Thinking about getting implants

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you about the "unnatural substance" you're putting into your body, but saline is safer than the old silicone implants because if the saline leaks out, it won't harm you. But if you have silicone filled implants, the silicone would likely cause harm (IIRC, cancer is one of the results?)

Ok, anyway, I have one more thought about implants. Generally speaking, bigger breasted women attract different kinds of men than small breasted women.

Being a small breasted woman all your life probably makes you think a little differently than large breasted women because your existence and experiences are slightly different because of a small fact (no pun intended). So you may want to consider this because you may have "small" views with a newly "big" chest.

Moreover, like it or not, (and I'm sure some can attest to this) you may not be taken as seriously with large breasts. It's like a blonde v. brunette thing almost. Like Lilla said, where are people going to be looking? In the business and professional realms, it's hard enough being taken seriously as a woman.

This depends on proportion too. I mean, if you're a size 0 and have size C boobs, let me tell you, boobs are all you will see! My friend is a size 3 and has a full C cup implant... I can see what the eyes in the room are looking at. She's a tiny tiny woman with boobs way too big for her body, which is fine since she's comfortable with that.

I hope this makes sense and I hope I didn't offend anyone. I'm not weighing pros and cons of having big boobs. It's just good to think about the possible effects it will have on someone with small boobs going big.

Originally Posted by K*O* Yeah Lilla, me too 34A -(Itty-bitty-titty-club) (& proud of it )
icon_cheesygrin.gif

- At this point of time in my life, the thought of getting implants scares me
icon_eek.gif
with all the recalls with silicone, and problems down the road people have had....no way, jose !

confused.gif
What I guess that some people don't realize, is that they say "I'm getting saline implants, not silicone"!!, However, don't they realize that they're still made with silicone??? (duh), - saline is just the solution thats injected into the bag.,silicone is silicone & it's still an un-natural substance that you're putting in your body

Well said Jess!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I know what you mean about WHO's attention you'd get... I'm small chested but even though I'd love it if they were bigger, I see what my larger chested friends attract. I mean I've had my share of "them"... but they take one look at their boobs and it's like BAM! That's the new fixation - not the person or the conversation. I mean half of them don't walk back over to their friends and say... "wow, she has a great sense of humor' if she's got D cup boobs in a Shirt the size of something a toddler would wear. LOL
icon_lol.gif
A co-worker of mine just got implants... she says they are a full C, but I don't know - those things are HUGE!!!! And even though she said beforehand that she was "doing it to correct a problem" (one breast was a bit larger than the other - but not very noticable unless pointed out) but now she has this whole new "look at me, I have giant boobs" attitude. She is now wearing the skimpiest tops to work, and any guy that walks in comments on them & her to my boss (which they are not happy about & have talked to her about her new 'assets') But she's just eating up all the attention they get. She'll barely have them covered in tops and she'll be constantly touching them when she thinks nobody is looking! LOL
icon_eek.gif
But to each his own I guess... its just amazing how someone's personality will change from a few cc's of saline pumped into their breasts.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh yeah.... I almost forgot.... A FF TRISHA!!!!????
icon_eek.gif
OMG!!!!! How do you not fall forward!?!?!
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

i won't get them myself. i wanted to get them before, but my bf convinced me not to.

implants are getting more and more common. some women get them for men or for men to be more attracted to them. not all, but some. but since implants are getting more common, guys are getting tired of them and are looking for natural breasts. even girls who want to be strippers of try to pose for playboy, they're strating to look for natural breasts.

ok, that's all outside reactions.

i've looked around at different websites and they show the before and after pics where they look like obvious impants, way high, or something.

and there are after pics that don't look good at all.

and they show pics of when they don't come out right. like they mis-shaped, snoopy boobs, sagging, body reactions to implants, etc.

plus it's not just a one time deal. you have to do stuff down the road, something like every 10 years.

but, it's a personal decision, and i don't tell people what to do.

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 plus it's not just a one time deal. you have to do stuff down the road, something like every 10 years.
yeah I was surprised when I first heard that - I didn't know that you'd have to have them re-done!
icon_eek.gif
That's expensive! I agree with you about how common they are now - implants are everywhere! And I've seen shows where a girl has had implants to pose for Playboy, only to be turned away b/c they don't want models with implants! That has to make some girls pretty upset! I mean I've always wished I was born 'blessed' w/ a big chest...but I don't think I could go through with the surgery to get them. I've also seen a lot of mishaps - and all the research you do on a good doctor, you never know what could happen. I've seen things about girls getting implants, only to become almost crippled a year later from adverse reactions their body has to the 'foreign' objects. It's scary! It just doesn't seem worth it to me anymore.... maybe it's just my perception of myself that has changed over the years... I'm lucky that I have a guy that could care less about how big my boobs are - so I really don't consider it a big issue anymore. I'd rather work on losing weight, or quitting smoking, or advancing in my career and my life than about my boobs. Just doesn't seem to be an issue anymore.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 she says they are a full C, but I don't know - those things are HUGE!!!! And even though she said beforehand that she was "doing it to correct a problem" (one breast was a bit larger than the other - but not very noticable unless pointed out) 98% of females have that and i think those who say it's because of that, just want it as an excuse because they just want a bigger chest.

Originally Posted by Jennifer 98% of females have that and i think those who say it's because of that, just want it as an excuse because they just want a bigger chest. Yeah, I agree... especially with her. Because she just didn't get ONE implant to 'correct' the smaller one (that wasn't much smaller) but she got them BOTH done... and got them larger than before! (and her natural boobs was quite big to begin with)
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 Moreover, like it or not, (and I'm sure some can attest to this) you may not be taken as seriously with large breasts. It's like a blonde v. brunette thing almost. Like Lilla said, where are people going to be looking? In the business and professional realms, it's hard enough being taken seriously as a woman. Very good point .... I'm already in a field that is statistically over 80% male (in the US), so if I'm going to be drawing attention to myself I want it to be because of the awesome computer programs I write, not because of my awesome boobs!
wink.gif
Plus I'm already a natural blonde so there's already one hurdle to overcome! lol

Trisha~ Holy cr@p!
icon_eek.gif
How don't you fall over?!?! You must have a very strong back/stomach muscles.
icon_biggrin.gif

Janelle~ LOL, at least your co-worker likes her new boobs!
rolleyes.gif
My friend's "full C's" didn't look like C's either. I mean, I have friends that have C-cup breasts naturally and are as thin as the friend who got the boob job. My "natural" friends don't look anything like the one with the boob job! I think they were probably D's. Maybe in plastic surgeon terms, a "full C" is a "D."
rolleyes.gif

I can understand the need for reconstructive surgery (ie: a nose job after a car accident) as well as the medical need for a breast reduction (because of back problems). But in terms of plain cosmetic surgery, no thanks. I had surgery for an ovarian cyst and the thought of going under the knife voluntarily does NOT appeal to me at all. My breasts are average and I'm content with that.
smile.gif

Janelle is SO right on target. One of my husband's relatives got implants and all of a sudden these boobs are slapping everyone in the face - LOL (ok, not literally) but yeah, now they are on display for all to see. No one looks at her face or comments on what she knows or doesn't know. It's only the boob factor. I was invited to her house for a pool party and *I* was embarrassed because she had on this miniscule bikini top.
icon_redface.gif
People buy boobs and their personality changes.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I've always felt this way --> that if someone remarked on my boobs, as opposed to something concerning "knowledge", etc. (not that I'm an genuis), I'd be insulted. I'd much rather be known for my smarts than my tits.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I voted "yes" implants are ok. But I don't think it should be for sexual reasons alone. Nor should it be done to please another person, or "fix" a person's self esteem. It's a very personal choice.

I'd always been large chested, then when I had kids they kinda went south! I'd love to get a lift and probably an implant, not to be bigger but b/c I've lost a lot of fullness at the top. I want to do it, but I don't know if I will. I'm still afraid of the possible complications. I really dislike my breasts as they are now. Well, since I don't have the money right now, I guess it doesn't matter! But in a few months when I get a large amount of money in a settlement from my ex...
confused.gif

Trisha, you are awesome...I love your attitude! I myself would be beyond thrilled to get down to a size 12 or 14 (US). I would actually be lookin' svelte at that size b/c I have a large frame. And I love my womanly hips and butt! Let's work those curves!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Sizes 10-14 can look great if you're taller or have a larger frame! I've known several women who wear those sizes but are in great porportion given their frame or height. Honestly I would love to gain a few sizes, so that I could more easily find clothes that fit and so I'd have some more curves! (It seems like most affordable department stores like JC Penny's stop at a size 6 which means I have to shop in the Junoir's section .... which is rather frustrating since I'm trying to not look like a teenager anymore! lol)

Originally Posted by girl_geek Sizes 10-14 can look great if you're taller or have a larger frame! I've known several women who wear those sizes but are in great porportion given their frame or height. Honestly I would love to gain a few sizes, so that I could more easily find clothes that fit and so I'd have some more curves! (It seems like most affordable department stores like JC Penny's stop at a size 6 which means I have to shop in the Junoir's section .... which is rather frustrating since I'm trying to not look like a teenager anymore! lol) Taller? I'm only 5'3" and I'm usually an 8-10, but nobody ever believes me when I tell them that. They expect me to be like a size 2-4 or something. But I've never been a typical "petite" girl.

hey, I said "taller OR have a larger frame"
wink.gif
And actually, if you look at the sizing charts in clothing catalogs, my waist is a size 8, but my hips are a size 2 and since most pants fit low on the hips I usually have to buy 2's. (My wedding dress was a size 8 though so it would fit in the waist -- we just had to take it in a lot up top! lol) And I'm just a little under 5'5" -- if my hips and bust were larger and in proportion to my waist, I'm sure I'd look great at a size 8! But sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone that's a size 10 or above and not tall, I was just agreeing with the girls that said they would look good at a size 10-14 since some people think those sizes are big. I certainly agree that the smallest sizes are not best for everyone!

Sheesh, I ought to stop talking before I put my foot in my mouth again!
icon_rolleyes.gif

my bf is amazed that i don't look the weight that i am. i'm a size 12 in express jeans and a 38c. if i wear dresses, i'm a 14 because i have a wide ribcage/back area. my goal is to be a size 8 though. maybe even a size 6.

Not only do Express clothes run small, the sleeves on their tops must be made for people with abnormally long arms
icon_evil.gif
- They piss me off.

i'm more of a 2 hour glass. lol! j/k. i do have an hour glass shape though. i've got the shoulders/boobs and the hips. and my waist is going down/in now that i've been losing weight.

I wish I were a size 6 again! Try doubling that and thats where I am now... and being I'm only 5'2", it's not a very good look
icon_eek.gif
I used to be thin - I was never "skinny" but I was average... now my legs and arms have blown up over the years, and they only accentuate my already bubble a$$. The only thing I have going is that my waist is still pretty small, and stomach is still relatively flat- but everything that was once 'good parts' have all gone fat...
icon_rolleyes.gif
It's especially hard finding pants that fit, because not only do they have to be short in length, they have to be big enough to fit my butt and hips, but then I giant gap where the waistband sticks out like 4" past my back... hence why I hate shopping for clothes lately.
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I wish I were a size 6 again! Try doubling that and thats where I am now... and being I'm only 5'2", it's not a very good look
icon_eek.gif
I used to be thin - I was never "skinny" but I was average... now my legs and arms have blown up over the years, and they only accentuate my already bubble a$$. The only thing I have going is that my waist is still pretty small, and stomach is still relatively flat- but everything that was once 'good parts' have all gone fat...
icon_rolleyes.gif
It's especially hard finding pants that fit, because not only do they have to be short in length, they have to be big enough to fit my butt and hips, but then I giant gap where the waistband sticks out like 4" past my back... hence why I hate shopping for clothes lately.
icon_neutral.gif
My poor baby....I feel for you...Menopause is not a happy playing ground either! Think how I feel....(no body's ever happy) Janelle, when we hit Lotto, we're doing LIPO !!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
(2-fer)

Back