Tinted moisturizers for oily skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's some really good tinted moisturizers for super oily skin? I'm 13 and my skin is super super oily,I don't really wear makeup but I want to find a good tinted moisturizer that I could wear matte powder over. I have very very pale skin. So.. Yeah I can't think of much more to say,please reply! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Laura Mercier has a great one that is oil free but it's pricey. Boots is usually a good drugstore brand from England and they have good products. I haven't tried their tinted moisturizer though but the line is available at Target. Also if you use a primer under the tinted moisturizer it would help keep the skin more fresh through out the day. Neutrogena also is a good brand and has a tinted moisturizer with SPF in it. Covergirl is another good brand and they have a tinted moisturizer as well. Phycisian's formula has a tinted organic moisturizer if you are looking for a natural alternative. I personally lean towards natural/organic options whenever available to stay away from chemicals. All these are drugstore brands and available at Target, Ulta and probably Walmart too. Many of the lines I mentioned have primers too that help to extend the wear of the tinted moisturizer.

I have yet to find a good tinted moisturizer for super oily skin. I also have oily skin and have tried everything out there. Most tinted moisturizers are geared toward the normal/dry crowd. I did find a good primer/makeup for oily skin. It's called Per-fekt, but it's really expensive. You can get a travel sized version of it for $17.50 US from sephora. I love that stuff, just wish it wasnt so expensive!

IMHO, I think you're better off using a good moisturizer for oily skin and just using mineral makeup. I use Alba Botanicals Hydrating oil control lotion and then ELF's mineral makeup. Less than $30US for both and get the same results!

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have yet to find a good tinted moisturizer for super oily skin.
This.

I would try a powder foundation if I were you.

I Agree with an Above comment about the Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer , However it is in fact pricey! But honey since your young i wouldnt even bother with all that! Clean and Clear offers an awesome SPF moisturizer since you said you have fair skin! and it is oil-free! and you can always set that in with powder, to give a mattee look. Also the Clean & Clear blotting sheets are great for oily skin! 

I too have oily skin and I use light mineral foundation and it works perfect with my oily skin because it doesn't clog my pores and it has great oil control. If you want to sheer it out even more you can mix your mineral foundation with your oil free moisturizer and that will make a nice tinted moisturizer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. It works for me well

I currently use Elite Mineral Foundation, which is a light coverage mineral foundation and Revlon Color Stay Mineral Foundation alternately, which is great at controlling oils and lasts long :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is covergirls nature luxe foundation good for oily skin? I can get it in the supermarket near us and it's super cheap. Almost everything mentioned above I haven't seen near me. I think nature luxe foundation is supposed to be quite sheer.. Which is kind of good because I don't want to look like I'm wearing tons of makeup at my age,just something to cover my red skin and dark circles. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back