This really annoys the heck out of me!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nox

Reaction score
People who touch my hair/head.

Not just family and friends (that annoys me too), but random complete strangers. If you are not my lover/mother/hair dresser, you do not have permission to touch my hair whenever you feel like it.

I always thought that was so gosh darn rude to do it it to people, so why do strangers do that to me? Today, I was very rudely startled by someone who I caught in the act of trying to touch my hair. I was outside sitting down on a cement banister trying to get my purse in order before walking back to my car. Out of the blue, I feel this hot and musky, garbage-smelling breath from behind me.
kater.gif
I was getting ready to turn around and tell the dude to back up a bit out of my personal space. Turns out... it was a woman! With her hand getting ready to touch something on me...my head presumably, since she already had her hand buried in my hair (I was having a big poofy hair day today, so that's why I didn't feel something immediately)

First off, how do ladies walk around with foul stank breath like that?
zombie.gif
Is there not a sense of embarrassment about the bad breath?
redsealed.gif
Did she even brush her mouth today?!??
scared.gif
I mean, dayum! Usually that would keep people from coming to close to you, but nope, the not-so-fresh ones always wanna walk right up to ya!
irked.gif

Anyway, I just find it so rude that she felt like it was okay to touch me like that. A person's hair is as much a part of them as their leg or arm. Then she had the freaking nerve to ask me "That all yours?" I didn't say anything at that time, but I'm just now thinking to myself *Yep! And this big hair can be all yours too for free if you comb you hair our with an egg-beater.*
wacko.gif
I really wasn't feeling good about my out-of-control hair today, and that incident has made me a little bit more self-conscious as I rarely every wear it down in public. I wish I could think of a snappy answer to say out loud in these kinds of situations, but now that I've had a few hours to stew over it, I just wanna go back and say stuff to her. Grrr.
motz.gif

But anyhow, as I am standing there kind of taken aback, again she continues to try to reach for my head. I said, "I don't know you. Stop touching me." I hightailed it to my car. I think I could have been a lot smoother with my response, but I was caught so off-guard by her blatant invasion of my personal space, that I was flustered.
nixweiss.gif

If you were in that situation, what would you have done?
unsure.gif

same. i probably would have ran. i swear people are getting ruder. thats an invasion of space. i would NEVER do that to a stranger.

Nox, I feel your pain baby!!! OMG....Grrrrrr!!!!
scream3.gif
I have waist length hair and I do get a lot of compliments on it because I take really good care of my hair....its my best asset. No matter how fat and ugly I get or feel my hair has always been there for me...lol. I cannot stand when people (strangers) feel that they can just come up to me and pet me like I am some kind of animal. Keep your freakin hands to yourself!!! Grrrrrrrr!!!!
pissoff.gif

It doesn't so much bother me if its a friend or family member, but when its somebody I don't know it makes me feel so uncomfortable. I can't stand it and often make sure they know I don't like them touching me..

That is freaky Nox...I do have coworkers that play with my hair at work,and its people I have worked with for 10 or more years that I am friends with.If it were a stranger,then no no no

Nox, (and I mean this with all seriousness) you shoulda punched her in her muh phuckin throat!

A friend of my nieces weave-checked me at my kitchen table one time. I had already drew back to punch her, but JESUS grabbed my hand long enough for me to remember that she was only 13.

Oh my gosh, I can STAND when people do that!!! If a stranger had done that to me, I don't know what I would have done, tbo- gone postal, basically....

I basically would have politely told her to get out of my personal space. But I don't have hair that is my crowning glory.

Originally Posted by Jessica_Ann /img/forum/go_quote.gif I cannot stand when people (strangers) feel that they can just come up to me and pet me like I am some kind of animal. Keep your freakin hands to yourself!!! Grrrrrrrr!!!!
pissoff.gif
Aye aye!
applaus.gif

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I wish i had hair people would randomly touch.
frown.gif
When it finally happens, you may not feel that way anymore. When it's with children, that is totally different. But with grown adults, you might feel as if it were a real invasion of your personal space and feel a bit threatened by it, especially if they make it seem like you're a zoo attraction.

Originally Posted by yourleoqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nox, (and I mean this with all seriousness) you shoulda punched her in her muh phuckin throat!
A friend of my nieces weave-checked me at my kitchen table one time. I had already drew back to punch her, but JESUS grabbed my hand long enough for me to remember that she was only 13.

LOL @ *muh phuckin* and *Jesus*. You gotta watch those youngins these days, they get saucy and try to slip hands where they shouldn't.
nono.gif

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif I basically would have politely told her to get out of my personal space. But I don't have hair that is my crowning glory. This is a good suggestion, thank you. I am going to try and use that next time instead of "I don't know you. Stop touching me." It's not very lady-like at all, it just came out sort of reflexively.

I've never had it happen. I've had people comment on my long hair. Its at my hips now but never touch it. I don't think I would like it. I have serious issues with my space.

most of the time. than proceed to ask me what i use on my hair. HELLO, firstly, it's MY hair. secondly, part of me, ok, even though it grew out of my scalp and that it doesnt have feelings, i happen to love it a lot. thirdly, what the f**king hell are you doing??? fetishes???

i totally hate it!!

oh! i always tell them : pls dearie/honey, grow your own and get your mother-f****ing claws outta me precious precious. ( in a real sarcastic tone) than rush home asap to wash my hair. urgh! i fell violated and after washing it, i still feel it! ya' know... the feel.. URGH, i think im gonna barf

people do this to me all the time! it's the weirdest thing! even my step mom snuck up behind me once and touched my hair. i wonder if she thought i didn't know? it kind of freaked me out, to tell the truth. people will even come up to me and ask if they can touch my hair. HELL NO!!! i don't know you or where your hands have been! GET AWAY FROM ME! what in the world are they expecting? this is very strange, but i'm glad to know i'm not alone!

Originally Posted by yourleoqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nox, (and I mean this with all seriousness) you shoulda punched her in her muh phuckin throat!

PRAISE THE LORD!

I have realy long and thick hair, but no one has really came up and just started touching. I have had many of my female co-workers ask if they could touch it, and I've had creepy older men tell me tht they love my hair and what not. But none of that really bothers me.

It probaly would botherme if someone touched it w/out asking. I do't really like my hair touched in th first place.

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif people do this to me all the time! it's the weirdest thing! even my step mom snuck up behind me once and touched my hair. i wonder if she thought i didn't know? it kind of freaked me out, to tell the truth. people will even come up to me and ask if they can touch my hair. HELL NO!!! i don't know you or where your hands have been! GET AWAY FROM ME! what in the world are they expecting? this is very strange, but i'm glad to know i'm not alone! Please say it again! I have been at the sink in public bathrooms too many times and seen some nasty heffalump come out of the stall, fluff her hair and go right on out the door never even thinking about soap and water to be okay with people putting their hands anywhere on me. Keep ya pissy paws to ya damn self, puh-leeze.
I'm tellin y'all, start punching these hair molesters they'll quit that mess.
hardslap.gif

I can't stand when people touch me period, I get freaked when someone picks lint off me lol. I honestly probably would have said Eww, WTF! outloud and then ran away like she was trying to kidnap me

Originally Posted by yourleoqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif Please say it again! I have been at the sink in public bathrooms too many times and seen some nasty heffalump come out of the stall, fluff her hair and go right on out the door never even thinking about soap and water to be okay with people putting their hands anywhere on me. Keep ya pissy paws to ya damn self, puh-leeze.
I'm tellin y'all, start punching these hair molesters they'll quit that mess. http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...n/hardslap.gif

OMG! Don't say anymore about people going to the bathroom and not washing hands. I have already been traumatized once, and I have not fully been the same. Now I don't trust anybody with their hands, and I don't like to shake 'em either. Yuck!
Hair is one of those things that kinda hangs onto bacteria, and it can get on your face, in your mouth and food, and eyes and cause infections and pimples. Horrible horrible.

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif OMG! Don't say anymore about people going to the bathroom and not washing hands. I have already been traumatized once, and I have not fully been the same. Now I don't trust anybody with their hands, and I don't like to shake 'em either. Yuck!
Hair is one of those things that kinda hangs onto bacteria, and it can get on your face, in your mouth and food, and eyes and cause infections and pimples. Horrible horrible.

why.gif

Nox, me an you ain't friends no mo! 'If it's yellow let it mellow...' FOUL! But you see whaimsayin righhh?!
laughing.gif

lol.. I think different cultures have different levels of what is considered personal space, like different measurements. It totally freaks me out when people get in my space. Like wtf man, you can talk to me without getting so close.

I don't mind most people touching my hair, as in, a work colleague or a friend or family member, but a random stranger?! WTF man! get the hell off me! I'd assume they were going to steal my bag or something! why else would you touch a stranger! ah!

Originally Posted by yourleoqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/yourleoqueen/why.gif
Nox, me an you ain't friends no mo! 'If it's yellow let it mellow...' FOUL! But you see whaimsayin righhh?!
laughing.gif

add_wegbrech.gif
Yep!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol.. I think different cultures have different levels of what is considered personal space, like different measurements. That is true. When I go to other countries, I try to mimic what everybody else does in terms of measuring personal space. The thing is, this person kinda violated the rules of decency immediately. Coming up from behind a person is not a good element of surprise if you're a complete stranger. Nor is putting your fist near someone's head. All I can say was it creeped me out.

Latest posts

Back