The wonderful UDPP

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
.... doesn't work for me. I don't understand why not! I don't think its in my application. Maybe its because I'm using those cheap eyeshadow palettes you always find around Christmas time? But I've done research and many of you say that that doesn't make any difference - UDPP should still make them last. Maybe I'm not applying enough. I bought a tester off ebay, so I try to use it sparingly (not too much and not everyday) while I decide if it works for me or not.

Any suggestions for me? I want UDPP to work for me so bad! Maybe UDPP is just not for me. Has anyone tried Ultima II's base? I may try that if I can't get UDPP to work.

It really could be the e/s... Believe it or not. I have 2 L'Oreal quads that SUCK! Doesn't matter what UDPP does for every other e/s I have, these quads just DO NOT want to play nice with the UDPP!

maybe you're not using enough?

I like my UDPP...but I LOVE my bare canvas paint. I use that most of the time.
smile.gif

I have found that when I use pigments over it, they will stay on for days if I don't take them off. Eyeshadows stay on but not as well. Maybe it is the shadow that you are using. I'm sorry it's not working for you though because when it works, it's awesome!!!

Mari is probably right. If your order at urban decay now it is $1.00 shipping... that might end tonight though (not sure). Plus with the code HOLI, you get 30 percent off. So you could get a full size fresh bottle for pretty cheap.

Yeah I agree with everyone. Sometimes UDPP works too well for me that I need to use a shadestick over it to blend my eyeshadows better. I say invest in a new bottle and try better eyeshadows. If they dont work you can always swap them or e-bay them or something.

(UDPP keeps my makeup on during the rough and tumble... that is amazing!)

I bought a new bottle at ULTA and at first it worked, but now it sucks. Any other eye primer recs... or tips? Doesnt HIP cosmetics have a dupe of a mac item commonly used as an eyeshadow base?

the HIP line has their eye crayons which are kind of like the MAC shadesticks. IMO they aren't quit as good, they go on creamier but they smudge easier too.

MAC has an eye primer that I've had good luck with, it's worth a shot.

That seems really strange. My UDPP works consistantly! Even on hot sweaty days!

I have notice though, that if I use cheap e/s it doesn't seem to work AS well. But I'm not likely to leave them on for as long. Maybe the UDPP need a strongly pigmented e/s to work properly?

xxx

I never really loved UDPP. I recently bought Too Faced Shadow Insurance and I love it. It really makes colourr pop and last a long time!

Originally Posted by andrrea /img/forum/go_quote.gif I never really loved UDPP. I recently bought Too Faced Shadow Insurance and I love it. It really makes colourr pop and last a long time! Sounds like I may have to try it. =]

Originally Posted by andrrea /img/forum/go_quote.gif I never really loved UDPP. I recently bought Too Faced Shadow Insurance and I love it. It really makes colourr pop and last a long time! I saw it when I was out shopping on friday and meant to go back and get it. I forgot
scared.gif

Originally Posted by citre /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sounds like I may have to try it. =] They sell it at Sephora. See if you could get a sample to test it out!

i dont use udpp, but i know if i get really sweaty when i am wearing eyeshadow my eyeshadow application wont stick the first time and i have to reaply (i usually do it on top of the last application) cause for some reason the mixture of eyelid sweat, bobbie brown primer and eyeshadow makes the best base for me

I haven't used any other eyeshadow primer, but I now this works well and my eyeshadow shows up on my skin well. I was trying swatches on my hand, one with UDPP and one without. The one w/o the color show up lightly and rub off easily. With the UDPP it was harder to rub off and the color showed up brighter and better.
moa.gif

Originally Posted by neonbright /img/forum/go_quote.gif I haven't used any other eyeshadow primer, but I now this works well and my eyeshadow shows up on my skin well. I was trying swatches on my hand, one with UDPP and one without. The one w/o the color show up lightly and rub off easily. With the UDPP it was harder to rub off and the color showed up brighter and better.
moa.gif
iagree.gif

indeed

My E/S and pigments stay on much better since I started using UDPP, I have oily skin.

Latest posts

Back