Thinking about getting implants

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by K*O* My poor baby....I feel for you...Menopause is not a happy playing ground either! Think how I feel....(no body's ever happy) Janelle, when we hit Lotto, we're doing LIPO !!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
(2-fer) Good! Sign me up!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Right now I am happy with my 34B's. And my guy likes them, so I guess I get to save the $5000 new boobs would cost me.

I really want some, im a 34A
frown.gif
my ex-bf loved them but still, I can't wear certain shirts. At first I loved them, I was like whatever, there mine. But then a friend of mine recently made a comment about how tinny my boobs are
frown.gif

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Personally, I have naturally large breasts and it can be really annoying to find clothes that fit right! I don't know what size you are thinking of, but I have the hardest time finding button down shirts/sweaters that look right. Just something to consider.And are you sure that implants are necessary? Have you tried padded/push-up bras? I think some of them can look natural, and would cheaper/safer than having surgery.

And they are heavy. As long as its your decison than go for it.

I'd get implants in almost a heartbeat if I could afford them! It's something I've wanted for years, and since technology and the procedures have improved SO much since, I'd definitely do it! Especially if Dr. Ray was the surgeon! Yummy! LOL!

I don't think there is anything wrong with getting implants if you are doing it for your own personal satisfaction and your positive it is something that you want, I would consider it. Be meticulous about the surgeon you choose. It is true that many doctors will pressure you or talk to you about getting a bigger size than planned. I've noticed this on shows like Dr.90210. I think it is just because they want you to get your money's worth, after all, it is an expensive operation! Either way, good luck!

I think it's acceptable. I always wanted them because I always felt "inadequate". I'm a 32 or 34 B. I don't really think I would ever get them now, just cause the whole surgery part freaks me out, and I'm a constant worrier, so I feel I would always be worried about something happening after I got them. For the most part I'm satisfied with the way I look now, cause Victoria's Secret push-up bras can do wonders. I just wish I could fill out a bathing suit better, that's all. I'm more interested in a nose job first though.

I wouldn´t mind going up one cupsize...but right now my boobs are perfect as they are for their size (34B), no sagging or any other flaws. I´d be crazy to undergo surgery just to go ONE cupsize bigger (and I really couldn´t go larger than a C cup cause I´m skinny, and I fear that I´d already look too much like a human barbie doll with just the C-cup)

But if having kids totally change my boobs in the future (which I know I couln´t handle) I´d get implants for sure. I know I couldn´t look at myself in the mirror anymore if I hate my body

i say if thats something you have thought about and want go for it i got implants 9 years ago and have had no problems it's really important to pick and choose the right surgeon i paid $20000 more than my friend who got hers after me and her boobs look alful and scared up and yes the implants are suppose to be replace around the 10 year mark so im fixing to redo mine and go up a cup size the recovery was easy i was back to work in three days but that all depends on the right surgeon

I used to be really anti-implants because I thought it was a crutch for people to "fix" their self-esteem. I've completely changed my mindset though!

Most of my friends that have gotten the implants have gotten them after childbirth and after looking at what childbirth does to your body, I can completely understand! It's amazing what it can do. Also, my friends that have had them done have been so much happier with themselves afterwards - it just shows you how we're all a product of our environment.

I agree with Amethyst and girl_geek, yeah unless one boob got cancer or got lost somehow i wouldnt do an implant.

I have thought about it since i have small boobs. But when i saw the in person, in the showering are in the swimming pool, i was 100% sure i wont get them... when the girl would bend over, you could see the implant moving around in the skin... that was too alien for me...

And i think i would use the money for something else
biggrin.gif

And in any other way it is just unnecessary, other people have worse problems than some boob that already is a boob.

But i am not against it. Any one who thinks should have it then you should go for it. But be sure to have thought about it for a long time. And be sure to not regret it.

I've had them. Did it for my own satisfaction and only mine. I've never looked back. Love them and so so glad I did it. Went from a 34B to a 34D.

If anybody would like me to PM them with details then let me know.

It hurt. I was uncomfortable for quite a few weeks but.......... Id do it again a million times over

Lorraine

I'm planning to have them in December (if I can come up with all the money)...also getting a tummy tuck at the same time. I've been wanting the tummy tuck for years and the last few years, the boobs.

Originally Posted by mintesa /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with Amethyst and girl_geek, yeah unless one boob got cancer or got lost somehow i wouldnt do an implant.
I have thought about it since i have small boobs. But when i saw the in person, in the showering are in the swimming pool, i was 100% sure i wont get them... when the girl would bend over, you could see the implant moving around in the skin... that was too alien for me...

And i think i would use the money for something else
biggrin.gif

And in any other way it is just unnecessary, other people have worse problems than some boob that already is a boob.

But i am not against it. Any one who thinks should have it then you should go for it. But be sure to have thought about it for a long time. And be sure to not regret it.

sorry but i disagree i mean if your happy with your boobs thats great and yea it might be a waste of money for you since ur are small and perky= perfect but not all people feel that way specialy after child birth so if some one feels like they want to pay to get back what child birth took a way it's not a waste of money matter of fact the best $5000 i ever spent and looking forward in doing so again and about the implants moveing around thats - compared to the nice firm boobs you gain and the new silicone impants are leak proof you can cut it in half and the gel doesnt move and they look and feel very real unlike the so called safer saline so i think if some one need a lil confidence /self esteem boost GO FOR IT

I am in no need for implants haha! I am a size 36D! I REALLY would like some work done on them though. I started to look into getting a lift because I am only 21 and they already sag (having a baby and them just being big caused the problem.

But I think that people can get them and still look very nice. Yes, small boobs can look SO cute on some people, but if you don't mind the recovery and if it would increase your self image, I say do it! But only you can make that decision for yourself
smile.gif
. It's just those gals like Pamela Anderson when the implants are just to big for such a little body I don't like so much.

Originally Posted by han /img/forum/go_quote.gif sorry but i disagree i mean if your happy with your boobs thats great and yea it might be a waste of money for you since ur are small and perky= perfect but not all people feel that way specialy after child birth so if some one feels like they want to pay to get back what child birth took a way it's not a waste of money matter of fact the best $5000 i ever spent and looking forward in doing so again and about the implants moveing around thats - compared to the nice firm boobs you gain and the new silicone impants are leak proof you can cut it in half and the gel doesnt move and they look and feel very real unlike the so called safer saline so i think if some one need a lil confidence /self esteem boost GO FOR IT Well, small and perky may not always be perfect -- yesterday I just bought the first bra in 5 or 6 years that fit me perfectly, and it is a size 36AA! Yeah, a super-hard size to find -- I could only find two brands in the whole mall that made that size at all, and only one of those brands made a nice underwire style. (The other brand only made soft-cup wire-free bras -- those do nothing for me, I might as well not even wear a bra!) Before I bought that bra, I tried on 20 (yes I counted) 36A's and they were all too big! Very frustrating! So I would love it if my boobs were just a little bigger, just so I could buy regular 36A's and have more than one bra in the whole mall that fits!
But I still don't think I could ever bring myself to get implants. I still think it's just giving into society's message that you have to have big boobs to be beautiful. I think that if more people in our society would embrace boobs of all sizes, there would be a lot fewer people getting boob jobs! And while I haven't had kids yet so I don't really know how I will react, I don't think I'd even want to get implants after childbirth. Again, it just seems like our society can't embrace a post-childbirth body as beautiful, so many people think you have to have perky, perfect boobs to really be beautiful! Why can't sagging post-childbirth boobs be beautiful? After all, it's a sign that you have brought a new life into the world -- most people agree that being a mother is one of the best "jobs" there is!
smile.gif
It seems like we are getting better at realizing that you don't have to be super skinny to be beautiful, so if we are accepting waistlines of more varied sizes as beautiful, why can't we accept more sizes and shapes of boobs as beautiful too? I even took out the removable padding from the bra I bought yesterday because I didn't like seeing my boobs looking bigger when I knew it was fake!

Plus, I am way too frugal, I cringed when I bought a $45 bra yesterday, there's no way I'd ever spend thousands of dollars on a boob job!
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

However, like I said, those are just my thoughts. If you truly want to get implants just for yourself -- not for what other people think of you, not for what your significant other wants, not as a way to attract a date, etc. -- then I guess there's nothing wrong with it. It is your body and your money, after all, so if it will make you truly happy, go for it!
wink.gif
I just know I would never do it myself, and just wanted to share my side of the issue!
smile.gif

with all the surgery going around, it's hard to remember what real women used to look like. i always told my sister that if we were born 100 years ago, we would be considered gorgeous instead of average compared to all the surgery enhanced people. i breastfed 3 kids and am not the full "C" cup i once was. i'm barely an "A" now, but i am healthy and love my fully functional breasts and the health benefits that they brought to my children.(didn't that used to be the purpose of women having them?) if you decide to go through with it, do your homework and make sure you do it for the right reasons.

Originally Posted by girl_geek /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, small and perky may not always be perfect -- yesterday I just bought the first bra in 5 or 6 years that fit me perfectly, and it is a size 36AA! Yeah, a super-hard size to find -- I could only find two brands in the whole mall that made that size at all, and only one of those brands made a nice underwire style. (The other brand only made soft-cup wire-free bras -- those do nothing for me, I might as well not even wear a bra!) Before I bought that bra, I tried on 20 (yes I counted) 36A's and they were all too big! Very frustrating! So I would love it if my boobs were just a little bigger, just so I could buy regular 36A's and have more than one bra in the whole mall that fits!
But I still don't think I could ever bring myself to get implants. I still think it's just giving into society's message that you have to have big boobs to be beautiful. I think that if more people in our society would embrace boobs of all sizes, there would be a lot fewer people getting boob jobs! And while I haven't had kids yet so I don't really know how I will react, I don't think I'd even want to get implants after childbirth. Again, it just seems like our society can't embrace a post-childbirth body as beautiful, so many people think you have to have perky, perfect boobs to really be beautiful! Why can't sagging post-childbirth boobs be beautiful? After all, it's a sign that you have brought a new life into the world -- most people agree that being a mother is one of the best "jobs" there is!
smile.gif
It seems like we are getting better at realizing that you don't have to be super skinny to be beautiful, so if we are accepting waistlines of more varied sizes as beautiful, why can't we accept more sizes and shapes of boobs as beautiful too? I even took out the removable padding from the bra I bought yesterday because I didn't like seeing my boobs looking bigger when I knew it was fake!

Plus, I am way too frugal, I cringed when I bought a $45 bra yesterday, there's no way I'd ever spend thousands of dollars on a boob job!
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

However, like I said, those are just my thoughts. If you truly want to get implants just for yourself -- not for what other people think of you, not for what your significant other wants, not as a way to attract a date, etc. -- then I guess there's nothing wrong with it. It is your body and your money, after all, so if it will make you truly happy, go for it!
wink.gif
I just know I would never do it myself, and just wanted to share my side of the issue!
smile.gif

i can respect and see how you feel the way you do since you have not had kids and your boobs are small but perky and one day when your body changes after child birth maybe then you can understand how i see things diffrently and its has nothing to do with thinking bigger boobs are more beautiful

Originally Posted by han /img/forum/go_quote.gif i can respect and see how you feel the way you do since you have not had kids and your boobs are small but perky and one day when your body changes after child birth maybe then you can understand how i see things diffrently and its has nothing to do with thinking bigger boobs are more beautiful Hey, I was trying to say that small and perky isn't that great if they're too small!
wink.gif
When I can only find one bra in the whole mall that fits, and when according to sizing charts in catalogs my bust is 2 sizes smaller than my waist, then yeah, I'd love to have some bigger boobs just so clothes and bras will fit and I will be more in proportion
smile.gif
(Of course, my hips are 3 sizes smaller than my waist... I just have no curves anywhere! lol) So "small and perky" is not always as great as it sounds!
However, I can also understand how someone would be sad about the changes their body goes through after childbirth. I've gained almost 30 lbs in the last 4 years (the first 15 or 20 lbs I needed to gain, but not the last few pounds), and now it doesn't exactly make me happy to look in the mirror and see growing tummy rolls, and to keep buying pants a size bigger each year
frown.gif
(Especially when my boobs haven't got any bigger!)So I can understand that sagging boobs would be upsetting too! But, surgery just seems too drastic for my personal taste. As long as I can find a decent bra to hold the boobies in place, I *think* I will be fine (though you're right, I don't know for sure until I get there!). I also know hubby will always like my body which is a great confidence booster -- he is always telling me how much he loves my boobs even though I think they're too small, and how much he loves my body as a whole even though I complain about my growing waistline!
smile.gif

But honestly, it's not just boob jobs, I don't think I could bring myself to undergo any kind of cosmetic surgery! (Reconstructive surgery, like fixing burn scars or something, is a different story though!) I do want to look good (otherwise I wouldn't be on this site learing about mu
wink.gif
), but surgery is just too drastic for me! If other people want to do it, that's fine, like I said it's they're body and they're money! I just wouldn't do it for myself!
smile.gif

Back