Tiny little haul today...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went shopping today and since I have only a few brands to choose from at the stores near me, I ended up buying some Lancome and Clinique products - both of which I have alway proclaimed to HATE!!! Funny how you can change your mind when you have no other choices available. Anyway, here is my small haul - not much, but I'm pleased. I've also included a picture of the Prescriptives lipstick palette that I bought from a CCO store. After I got home, I attempted to try the colors on and I was totally disgusted when I opened the package. The picture is exactly as it looked when I opened it tonite.....

The items are:

Clinique True Bronze Bronzing powder

Clinique Stay-Matte powder

Lancome Ombre Perfecteur (this is supposed to be a better base than UD PP.... yeah, right!!
icon_rolleyes.gif
)

Of course the palette is the nasty Prescriptives lipstick palette
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I went shopping today and since I have only a few brands to choose from at the stores near me, I ended up buying some Lancome and Clinique products - both of which I have alway proclaimed to HATE!!! Funny how you can change your mind when you have no other choices available. Anyway, here is my small haul - not much, but I'm pleased. I've also included a picture of the Prescriptives lipstick palette that I bought from a CCO store. After I got home, I attempted to try the colors on and I was totally disgusted when I opened the package. The picture is exactly as it looked when I opened it tonite..... The items are:

Lancome Ombre Perfecteur (this is supposed to be a better base than UD PP.... yeah, right!!
icon_rolleyes.gif
)

eek.gif

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! How disappointing is that! I may never buy Prescriptives again. There's no excuse for that.

I swear. I called the store to complain, but of course there's nothing they could've done at that point. I still had to call anyway cuz that was just nasty! That HAD to have been the tester. But how could it have gotten repackaged? That makes me think that they re-sell returned items or something. Totally gross!!!

Originally Posted by spazbaby Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! How disappointing is that! I may never buy Prescriptives again. There's no excuse for that.

That's so gross looking! I guess it's one of the cons of getting stuff from CCO - can you take it back? I'd be pissed and wanting a refund!

But on a happier note, I've heard great stuff about that Clinique bronzer, and I hope to take a look at it myself sometime soon!
smile.gif

OMG!!!
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

you definitely have to check the stuff you buy at a CCO!

try to return that shit!

Hell yeah I'm taking that back!!! I called the store and told them to expect it!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
YUCK!!!

The bronzer was not really planned. I'd looked at a magazine while I was out shopping (stopped for lunch) and I saw that. It really looked amazing so I headed over to Dillards and grabbed it. Also, I was told that it is LE, so that made it even more appealing. Funny how LE increases the 'want' value of these kind of things.
icon_twisted.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme That's so gross looking! I guess it's one of the cons of getting stuff from CCO - can you take it back? I'd be pissed and wanting a refund!
But on a happier note, I've heard great stuff about that Clinique bronzer, and I hope to take a look at it myself sometime soon!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I swear. I called the store to complain, but of course there's nothing they could've done at that point. I still had to call anyway cuz that was just nasty! That HAD to have been the tester. But how could it have gotten repackaged? That makes me think that they re-sell returned items or something. Totally gross!!! I'm so disgusted. It actually gave me goosebumps. I had a similar experience with a LE Revlon lip palette I bought at Target. Thankfully, they let me return it. It was the one time I didn't check the packaging carefully to make sure it hadn't been opened. But with higher end stuff, I don't think you should have to check.

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Funny how LE increases the 'want' value of these kind of things.
icon_twisted.gif
Ain't that the truth?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I went shopping today and since I have only a few brands to choose from at the stores near me, I ended up buying some Lancome and Clinique products - both of which I have alway proclaimed to HATE!!! Funny how you can change your mind when you have no other choices available. Anyway, here is my small haul - not much, but I'm pleased. I've also included a picture of the Prescriptives lipstick palette that I bought from a CCO store. After I got home, I attempted to try the colors on and I was totally disgusted when I opened the package. The picture is exactly as it looked when I opened it tonite..... The items are:

icon_rolleyes.gif
)

eek.gif

You bought that from the store!?!? I had to re-read that!! I thought you got that used on Ebay or something from that pic!!! OMG!! Looks like someone was trying to eat the damn thing!
eek.gif

Yeah I was. its a nice palette and I'm really not a Prescriptives kind of girl. I lost my prescriptives virginity to THAT!!!???
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol I am sorry Tracy. I am sure that you were vey disappointed.

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I lost my prescriptives virginity to THAT!!!???
icon_eek.gif
LMAO!!!!

I dont think you'd have to check high-end either!! They're supposed to trash returns and be a bit more careful with the testers (I'm not sure which is the case). But then again, the palette came from the CCO so I guess they're not as diligent about being sanitary.
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by spazbaby I'm so disgusted. It actually gave me goosebumps. I had a similar experience with a LE Revlon lip palette I bought at Target. Thankfully, they let me return it. It was the one time I didn't check the packaging carefully to make sure it hadn't been opened. But with higher end stuff, I don't think you should have to check.

I will from now on. That's just gross!!
icon_mad.gif

Originally Posted by Liz OMG!!!
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

you definitely have to check the stuff you buy at a CCO!

try to return that shit!

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I lost my prescriptives virginity to THAT!!!???
icon_eek.gif
LMAO!!!!!!!
icon_lol.gif
Worse than a bad prom huh? lol

LOL!!!! I think someone did eat it!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 You bought that from the store!?!? I had to re-read that!! I thought you got that used on Ebay or something from that pic!!! OMG!! Looks like someone was trying to eat the damn thing!
eek.gif

Yeah I tried the bronzer out tonite and I'm totally loving it!!! I'm gonna review it after I give it a road test tomorrow!!

Originally Posted by Charmaine UGH! That palette looks so gross. Ew ew ew. The bronzer, on the other hand, looks pretty good!

You can say that again!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 LMAO!!!!!!!
icon_lol.gif
Worse than a bad prom huh? lol

Sorry to hear about the palette. That is ridiculous. You don't expect anything like this to happen in a department strore. YUCK!
frown.gif

Ew, can't believe they sold you a palette that looked like that!

But at least you can take it back.

And the bronzer looks cool! I totally agree on how LE is stuff is always so much more appealing than the normal stuff!!

Latest posts

Back