The worst time of the year

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is the day after Christmas. Or even, after opening all the gifts - lol! Seriously though, I always get bummed at the end of the day when Christmas is all over. It's such a fun time and I hate to see it end so soon. Sigh. Oh well. 364 days till next Christmas.

Next Christmas my Dad said he aint spoiling us no more - this was the last good Christmas full of loads of gifts and gift cards. Says next year we are getting one good gift for each of us. Im used to TONS!! Waaah!! Haha. Getting old sucks.

Im so bummed that Christmas is over
frown.gif
who's with me?! Christmas every day!!

My bf always jokes that it is Christmas all year long for me. He's kinda right, he treats me very well and spoils me alot...

I'm usually glad when Christmas is over though. I love giving gifts more than getting them, and I kinda take pride in finding the perfect gift for everyone. I have SOOOOOO MANY people to buy for at Christmas, and I always try to find cool but meaningful gifts for each person. Sometimes it gets on my nerves... It's not the money part that's an issue, it's the time and effort that it takes to find just the right gift. It's rewarding to me though... like this year for example, my bf was amazed by how well I know him by the gifts I chose for him.

aww, I know exactly how you feel! it is always a let down when christmas is over.. this christmas seemed really flat for some reason.

as cindy lou would say, where are you christmas?

i feel like that a bit too, people get so excited before christmas, there's all those things we have to prepare, and then it's all over.

When you get older - it's not as fun as before.

It was a good Christmas... but I miss when we had a huge family get together and staying there up until late playing games. The gifts are cool and all, but I just like being with my family. Now, some members are too caught in doing illegal things, boozing and all that so we don't see them around no more.
frown.gif

I'm telling my mom since we're having family over for New Years - we should make a good party. I'mma break out the card games, bingo... I think they always make the day better. Gambling + gossip. Woop. This break is going good, anyways.

to be honest, I think I was too stressed and tired to enjoy it. Looking for a new job, thinking I was going to fail this semester, the bf's recovery from his accident.. it will be good to wind down for a while I think

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif to be honest, I think I was too stressed and tired to enjoy it. Looking for a new job Same here.. I feel like I can sit back and relax now. Except now I have to go back to work and I hate my job.
frown.gif

There is always so much going on, it's a relief to have it over and get back to what is normal. That being said, many people have a big let down after Christmas.

You dad is talking "big" now, but I'll bet that he doesn't change his gift giving pattern much, if at all.

This is a great day for me. I can rest! The whole month of Dec. is crazy at work.

I went three places Cmas eve and four places cmas. It makes me so tired!

I know what you mean. It was great, but it was over too fast! And I am not looking forward to going back to work!!

I agree with ya Celly, that it's not as fun as it used to be... and just being with family is the most important thing IMO.

For me, I don't have my grandma, grandpa, and uncle anymore... and at Christmas time they were the center of all out family get togethers.. we'd have a ball.

No more. We try, but getting together is NOT the same as it used to be. I truly miss that and would give anything to have it back. A louis vuitton or a handful of gifts cards can't replace that.

We didn't make a big deal out of it this year! The way I look at it X-mas is a time for giving to others in need, it's not about receiving the most gifts, most people have the privilege to buy whatever they want on any other day of they year, X-Mas is about giving to others who can't afford the luxuries some of us take for granted.

Christmas was so fun when we were younger, now it's like blahhh. Especially because no one in my family really gives gifts anymore- I get money from my grandparents and we open gifts in my immediate family in the morning, but not when the whole family gets together. Yesterday me, my sister, my cousin (then he switched with my other cousin) and my dad played the Spongebob Squarepants Monopoly that my dad got as a gift from my mom ALL DAY, like 6 hours, it was a LOOOOONG game. Then I read through the booklet and found out we could have played a quick hour long game... geez. Oh well, made time pass til dinner and then dessert, lol.

Lately, I've been glad! With the mess of toys everywhere, and knowing I don't have to make that huge dinner for another year... Whew! But yeah, it can be kind of a downer... Although, I do have a birthday coming up to "perk" me up LOL!

Aww. I know what you mean but I usually don't feel like that til late January, because there's also New Year's Eve and my birthday.

I wish the holidays were more spread out. haha

Latest posts

Back