Tips For Lips

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tips for Lips

By Erin Williams

Are your lips so dry that you’re afraid if you kiss someone you’ll cut them? We’ve all been there. Here are some tips for those smooth smackers you’ve been missing.

– Get a cool air humidifier. This is good for your whole body actually. And also while you sleep, it will keep your heater from sucking the life out of your precious pout.

rosebud.jpg

– Keep a good lip balm, I like Kiehl’s and Rosebud Salve, on your nightstand so that you don’t have an excuse not to put it on before you go to bed. Use it every night.
– If people are mistaking your lips for the surface of the moon, get some Vaseline and smear it on your mouth and watch a TV show for half an hour (or read a book, or exercise – whatever you would like to do that’s not as mind numbing smarty pants). Take a children’s toothbrush and GENTLY brush it across your lips for about a minute. Wipe off the Vaseline, rinse off any remaining residue, and apply a healthy amount of your fancy lip balm.

– Invest in tinted lip balms that are shea butter based – N.V. Perricone, Remede, Urban Decay, and Burt’s Bees make great ones – to use when you’re not wearing lipstick but still want some color.

– If you have to wear lipsticks, choose hydrating formulas. Ideally, wait until your lips are healed enough before jumping back into the lipstick realm.

If you do all of this faithfully for two weeks, my sweets, you’ll have a seriously kissable mouth. Your boyfriend can thank us later.

Originally Posted by Diane <TABLE class=splash><TBODY><TR><TD class=splash></TD></TR><!--- Story 3 Author ---><TR><TD class=splash>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Are your lips so dry that you’re afraid if you kiss someone you’ll cut them? <!--- End Story 3 --->

LMAO!! Edward Scissorlips!!! LOL

Originally Posted by Diane Are your lips so dry that you’re afraid if you kiss someone you’ll cut them?

<!--- End Story 3 --->

No, but my husband's lips are! There are times when I have to make him put lip balm on before I'll let him kiss me! Silly boy!
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek No, but my husband's lips are! There are times when I have to make him put lip balm on before I'll let him kiss me! Silly boy!
rolleyes.gif
laughing.gif
@ Jennifer!
Thanks for sharing the lip tips, Diane.

you can try switching toothpaste as well......... I grew up using colgate and ALWAYS had seriously chapped lips, once I got on my own I tried other kinds of tp and noticed my lips got better...... I've used colgate since and my lips always dry out when I use it!!!

Latest posts

Back