THERE'S LEAD IN MY LIPSTICK (and yours too)!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically, you can publish any article and any study about lead and people will freak.  But you have to look who's behind these studies and look at their agenda. We live in a fear based society.  It's all about big scary headlines but the information isn't necessarily  taken in perspective and given in any context.  And look at the information at hand.  What does that number mean?  Is it more or less than what is in basically in anything I consume?  There's lead in a lot of things naturally for instance.  And also, I read an article a week or two ago saying Wet n' Wild, Burt's Beeswax and MAC doesn't contain lead but this supposed Campaign for Safe Cosmetics says otherwise.  Who's right?

@ Evster if I could 'LIKE' both your posts I would. Well said!!

I use Burt's Bee's spray deoderant for days when I'm running very short errands or just hanging around. It works good on the soles of feet too. For work days, long road trips or lots of in and out of stores, I use Degree (which does have aluminum).

The Body Shop also has aluminum-free deodorants. But if you're going to get one, get the "fresh and floral". I made the mistake of ordering the "chill and breezy" one, and it literally smell's like cheap men's cologne lol.

Originally Posted by Dinitchka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use Burt's Bee's spray deoderant for days when I'm running very short errands or just hanging around. It works good on the soles of feet too. For work days, long road trips or lots of in and out of stores, I use Degree (which does have aluminum).

Not saying there is no cure!!!! I'm saying there's a less likely chance that it's inheritance!!!! And my grandmother died of brain cancer, and I'm Russian, just so you know.

Originally Posted by Dinitchka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am not a scientist, a biologist or a PHD Dr but BRCA1 & BRCA2 ARE inherited genetic cancers. My people have a very high percentage of carrying the gene but it does not cause cancer in all that do carry the gene and I WILL NOT be tested. I will go for regular women check-ups and deal with it when and IF cancer is found. My father died from complications of a rare form of ALS, which can be an inherited genetic disorder. His neurologist said their is a 40% chance of inheriting his ALS ... I refuse to get tested. His father died from complications of his Alzheimer's, which can be an inherited genetic disorder, and again I refuse to get tested. I have a fairly nice life and I don't need to live the rest of my life thinking ... "OMG, I'm going to die and their is no cure!" I REFUSE to live that way. Sorry for my rant       ...::: steps off soapbox :::...

Back