaky patches overnight!), but it's also an amazing multi-tasker - I'm currently using it as a facial moisturizer and lip conditioner.

2.  Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner - I received minis of this in my Birchbox boxes a few months ago and it is definitely my favorite liquid/felt-tip eyeliner.  My favorite shade is purple - it makes my hazel-green eyes stand out more.

3.  Blinc mascara - I have allergies and am super emotional, so I need my eye makeup to be as waterproof as possible (you know, just in case).  I could probably take a shower wearing this mascara and it would still look flawless.

4.  Benetint and Posietint - I love lip stains.  I use both Benetint and Posietint (just a little of each - a swipe of Benetint and a dot of Posietint on both lips) every morning.  I love how, even though they look deep red and Pepto Bismol pink, they go on sheer and give a nice, natural color to my lips.  The combo I use is actually really close to my natural lip color, so it's like my lips but better.  I also use the same combo as blush, but a little more of each - it's the same color my cheeks turn when I blush.  I love how natural both of these products look on me.  I only wish I had tried them sooner.

5.  That Gal, The Porefessional, and Missha BB cream - I use That Gal and The Porefessional as primers (I apply That Gal first and follow up with The Porefessional - That Gal makes it go on so much smoother).  I haven't been using Missha BB cream that long, but I've already noticed an improvement in my skin and have been getting much more compliments on my skin lately.

I know I cheated - I included 2 products for #4 and 3 for #5.  It was really hard narrowing it down.  
icon_redface.gif

If I could have a #6, it would be the products included in the Peter Thomas Roth Blemish Buster Kit + the Max Complexion Correction Pads.  I have an auto-immune disorder that drives my hormones crazy and I thought I would never get rid of my acne.  After the initial purging period (which lasted for at least 3-5 weeks for me), I've only gotten a handful of pimples in the past almost 4 months and the ones I've gotten disappeared in a matter of days.  If I apply the spot treatment as soon as I notice a pimple forming, it doesn't even surface.  It's absolutely amazing.  It turned my relatively oily skin to REALLY dry, but I really don't mind. I'd rather have super dry skin and next to no pimples than oily skin and get pimples more often.  One of the main negative side effects (for me) is the skin lightening.  While it helps with the process of acne scar fading, it's kinda turned most of my face pretty light, especially on my chin.  Fortunately, it's only really noticeable when I'm not wearing makeup and I'm sure it's not nearly as bad as it seems.  

I've really enjoyed reading this thread.  I've considered trying many of the products listed and am definitely more inclined to try them out now.  
smile.gif

My eyeko seems to dry out a lot! So I take out the tip, flip it and put it back in XD
Mine does too.  I keep a paper towel where I apply my makeup and draw a couple lines on it if it seems to be drying out a bit.  I also store all of my felt-tip liners with the tip pointed down, which seems to help a bit.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine does too.  I keep a paper towel where I apply my makeup and draw a couple lines on it if it seems to be drying out a bit.  I also store all of my felt-tip liners with the tip pointed down, which seems to help a bit.
mm that's a good idea, though don't they spill?XD

mm that's a good idea, though don't they spill?XD
The felt-tip eyeliners?  No, they're like pens.  As long as you make sure the cap is tight, they won't spill.  I don't think they'd spill even if the cap wasn't on tightly, but I'd rather not experiment.

You were talking about the Eyeko skinny liquid eyeliner, right?

This is such an interesting thread for me.  After looking through the responses I feel compelled to try Revlon's Color Stay foundation, I always hear such good things about this product and more people seem to like it than high end foundation.  One day I will grab some.

My top 5 are:

Eye primer: My favorites are bareMinerals and Urban Decay.  I also just started using the Lorac one which I like too.  Any one of those 3 is good with me.  I personally do not like the Too Faced one, even though I know a lot of people love it.

Eye shadow: My first choice would be the Kat Von D Saint pallet, but a very close 2nd and 3rd would be the Urban Decay Naked 2 the Too Faced Natural Eye pallets.

Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24/7 pencil liner, Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes pencil liner, or Kat Von D Autograph Pencil all in black.  They all perform very well and almost the same on me.  I would be happy with any one of those 3.

Mascara: Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes or bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara.  I also just started using Benefit's They're Real which I am loving but is too soon for me to consider a must-have.

Concealer: Benefit's Boi-ing concealer.

As you see I like to play up my eyes.  I have small eyes and without makeup on they just look even smaller.  I would really need a 6th item to feel confident so I am going to add it:

Lipstick: Love almost all of Kat Von D's lipsticks as well as MAC's lipsticks.  If I could only choose one it would be Kat Von D's Backstage Bambi.

When I wear those 6 items I call it wearing my, "bare minimum" I would feel better with a few other things such as a BB cream, powder, blush, bronzer, but these are just extra things that I don't feel I have to wear every day.  Although I probably would wear them every day if I had more time to get ready in the mornings.

I also wear lip gloss almost everyday but I wouldn't consider it an absolute must have.

Back