The top 5 beauty products you can't live without.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, what better place then here to list out my top 5 beauty must haves then here?

I have A LOT of make up because i love to try all sorts of brands to see whats good and what sucks.

Though i have over 500 eye shadows and a box full of lip sticks and a whole mess of everything inbetween there are some products i frequently reach for, and my top 5 is:

1) Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation

Seriously amazing because of the buildable coverage, it feels light and without setting has a luminous glow but looks very natural when set. Feels like i'm not wearing a foundation!

2) MAC liquid Point Liner in black

These liners are no joke, i've gone swimming in pools and this won't come off, and witht the fine point applicator i can always get the perfect thin bold line.

3) Make up forever Aqua Rouge in #9

All of the Aqua Rouge lip sticks are new and they come double ended with the lip color and a clear gloss sealer.

Again this is very long lasting, i never have to worry about it getting on my teeth or touching up because these lippies arn't going anywhere. The #9 is a gorgous fall/winter red and keep in mind that the colors look darker on the lip then in the tube!

4)Sugarpill eye shadows

I'm in love. So pigmented, and smooth. These shadows and loose pigments are never disapointing and i look forward to having them all in the future.

5)Urban Decay 24/7 liners

Seriously, if you haven't tried these you have to. They change everything as far as pencil liners go. Very long wearing, pigmented and they last forever.

So! tell me what products you refuse to go with out!

hmm my top 5 have to be:

1. Lush-Angels on Bareskin. My skin is dry and this is the perfect amount of moisture and exfoliation in a cleanser.

2. Urban Decay Naked skin foundation. This is the best foundation I've ever tried. Its not too heavy but provides enough coverage for me.

3. Dior Diorshow New Look mascara. I don't have very long eyelashes, but when I wear this people constantly ask how I get my lashes so long.

4. Revlon lip butter in candy apple. Its the perfect red, I can wear it day or night and not look silly. Its one lip product I know I'll eventually use up and I would probably cry if I lost it.

5. Urban Decay primer potion. Doesn't everyone love this? Of course I love my UD shadows, but with the primer potion, I can make any brand eyeshadow look really great and stay in place for a long time.

Question! Or rather questions...what do you use as far as a primer and setting powder with your skinbase foundation? I've tried a few things with mine, but I'm always on the look out for something better:) 

Five products I couldn't live without?

BRIGHT Matte lipsticks!! I'm currently in love with Nyx Indie Flick!

Cream blush!!! I'm alternating currently between NYX "Glow" (forget what you see in the swatches this comes out way more pigmented! ) and Vapour Organic Beauty "Torch" (this one is a little more natural but really pretty).

Urban Decay eyeshadows! They SPANK Mac hands down on color range and pigmentation! I've got most of their palettes:) One of my favorites right now is a single called Half Baked. I love pairing it with orange shades (love the flame eyes!). 

Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil in blonde (I'm a redhead with super pale skin so this is an amazing fit for me!)

MASCARA!! Holy Geez I'm a junkie...I can't pick one. I'm reaching for Sephora Atomic Volume and Benefit They're Real the most lately. 

1.A&D oitment

2. E.L.F. eyeliners

3. Red lipstick (any kind but specifically by Kat Von D and NYX)

4. Ben Nye Wheels (use as eyeshadow base)

5. Ruby Kisses All Over Glow Bronzers

Urban decay eye shadows - naked 2 palette weekdays and smoked palette weekends (These started my makeup addiction) Foundation, I've found 3 HG foundations which I rotate depending on my mood Estée Lauder Double Wear, Laura Mercier silk creme, and Clarins Everlasting OCC lip tars - obsessed already Amazing brand concealer- best full coverage concealer Benefit They're Real mascara - best mascara hands down!

1) Im with you on the UD 24/7 pencils I was VERY scared to use pencils till I give these a try and still cant seem to use any other

2) Youngblood Mineral Primer loved that stuff and just think i discovered that HG item in a beauty sub...lol

3) Julep's Age defying hand brighter  lotion

4) UD eyeshadows any of them but I really like there mattes and semi-shimmer

5) I might as well have said anything UD b/c i like there primer potion face and eyes so ill add a 6th item

6) My E.L.F studio line brushes dang most of my list is UD

worship.gif
Urban Decay Junkie...lol

I have a lot of favourites, but there are some items I really cannot substitute with others from other brands, so I guess I should list those:

1) Nuxe Reve de miel lip balm: Smells divine and moisturizes lips perfectly. I haven't used any other balm ever since I tried this one. 

2) Embryolisse lait creme: I actually have to force myself to use other moisturisers from time to time, so my skin won't get adjusted to it, but I'm so happy when I go back to it! My skin loves it more than anything else.

3) Chanel transluscent powder: Seriously the best powder ever, I can't live without it! It gives me a flawless finish and it photographs amazingly.

4) MAC Moisturecover concealer: I use other concealers too, but I must always have one of these, too, or else I'd feel I'm missing something. I always re-purchase.

5) Illamasqua brow gel: I guess I could substitute this one for a cheaper brow gel, but for some reason... I don't want to! It's way better than anything else I've tried.

1. NYX Liquid Liner in Black 2. Tarte Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder 3. MAC Paint Pot in Vintage Selection 4. Stila Convertible Color in Peony 5. Butter nail polish in Yummy Mummy!

1. Almay Liquid Eye Liner in Black

2. L'Oreal Infallible Foundation

3. Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller in Sheer Tint

4. Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel

5. Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Hairspray

1. Wet n Wild Sandcastle Palette

2. Revlon Photoready Foundation in Cool Beige and Shell (different seasons)

3. Guerlain KissKiss Essence de Gloss in Violine

4. Everyday Minerals blush in Apple

5. ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

6. Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland palette

One of my others is my Milani Lipstick in Plush 301. It is discontinued. It smells, tastes, feels and looks so nice. I even went so far as to email Milani about how sad I was that it was discontinued and they sent me an extra one. Someday it will run out though *sob sob*

I love this palette! It was the first one I used on a daily basis, and the first I ever hit the pan on a shadow; it came out in like '08 during the dawn of the beauty guru/blogger era, and I remember watching/reading reviews lol.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. Wet n Wild Sandcastle Palette
1. Tarte - Amazonian Clay Liner in Black <== Can't live w/o liner! this one lasts me forever, and it has a nice opaque, matte finish.

2. Lorac- Pro Palette <== my everyday palette. I'm boring and don't experiment with color, so my bright and bold UD palettes never see the light of day :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

3. Tarte - Amazonian Clay Blush <== The most finely milled, natural looking powder blushes I've tried. You could never tell it's a powder when you wear it.

4. Ecotools makeup brushes <==love them, probably the best for the price.

5. Clinique - Brow Shaper <==even if I go without eye/face makeup, I'll always do my brows. Had it for like 3 years of daily use and I've barely made a dent.

I'm pretty much a Tarte junkie for everything but their eyeshadows. Tried one of their palettes and was turned off for good lol.

It's fun seeing some of my favorite things on the lists, I am also a UD junkie although I haven't purchased much from them lately (dying to try the new foundation). Things I can't live without- 1. Mally Volumizing Mascara (do a light coat of a lengthening mascara on the tips and two coats of this = drag queen lashes!) 2. Shu Uemura lash curler 3. Mally Poreless Face Defender (actually keeps my nose matte and along with this, Cover Fx Clearprep Matte primer is the only primer that helps too, I now just use that on my nose and my primer samples everywhere else lol) 4. Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer for under eye circles, it's very hydrating and great coverage (it! Cosmetics concealer is close second) 5. UD palette (I have a million palettes but Naked 2 is the most used at the moment)

1. MUFE - HD foundation: I LOVE the coverage and how amazing it matches my skin color, just love it.

2. Mally - Volumizing Mascara: Just like bluemustang said: gives you drag queen lashes, it's amazing!

3. Lorac - Front of the Line Pro Eye Liner : Love this thing, the precision and staying power are just awesome!

4.MUFE - HD Powder: Mattifies like no other without making my skin feel dry and look old and powdery, just matte <3

5. It Cosmetics - Bye Bye Under Eye: Amazing concealer that completely hides my dark circles and makes me look fresh and awake without being too oily, Love it!

1.) Sephora Pro Collection Smoky Eye Palette. I LOVE how pigmented this eye shadow is, the colors are perfect, and it wears all day. Cost $35 when I bought it but the Sephora website says it's $20 now. 

2.) Physicians Formula mechanical eyeliner in black. This is probably the best eyeliner I've ever used. Doesn't slide, run, or smudge and it wears all day. $9

3.) Mary Kay Lash Love waterproof mascara in I <3 Black. Doesn't clump, lengthens and volumizes lashes. $15

4.) Lip balm. I especially love Oh La La! Vanilla Taffy lip balm. It smells amazing, is the most moisturizing lip balm I've ever used, and it only costs $1!

5.) Revlon Photo Ready Perfecting Primer. I like to use this as my eye shadow primer. $13

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love this palette! It was the first one I used on a daily basis, and the first I ever hit the pan on a shadow; it came out in like '08 during the dawn of the beauty guru/blogger era, and I remember watching/reading reviews lol.
I bought two at the time. I bottomed out half of one long ago and have managed to baby the second one. It's going to be a sad day when I run out. Wet n Wild will be getting begging emails that day.
smilehappyyes.gif

My top 5 products I can't live without in my kit are: 1) Photo Finish primer by Smashbox 2) Eve Pearl's Salmon concealers 3) Carbon eyeshadow by MAC 4) Full Coverage foundations (film/tv brands) 5) Orgasm blush by NARS

Originally Posted by roxie83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Question! Or rather questions...what do you use as far as a primer and setting powder with your skinbase foundation? I've tried a few things with mine, but I'm always on the look out for something better:) 

Five products I couldn't live without?

BRIGHT Matte lipsticks!! I'm currently in love with Nyx Indie Flick!

Cream blush!!! I'm alternating currently between NYX "Glow" (forget what you see in the swatches this comes out way more pigmented! ) and Vapour Organic Beauty "Torch" (this one is a little more natural but really pretty).

Urban Decay eyeshadows! They SPANK Mac hands down on color range and pigmentation! I've got most of their palettes:) One of my favorites right now is a single called Half Baked. I love pairing it with orange shades (love the flame eyes!). 

Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil in blonde (I'm a redhead with super pale skin so this is an amazing fit for me!)

MASCARA!! Holy Geez I'm a junkie...I can't pick one. I'm reaching for Sephora Atomic Volume and Benefit They're Real the most lately. 
Hey! So when it comes to my primer i really love Korres Vitamin E primer, it's great for any skin type, silicone free, and feels very light weight on the skin. Also the hourglass primer 28 is just fabulous, if i'm breaking out randomly this is my go to always. Light, and break out prevenative. As far as setting powder for a more luminous look i use the Lorac finishing powder or MUFE HD powder. I've been dying to try the Laura Mercier pressed finshing powders in the compacts but for now i manily stick to MUFE.

BTW have you tried illamasqua blushes? They are amazing!

Latest posts

Back