Things you've had for a long time

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this is something i've had since i was about 10, so it's been 8 years, maybe more. i don't really recall, but it's been long. i carry it everywhere with me. my dad bought it for me for christmas and i didn't think i'd use it, but now i can't be without it!

screw mp3 players, i think my radio's much better
icon_cheesygrin.gif

what's something you've had for a long time that you love? it could be from childhood, 5 years, etc.

I have this old clock radio that I had in High School. It's really old and funky looking with AC/DC and Led Zeppelin stickers on it. It so does not match our bedroom decor! But it works, and my husband uses it to wake him up every morning! Kinda funny..

Also, I have a few pieces of clothing, like a black, wool blazer and a silk green dress, that my grandmother had made for herself when she was a young lady in Amsterdam. My mom brought it over here and wore them and now I have them. They are classic pieces, extremely well made, that I will cherish forever and hand down to my daughter.

I have a dress that I wore in Kindergarden... lol My mom won't let me get rid of it!
wink.gif

I still have my baby blanket. It's baby yellow and I keep it folded in a drawer. Weird I guess, but maybe I can use it when I have my own someday. Like a family heirloom or something.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha i still have
  • riding gear ( i used to horse ride when i was younger - about 5 y.o i think)
  • all my schoolwork
  • a musical teddy i was given when i was born (the person who gave it to me is now sadly no longer alive)
  • the collars/leads from all our late pets
  • my grandmothers MU (i never met her tho, she died when my dad was 11)
i cant believe that MU is over 50 years old x Oh wow Trisha!! That's so cool!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha im too sentimental, i still have the jumper i was wearing when i minutes old! Me too - I have a bunch of stuff from when I was a kid.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha i still have
  • riding gear ( i used to horse ride when i was younger - about 5 y.o i think)
  • all my schoolwork
  • a musical teddy i was given when i was born (the person who gave it to me is now sadly no longer alive)
  • the collars/leads from all our late pets
  • my grandmothers MU (i never met her tho, she died when my dad was 11)
i cant believe that MU is over 50 years old x trisha, that makeup is SO cool and it fits so well with what you love.

I have:

• My stuffed monkey Cheecorico who I've had since i was born
  • An edwardian style frock coat that I had when I was at primary school
  • All of my school photographs from secondary school
  • My homework diaries from the year I passed my GCSEs and the year I passed my A-levels
  • A boxful of cards, keepsakes and reminders that I've kept over the years
  • Mt bright red Doc Marten boots that I've had since I was 13, they've got band names written on them in nail polish.
  • A brown fabric Levis bag that I bought from a car boot sale for 10p when I was about 7 or 8.

My mom threw away my favorite stuff animal sheep when I was three or 4 and I got it when I was born. I dont think I have anything...Jennifer, do I have anything?

By the way this is VIOLET(Leta112), her sister

Janellee, i think thats so touching you keeping hold of your late pets collar and leads. What a sentimental lady you are.:icon_love

I have all of Muttley's bit and pieces and i have photograph's that i treasure.

I have a lot of really really old house shirts that I can't just bear to throw away. I've had them since I was like in Grade 4 or 5.

my parents have a bunch of stuff from when i was little. i think the only stuff i have that is somewhat old are cheerleading shirts/sweaters from high school.

I've lost so many things over the years from traveling and moving so much...the only thing I have left is a cassette tape of me when I was 3 yrs old. An older cousin of mine was interviewing me and I was telling stories and singing on it.

I still have my dress from my first communion (see below) stored away in a closet in Mexico. I am not one to wear dresses but I remember that I felt like a little princess with this dress on. Also have all of the Barbie dolls that I got when I was a kid.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Awww you're so cute! Thanks!
icon_redface.gif
Now that I look at that dress, it really isn't all that cute but to this day, I remember how I felt the day I wore it.

Originally Posted by Marisol I still have my dress from my first communion (see below) stored away in a closet in Mexico. I am not one to wear dresses but I remember that I felt like a little princess with this dress on. Also have all of the Barbie dolls that I got when I was a kid. aw, how cute! on my communion day, i felt like a princess, too. i have pics my mom took of me looking at my reflection in the car window and posing LOL

Originally Posted by Jennifer aw, how cute! on my communion day, i felt like a princess, too. i have pics my mom took of me looking at my reflection in the car window and posing LOL Post them if you can!

The things I hold nearest and dearest to my heart that I still have are pictures as well as letters that were written to me over the years by friends and boyfriends.which everybody has. Other than that, I have all my concert stubs from every concert I ever went to. My first trophies from dance and baton. I also kept the cassette tape that my first boyfriend made me of mixed songs. He recorded himself at the end of the tape. It's pretty cute and I can't bring myself to ever part with it.

oh, i have 2 dresses from when i was about 5 (wore one to my kindergarten graduation). i think my mom got it from the phillipines.

Originally Posted by gamaki The things I hold nearest and dearest to my heart that I still have are pictures as well as letters that were written to me over the years by friends and boyfriends.which everybody has. Other than that, I have all my concert stubs from every concert I ever went to. My first trophies from dance and baton. I also kept the cassette tape that my first boyfriend made me of mixed songs. He recorded himself at the end of the tape. It's pretty cute and I can't bring myself to ever part with it. I have a bunch of old pics and notes and music from old friends and exes. I keep all those locked up in a safe though and I never really take any of it out...I've got too many nosy bodies coming in and out of my place and I wouldn't want to chance being linked to someone I'm not supposed to know
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back