Thickest/most concentrated liquid foundation or concealer? ro

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doubtful you would be able to mix a moisturizer with the Dermablend. It "sets up" - at least that's what it felt like to me when I tried it.

I like reading all of the recommendations in this thread. I'm running low on my Mary Kay foundation, and I'm trying to decide if I should order more or try another one of the thick foundations. I definitely like a lot of coverage!

the concealer i like is the skinfood salmon concealer. its an orangey color...which balances out the blue or purple undertones that people generally have. Another good one is hard candys glamoflauge

I'm looking forward to trying the Skin Food Salmon Concealer. I heard that it's really good for under eye circles as salmon-y concealers help to counteract the blue tones under the eyes.

My favourite is Helena Rubinstein Magic Concealer but I can't seem to find it anywhere nowadays.

Quote: Originally Posted by sweetsweettart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am looking for a super full coverage, highly concentrated liquid foundation or concealer, that I can mix into my moisturizer. I will be diluting it down, so it is best if it is highly concentrated. I plan on being able to adjust the level of coverage depending on the ratio of it to my moisturizer.

Seems like these are poplular:  Estee Lauder DW Maximum foundation, Vichy Dermablend foundation, Coverblend concealer, Amazing Concealer (too $$) KA Sensual Skin Enhancer (no thanks, mineral oil and too $$). Any more I should look into?

thanks.
Amazing Concealer isn't really that thick, I use this daily.  I don't know how well it'd mix with moisturizer, it'd be more like a tinted moisturizer if mixed.  It is a great concealer on its own though, and it is worth the price.  You only need a pin prick amount under each eye or per flaw you're covering.  The little tube lasts for-ev-er!  It also isn't cakey, and looks natural.

Quote: Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm doubtful you would be able to mix a moisturizer with the Dermablend. It "sets up" - at least that's what it felt like to me when I tried it.
Yep, it sets up, that's what keeps it on to hide the flaws etc.  Otherwise it will end up transferring if you touch it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Kat Von D's Tattoo Concealer is extremely pigmented and concentrated.
I second this.  It also mixes will with moisturizer, I do it all the time.  My lock it foundation is borderline into the "too light" category, and I have a Jouer lumenizing tint that is a hair too dark, mix them and it looks great, and keeps the right consistency without looking too full coverage.

If you want a highly concentrated foundation or concealer it would probably be better if you looked into theatrical makeup such as Ben Nye, Krylon, Graftobian or Cinema Secrets.

Latest posts

Back