This is definitely a sign that I shop too much..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got back from Norstroms. I went to buy a purse this time, but sad for me that the purses are next to the cosmetics department. Somehow or another, I ended up in cosmetics and was looking at some of the Smashbox and Too Faced items. I found a few items that looked interesting and ended up buying a few things. After my sale was over one more item caught my eye, I asked the SA to show it to me and the counter manager from SB came over and asked me what I was doing. When I told her, she looked in my bag and told the SA not to sell me anything else. Then she told me to go home. So I did!!
icon_lol.gif

Just for the record, the manager knows about my mu addiction and she also knows that I own over 400 e/s already (among many other things)... she's trying to save me from myself so she def wasnt being mean. I actually appreciate her doing that. Still, it was unusual since they work on commission.
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I just got back from Norstroms. I went to buy a purse this time, but sad for me that the purses are next to the cosmetics department. Somehow or another, I ended up in cosmetics and was looking at some of the Smashbox and Too Faced items. I found a few items that looked interesting and ended up buying a few things. After my sale was over one more item caught my eye, I asked the SA to show it to me and the counter manager from SB came over and asked me what I was doing. When I told her, she looked in my bag and told the SA not to sell me anything else. Then she told me to go home. So I did!!
icon_lol.gif

Just for the record, the manager knows about my mu addiction and she also knows that I own over 400 e/s already (among many other things)... she's trying to save me from myself so she def wasnt being mean. I actually appreciate her doing that. Still, it was unusual since they work on commission.
icon_redface.gif

LOL, that's hilarious Tracey! I've never heard of a SA turning down sales for the sake of someone's makeup addiction. Good to know someone's lookin' out for you, huh?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Definitely unusual! But that lady is such a sweetie. I truly believe that she actually cares about her customers. I've never met anyone (in sales) like her before. Nordstroms is lucky to have her.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux LOL, that's hilarious Tracey! I've never heard of a SA turning down sales for the sake of someone's makeup addiction. Good to know someone's lookin' out for you, huh?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Definitely unusual! But that lady is such a sweetie. I truly believe that she actually cares about her customers. I've never met anyone (in sales) like her before. Nordstroms is lucky to have her.
smile.gif
It's sales associates like that that make me go BACK to the counter. I've dealt with snobby SAs in the past who just try to intimidate (so strange, because in my mind, why would you want to scare a customer off with your attitude??). I love it when I can have an actual conversation with the sales person & receive helpful info that actually applies to what I need, what my budget it etc.
Oh hey, what did you end up getting at Smashbox & Too Faced, btw? Post your haul!
smile.gif

I know what you mean. I dont understand why some of them act that way. Its so ridiculous!

I'm gonna post my haul... I'd love to show you all what I got. Gonna take a couple of pics... posting shortly!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux It's sales associates like that that make me go BACK to the counter. I've dealt with snobby SAs in the past who just try to intimidate (so strange, because in my mind, why would you want to scare a customer off with your attitude??). I love it when I can have an actual conversation with the sales person & receive helpful info that actually applies to what I need, what my budget it etc.
Oh hey, what did you end up getting at Smashbox & Too Faced, btw? Post your haul!
smile.gif

OMG Tracey, that's hysterical. That's what I call GREAT CS! She's got the camaraderie of a fellow MU addict to "intervene."
smile.gif

Isn't it? I love that lady!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
She was right to send me home!

Originally Posted by Jennifer that's hilarious, tracey!

Yeah, I swear she sure does! I'm kind of glad she sent me home.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha OMG Tracey, that's hysterical. That's what I call GREAT CS! She's got the camaraderie of a fellow MU addict to "intervene."
smile.gif

This sounds so much like me. I can make a late night trip to walmart for school supplies or something else and the next thing I know I'm wondering the cosmetic aisles wondering what I should get
smile.gif

*spits coffee all over keyboard* OMG Tracey, thats hilarious. What a nice SA though. She sounds more like a friend than an SA!

I know. I really adore her!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Laura *spits coffee all over keyboard* OMG Tracey, thats hilarious. What a nice SA though. She sounds more like a friend than an SA!

Its really hard to resist. Who can say 'no' to a pretty color?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by FairyRave This sounds so much like me. I can make a late night trip to walmart for school supplies or something else and the next thing I know I'm wondering the cosmetic aisles wondering what I should get
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Its really hard to resist. Who can say 'no' to a pretty color?
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I wish someone would stop me ! LOL No, actually ... I don't ! LOL But maybe if they did I wouldn't have a million brown eyeshadows! LOL
icon_redface.gif

That's terrible that those SAs tried to get over on your Dad like that. I'm glad he didnt give in.

it really bugs me when SAs try to sell me things that I really dont need just for the sake of making a sale and getting that commission. I know that's their job to do that, but by the same token, if I'm sold something that I dont really need or want, I'm going to end up returning it anyway.
icon_frown.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Wow, what a nice MA!!
on a negative note, the SA's in the MAC store near me tried to force my Dad to buy the traincase for me at Christmas (at £225 I dont think so!!), and they knew I didnt like it and I had all the MU i wanted from them, so they were obviously after a sale and thought he'd be gullible enough! Luckily hes not daft enough to spend that kinda money on a case (esp since my current traincase is a toolbox that cost £21 from a hardware store!)

Originally Posted by Trisha I dont force my customers into things they dont need/want either, cos if they hate the item, they will remember the pushy service and probably not return. I totally agree. That's what i was like with my customers - never pushy. If you listen to them and sell them what they need with a good level of customer service, then they will return to you. In turn you have a better relationship with the customer as they are likely to come back to you.I can't stand the SA's who are out to sell you all-sorts, and treat you like you're ignorant.

That's some great CS. I haven't found any really nice, sweet MA/SA's here yet. Well, there's one but I don't think she comes up to me to deter me from purchasing!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back