Thrift shopping

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is anyone else addicted to thrift/vintage/consignment shopping. I love it.

Last week I got a pair of Charles Jourdan black pumps for 1.00. They are barley worn (maybe 2 times) and they fit great. I have gotten 3 pairs of brand new birkies at my local Hospice thrift shop for 1.00 pair. Wednesday I got 3 really neat sleeveless tops for 3.00. DH swears it is the thrill of the hunt for me. My best deals are Movado museum watch for 1.00 and a sterling silver bracelet for 1.00.

Me too!!! I've found the greatest stuff at thrift stores. I'm really lucky to live in an area with a ton of them. When I go clothing or shoe shopping I always check the thrift stores before looking at anything new. I think it is better to reuse old stuff rather than throwing it out and buying everything new. It is better for the environment and saves money too!

Originally Posted by katrink Is anyone else addicted to thrift/vintage/consignment shopping. I love it.Last week I got a pair of Charles Jourdan black pumps for 1.00. They are barley worn (maybe 2 times) and they fit great. I have gotten 3 pairs of brand new birkies at my local Hospice thrift shop for 1.00 pair. Wednesday I got 3 really neat sleeveless tops for 3.00. DH swears it is the thrill of the hunt for me. My best deals are Movado museum watch for 1.00 and a sterling silver bracelet for 1.00.

YaY! I love thrift shopping! I scored a vintage Chanel cocktail bag for $20...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by ikebana YaY! I love thrift shopping! I scored a vintage Chanel cocktail bag for $20...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

wow,lucky you!!!!!!!!
claps.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Liz have you tried looking in the yellow pages for thrift or secondhand shops, sometimes they are in the most unlikely places. Also check out church thrift shops they sometimes have very nice stuff for very cheap. Hospital thrift shops are great too, alot of times doctors and doctors wives donate to them.

Originally Posted by katrink Liz have you tried looking in the yellow pages for thrift or secondhand shops, sometimes they are in the most unlikely places. Also check out church thrift shops they sometimes have very nice stuff for very cheap. Hospital thrift shops are great too, alot of times doctors and doctors wives donate to them. yeah, there are only a couple around here. i hit them up awhile ago because i had always heard people finding these great things.

Thats too bad, we have tons around here and sometimes I get lucky and sometimes I strike out. Yesterday was a strike out day.

they mostly suck around here... the last time i truly went was when i was searching for stuff for my sister's photo shoot and i completely bombed out... there were just so many people and the stuff wasn't organized very well... i get frustrated in TJ Maxx so i guess i should have known...

i am really into mixing vintage 1940's-early 60's with modern pieces. there are some really great vintage clothing stores near me in richomond, va and in baltimore, md (i live in dc). the south has a great array of vintage i think. atlanta has a lot of great stuff. we have lots of estate sales in dc too. big mansions that people haven't been through since the 20's in some cases!

I like browsing around the thrift stores...there arequite a few around here...most have some really good stuff, I have gotten some$1 shoes and $5 dresses ...works good for me..

I adore thrift stores!! I have bought: a fake coach purse; a pair of ambercombie and fitch pants;and a Lovcat wallet. Goodwill is a awesome place to shop!!

I like the idea of thrift shopping, but the stores in my area suck. And you have to dig through so much before finding the hidden gems. I wish I was lucky enough to find a Chanel bag! Geez! Lucky girls!

i moved from the midwest to the seattle region. oh my god, being i was a thrift store junkie before, now its like vintage and and thrift stores everywhere! now like 3/4 of my closet is from a thrift store. its a passion of mine personally.

I am with you there Retro Violet. I LOVE thriftstores. My closet is over flowing with outfits thanks to thrift stores. I have close to 80 pairs of jeans and about 72 of them are designers and guess what? If i calculate the price of all of them they wouldnt be up to $50.00. The best idea when it comes to thrift shopping is to go when they have special sales. For example my thriftstore has colored tag sales. the orange tags are all 50 cents, the blue tags are all 50% off and the green tages are 75% off. On those days, I go crazy!

::sighs::

i never been to one because i don't have one around my area, but it seems like u can get a lot of goodies for less there.

I love both thrift stores and garage sales, I just can't pass up a bargain. My best find at a garage sale, an original Coach handbag for $3. I thought it might have been a pricing error, I grabbed that thing so fast, paid and left. I didn't even look anymore, I was afraid they would change their minds. :)

I havent been to a thrift store in a while...time for another SHOPPING SPREE!

This is one of my greatest passions! I'm one of those people standing outside before the doors open. Love my bargains.

oh i have to mention this is one of the coolest things ive ever found in a thrift store. a j crew cashmire sweater thats bright pink for $10. practically brand new too.

Latest posts

Back