Tinted Moisturizers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Any recs for tinted moisturizers? I'm looking to experiment with brands other than Stila. I'm also wondering if there are any really good TMs out there that don't cost $28 and above! Maybe it's just me but I think $38 for a tube of Laura Mercier TM is just ridiculous.

So, any one tried other brands, such as Hard Candy, etc? Thanks for your opinions!
icon_biggrin.gif

I was gonna recommend LM but only from hearing raves from others! I havent tried it myself but holy lord $38 sounds really expensive for a tinted moisturiser. Hope the other girls can help you out Jess!

Originally Posted by charms23 I use MAC's tinted moisturizer and it works pretty well for me. I have dry skin but even at the end of the day my skin is still moisturized. Plus, it's only $22.
M3H2_261.jpg

I recently got a sample of this and am really liking it.Other than that, i too would have recommended the Laura Mercier one as i have read good reviews about it.

Hope you find a good one soon!

Ok sorry to go off the topic but does anyone else think that most of MAC's foundation's look ugly.. Like take the tinted moisturiser for example. How ugly does that look?!

Originally Posted by Laura Ok sorry to go off the topic but does anyone else think that most of MAC's foundation's look ugly.. Like take the tinted moisturiser for example. How ugly does that look?! The packaging? Yeah, i agree, it's not very appealing is it?!!

Don't know how fond you are of Drugstore stuff, but during the summer (when my skin is usually tanner & clearer looking) I always use CoverGirl CG Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer. I love it! It gives a little coverage, so you don't waste $ to look like you have nothing on .... but yet it's not like a thick makeup, so you don't look like you have a mask on. Its very moisturizing, and evens out skintones great! I like also that you don't have to get an EXACT color match. They come in general shades (I think 4 in all) Light, light/med., med./dark, Deep etc. I usually use the light/med & mix it with deep. You can play around with it.. but its the best I've tried so far for my skin, and it's like $5 or less. Can't go wrong!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Well I guess you're looking to get away from Stila, but I just got their tinted moisturizer and really like it. It provides a bit of coverage (enough for no makeup days for me), has SPF, and keeps my skin smooth.

I've also tried Neutrogena's tinted moisturizer and I like that as well. I really like all of Neutrogena's skin care products!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Don't know how fond you are of Drugstore stuff, but during the summer (when my skin is usually tanner & clearer looking) I always use CoverGirl CG Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer. I love it! It gives a little coverage, so you don't waste $ to look like you have nothing on .... but yet it's not like a thick makeup, so you don't look like you have a mask on. Its very moisturizing, and evens out skintones great! I like also that you don't have to get an EXACT color match. They come in general shades (I think 4 in all) Light, light/med., med./dark, Deep etc. I usually use the light/med & mix it with deep. You can play around with it.. but its the best I've tried so far for my skin, and it's like $5 or less. Can't go wrong!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
YES!!! i used it ALL last summer. i LOVE it. i bought it because of the reviews i read.
i used stila's and didn't find it all that, but good enough.

I really like MAC's tinted moisturizer. It's a light coverage, but can be builadable. It evens out my skin tone, but doesn't look like I have a bunch of foundation on. I always moisturize before using it though because I have dry skin.

My fave TM is Sonia Kashuk Hydro Tint. I think it's $12 a Target for 2oz. I think - but don't hold me to the amount. It's great! Provides good coverage, doesn't feel heavy, and controls oil.

I've also mixed my loose minerals with my regular moisturizer, and I love the effect it gives.

HTH!
smile.gif

Awww... I want to get all of those and try them! I can't use MAC though b/c for some reason it makes my skin irritated- I break out immediately after contact!
icon_sad.gif
And I'd love to try SK but we don't have Target here.
icon_sad.gif
But I'm going to Vegas in May so maybe I'll pick one up there!
icon_biggrin.gif

I've tried LM, Stila, and Hard Candy (once in store @ Sephora). I really like LM and Stila but was just looking for something a little less expensive. I liked HC's Hint Tint but I've heard it's not good for oily faces, and I have an oily T-Zone. I love the smell though, Kim, don't you? Smells like cookies.
icon_biggrin.gif

I will def try CG and Neutrogena for the time being. Thanks for the rec bonbon; I didn't even know Neutrogena had a TM!
icon_redface.gif

It's funny that I use TM now (if anything @ all) since I used to use pretty heavy foundation daily since I was a teenager. But then again, I had a lot of little pimples back then. Now, my breakouts are few and far between. Thank God!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hey! You have to try Almay's Sport Tinted moist.. it's the best I've tried. Stays on all day, doesn't move. It's pretty cheap.. 7 bucks !!!!

Thanks for the rec Scarlette! I'll be sure to check that one out too!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Scarlette Hey! You have to try Almay's Sport Tinted moist.. it's the best I've tried. Stays on all day, doesn't move. It's pretty cheap.. 7 bucks !!!!

Originally Posted by Scarlette Hey! You have to try Almay's Sport Tinted moist.. it's the best I've tried. Stays on all day, doesn't move. It's pretty cheap.. 7 bucks !!!! What do you think of Benefit's You Rebel? I have been wanting to try it but don't know if it is any good. Its a bit on the pricey side too.

you rebel is kind of dark for me and it makes me look weird even though i'm on the darker side...
frown.gif

i just saw benefit has a foundation that says it's light. it's the one you get for free if you buy anything from their site.

how is that one scarlette?

Trisha: How do you like the stila tinted moisturizer on people? i'm more on the dry side of combo skin. there's one on ebay that i want to try to score! hehe. it's i "tone" which looks like it might be a good match for me.

do you think i would be tone or medium? i'm nc35 in mac, and i tan, so i'll be getting darker too.

i might be 40 watts in the illuminating foundation if that helps.

yeah, i'm gonna go to a big mall tomorrow
icon_twisted.gif
so i'm gonna check it out. do they give samples or anything?

Yes, the lightweight foundation from Benefit is FREE with any purchase. I posted the link a few days ago, I shall bump it up again. I really do like it, it's very fresh.. kinda minty when you put it on. I really love it! I gives a silky matte finish too. Might as well try it since it's literally being given away!

Originally Posted by jamiefox I really think you will like Sonya Kashuk Hydrotint SPF 15.It's a great tinted moisturizer at a great price!

It's availble at Target stores and is less then $15

Welcome Jamiefox! I'm Janelle (From NY) nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back