Tips for relief from joint pain..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have terrible tendinitis caused by being a barista for years.  I have both golfers and tennis elbow and tendinitis in my hips from dancing for 17 years. It's a struggle for me since I'm only 24 and I write for a living (typing hurts so much!). 

These are the things that have helped me a lot for anyone who is interested and has similar issues:

1. I wear Futuro Sport's Tennis Elbow Support band (I switch depending on which arms hurting).  Usually this helps, and I use it when i'm typing to prevent more pain. You can find this brand at any drugstore or at walgreens/target.

2. I take 3000 mg of MSM DAILY - it's a natural compound specifically for joint problems. This more than anything has helped me so much.  When I stop taking it I finally realize how much it was helping.  I got this at a natural foods and medicine store, but you can buy it in any health/vitamin area of the grocery store or drug stores. It's over the counter and extremely safe.

I've tried everything: not using my arms (very difficult to do given that I have tendinitis in both arms and both wrists) and icing made it feel worse actually. The high dose asprin that I was given from the doctor did not help and actually just gave me blood spots/brusies on my legs :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  So if you're like me and nothing helps you may want to try these more natural options!

I would definitely add exercise. A daily walk is very helpful for all kinds of joint pain and also herbal remedies that fight inflammation, like turmeric root, ginger root and devil's claw.

My husband had joint pain from an injury, a shattered knee cap (horse accident).  He got Super Collagen from a local health food store and he felt like his knee was healthy again!  Plus he started to grow back hair on his lower legs!

Originally Posted by larrybrown06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Joint pain can be caused by an injury or a disease such as rheumatoid arthritis, tendinitis or bursitis.

Tips are:

1. Think about losing weight. The majority of people who end up with joint pain are overweight; that’s just a fact. Losing weight, especially getting down to a more normal weight for your height, will relieve a lot of stress on your joints, and body overall.

2. Ice your joints.It’s possible that you’re suffering from inflammation of some sort, which always impedes healing. Icing your joints, or at least getting very cold water on them, will reduce or keep the swelling down, giving you a chance to explore other options that will help you feel better.

3. If you’re going to take an over the counter medication for pain, aspirin is the best way to go. Aspirin thins the blood, which makes it move better throughout your body, bringing oxygen to those areas that need it most.

4. If you smoke, stop. Smoking brings bad chemicals into your body that gets into your muscles and joints, both on its own and through your blood stream. It poisons the oxygen your body craves to help relieve pain and makes it worse.

These are the good tips for the relief from the joint pain.

I got help from your these tips to control my joint pain.

Thanks for sharing such valuable tips.

These are good tips for the relief from the joint pain.

I really got help from your these tips for controlling my joint pain.

Thanks for sharing such valuable tips.

Joint pain is very painful specially with aging.The tips you provide is valuable no doubt.With these, you have to maintain a proper life syle to be in the safer side.

Thanks

Originally Posted by frmeital /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would definitely add exercise. A daily walk is very helpful for all kinds of joint pain and also herbal remedies that fight inflammation, like turmeric root, ginger root and devil's claw.
This worked like a charm for me.  I have arthritis in both knees, and I found that - what works for me, at any rate - is actually doing more walking rather than babying it.  I had to pace myself, but now I'm up to a one hour, 20 minute walk per day (which, don't get me wrong - that took months to gradually build up to.  Always rest it if it hurts - only work up to however much you can take in small increments).

Also, a friend of mine advised me to take omega oils for knee joints, and it really has helped.

Another tip - really, really good running sneakers.  Even if you're walking, I've found that running shoes are better than walking sneakers.  I have a pair of women's Saucony running shoes, and they're amazing!  They weren't cheap, but you can feel the difference - tons of support, and really sturdy.

Latest posts

Back