The Trend Report March 05

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
title_trend.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>

JEWELS RULE</TD></TR><TR><TD>Ready to snap up the jewelry that will make or break your look this spring and summer? Jewelry makes a big statement this season, but it's time to pack away your "bling" to make room for the bold -- jewelry that's exotic, colorful and lots of fun to wear. Whether borrowed from distant cultures or inspired by nature, you'll love this season's bracelets, necklaces, earrings and rings... and you can see them all right here in the latest edition of The Trend Report! </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
032805_NordstromWood.gif
</TD><TD>

WOOD YOU?

Of course you would! Wood jewelry is one of the hottest looks of the season, especially when worn in multiple layers that feature a mix of natural colors and textures. You can collect, mix and match wood bead necklaces and stack bangles and cuffs to your heart's content – or go the quick and easy route and buy the layered look such as the necklace shown here. Your wood jewelry will look fantastic with safari-inspired styles and hand-crafted bohemian looks... or with a simple white tank – one of the season's affordable "must-haves". We also love the look of wood jewelry mixed with gemstones or crocheted beads, which add just a touch of rich color. In terms of earrings, go for hoops or wooden ball shapes – simple and just right.

Trend Tip: Where to find it? This Stein & Blye layered necklace is from Nordstrom ($78). We also recommend the fantastic styles you will find from RJ Graziano, Lee Angel, Pono, Wendy Mink or Gerard Yosca – all available at department stores near you.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<HR width=500 SIZE=1>

032805_VivreCoral.gif
</TD><TD>
CORAL & TURQ

Two of the most important fashion colors this season just happen to be as equally essential as jewelry pieces... we're talking coral and turquoise. These two natural beauties work wonderfully with a number of looks from flouncy prairie skirts to your favorite print caftan to solid white, brights or black. Plus, no matter what type of jewelry you prefer - casual or dressy - you'll find plenty of choices in coral or turquoise. Go for beaded necklaces or earrings, pendants, bangles, cuffs, hoops or charms (another big trend,) decorating everything from necklaces to belts to shoes. We love the look of coral plus gold as well as the classic combination of turquoise and silver.

Trend Tip: Kenneth Jay Lane's coral and turquoise jewels (especially his branch coral bracelets, belts and charm necklaces) are selling out right now around the country. The good news – his pieces are affordable. You will also love the chunky, sexy styles you will find from Ben Amun... or if you prefer a more delicate look, you will find it at Urban Outfitters or Banana Republic.
<CENTER> </CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR width=500 SIZE=1>

032805_SaksCharms.gif
</TD><TD>
JUST CHARMING

Attention all charm lovers – this is your season to shine. Charms can be found dangling from jewelry of all kinds, whether necklaces, earrings, bracelets, belts or as add-ons to your summer handbags. These charming pieces give you a chance to incorporate all the trends. Try a pendant necklace or chain belt adorned with charms of coral, turquoise, gold or wood – or all four! Your choice of charms may run the gamut from chunky and ethnic-inspired to delicate, romantic charms, including lockets of all kinds... but one of the hottest trends is the lucky Italian "horn" shape layered with a few other choice pieces, dangling from a gold or silver chain.

Trend Tip: Where to find these charming little numbers? Everywhere! We love the collection of necklaces by Made Her Think, which are carried at Saks Fifth Avenue. Other options include pieces from RJ Graziano, Kenneth Jay Lane, Moschino, Burberry, Bloomingdale's, Target or Anthropologie.
<CENTER> </CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR width=500 SIZE=1>

032805_NMYurman.gif
</TD><TD>
COCKTAIL HOUR

Just because many of this season's jewelry trends are a little on the "organic" side doesn’t mean you can't be a glamour puss. Case in point – the return of the cocktail ring! These oversized, meant-to-be-noticed baubles are so fun to wear, and because they’re meant to look rather "faux" you don't have to break the bank to jump on this trend (although feel free to spring for the "real deal" if you can). Go for the classic look of faux rubies, emeralds, sapphires or your favorite jewel, or opt for gemstones such as turquoise, coral or "who knows what they are" colorful brights. While cocktail rings are required for evening wear, you may also wear them during the day if you so desire - even in multiples!

Trend Tip: David Yurman has been creating gorgeously glam cocktail rings for years, and they are a coveted status symbol by many a fashionista, as are the fabulous rings from Di Modolo and Faraone Mennella. On the other side of the wallet, options include rings from Banana Republic, Target, Guess or even the oh-so-addictive Home Shopping Network.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks Diane! I'm loving the wooden jewelry & have been scouring thrift stores for cool items. I'm too cheap to pay gobs of $$$ on trendy stuff.
tongue.gif

LOL I knew you would like this report.
wink.gif
I almost put this is for Gail on the top of it. Why pay all that money when you get a cheaper version. You can find some really cool things in the thrift stores.

Originally Posted by keaLoha Thanks Diane! I'm loving the wooden jewelry & have been scouring thrift stores for cool items. I'm too cheap to pay gobs of $$$ on trendy stuff.
tongue.gif

Thanks for posting this article, Diane. I have always like the Coral & Turquoise duo.

The Brass Plum section of Nordstroms has some really neat chunky wooden cuff bracelets right now. I can't find their pictures, but they are simiiliar to this pic below -- just with funker edges and a prettier texture!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

a3_1_b.JPG

Originally Posted by Diane LOL I knew you would like this report.
wink.gif
I almost put this is for Gail on the top of it. A girl after my own heart!
biggrin.gif
I go to this one thrift store where my nieces attended pre-school & made friends w/one of the women who volunteers there. I've bought a ton of stuff for only $5 @ a time--3 sweaters, silk pants, beach bag, BN shoes, etc.--& find amazing vintage stuff that's in immaculate condition! Thanks to her, I got my 2 wooden bangles for only $0.25!
biggrin.gif

OH, I loved this Trend Report too!!! I like ALL that stuff! But, I don't wanna pay big bucks for it either.

Thanks for posting.
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Back