To girls with sensitive skin :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My question is to girls with sensitive skin
smile.gif
I would really appreciate if You could tell me what You using as Your moisturizer/moisture mask/cleanser.

My skin is very sensitive.Everything seems to break me out lately.

As my mask ,I use Queen Helene clay mask( this stuff is so cheap and effective,saved my skin many times)

As cleanser I use Noxzema cleanser.

I am still searching for good moisturizer( I tried Nivea,Curel,Cetaphil,Burt's Bees,Kiss my face,Avalon,Aveda and most of drugstore brands except for really expensive stuff)

Thanks for answers
smile.gif

:icon_love

Hi CzarnyElf, it sounds like you have treid quite a few skincare ranges. Since you have sensitive skin and haven't yet tried an 'expensive' brand i was thinking mabe you could pass by a Clinique counter and tell the lady about your skin being sensitve, and you could get a free skincare consultation which will tell you which type of skin you have.I am sure if you expalined you break out a lot she would be ahappy to give you a sample of the products you would normally use.Even though Clinique is expensive, it is highly hypo allergenic and great for people who have sensitive skin, it may be worth a try.Mabe your skin is breaking out due to someof the less expensiver porducts which may have an ingrediant your skin doesn't like. I definaltey think it would be worth your while getting a range that is good for your skin and doesn't cause reaction's. Good Luck hon!

Originally Posted by Pauline Hi CzarnyElf, it sounds like you have treid quite a few skincare ranges. Since you have sensitive skin and haven't yet tried an 'expensive' brand i was thinking mabe you could pass by a Clinique counter and tell the lady about your skin being sensitve, and you could get a free skincare consultation which will tell you which type of skin you have.I am sure if you expalined you break out a lot she would be ahappy to give you a sample of the products you would normally use.Even though Clinique is expensive, it is highly hypo allergenic and great for people who have sensitive skin, it may be worth a try.Mabe your skin is breaking out due to someof the less expensiver porducts which may have an ingrediant your skin doesn't like. I definaltey think it would be worth your while getting a range that is good for your skin and doesn't cause reaction's. Good Luck hon! Thanks Pauline
smile.gif
I will try to get some samples from Clinique
smile.gif
I tried that before but they were out of samples
frown.gif

You are right ,maybe my skin doesn't like cheap stuff
smile.gif

Thanks for Your answer
smile.gif

Its so annoying when the counter's don't have samples! Thats the whole point of them for people like you who needs to test products on their skin first.

Do you know what i used to do when i was about 17.I used to spend the whole day going round all the big department stores and i asked all the shop assistants for samples, if they didn't 'have any in i would ask them what day their samples came in and i would ask for their name and extension number and phone them on that day and in i went to collect my samples,.Some of the shop assistants were nicer than other;'s but i used to go back when my favorite assistant was on duty and buy lots of stuff (often they were shocked) but don't let bad tempered assistants put you off.Remember you may be spending your hard earned cash on their products and you are perfectly entitled to try something to see if it works for you.I woulds talk to the assistant and tell her you have skin problems and need to test first, after all you are telling the truth!

It might even be worth emailing Clinique or any brand you are interested in trying.Good Luck and get those samples!!!
icon_wink.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yes ! I agree
smile.gif
Is so hard to get samples from those stores.I don't even remember how many times I asked and every time they said:We don't have any samples available .They told me to buy product and return if I don't like it .I hate returning products
icon_mad.gif

I will try Your strategy
smile.gif

Thank You
smile.gif

Originally Posted by CzarnyElf Yes ! I agree
smile.gif
Is so hard to get samples from those stores.I don't even remember how many times I asked and every time they said:We don't have any samples available .They told me to buy product and return if I don't like it .I hate returning products
icon_mad.gif

I will try Your strategy
smile.gif

Thank You
smile.gif

Good Luck, just remember you are researching for your skin.Sometimes the shop assistants don't give samples 9for whatever reason) just be assertive.Any compay worth their salt would be only too happy to help you.Even if you write to them i am sure they will understand you have gone to a lot of trouble to contact them so you must indeed be genuine. You could be a life long faithful loyal customer for all they know.Good Luck and have fun
wink.gif

Good Luck and don't get arrested!!! Just kidding! lol (i had to remember that myself sometimes.....ha ha)

I feel for you though as it's not nice wasting money on products that don't work. Have you had a look at the reviews on Clinique?

I am not sure what age you are or what your skin type is like, but they have this skin consultaion system where they annailise your skin, hair and eye coloring. What type of skin do you think you have? I know you said it was sensitve but can you please tell me if you have spots or dryness or anything?

Yes I took a look at Clinique reviews and they are medium
frown.gif
Some people think that their moisturizers are not very good
frown.gif

I am over 20
smile.gif

My skin is very fair with light freckles,a little oily in t-zone but not too much.I am sensitive to every enzyme peeling,everything harsh makes my face red.Today for example I put moisturizing mask which suppose to be organic and my face is burning and i have a few new white pimples on my forehead and chin.

Everything oily I put on my face is not good
frown.gif
I also don't like heavy creams like Burt's bees etc.Even Cetaphil and Curel creams are not good for me.I can feel that my skin won't breathe when i put something like that on my face
frown.gif

No spots no scars no wrinkles
smile.gif

Thanks so much for Your interest
smile.gif

Here is close up of my face.My face is red and has a few pimples (I tried some cream and broke me out)

I also have an idea
smile.gif

I used to do it in Poland and it was pretty normal.I s it ok if I ask the person at the Clinique counter to give me some sample(from the tester jar) to take home with me?I could bring a little plastic jar(got it when I bought some samples from Kiss my Face)Is this normal to do in US?

My husband thinks that this is unusual(he is an American)I just want to make sure
smile.gif

Thanks for answers
smile.gif

Originally Posted by CzarnyElf I also have an idea
smile.gif

I used to do it in Poland and it was pretty normal.I s it ok if I ask the person at the Clinique counter to give me some sample(from the tester jar) to take home with me?I could bring a little plastic jar(got it when I bought some samples from Kiss my Face)Is this normal to do in US?

My husband thinks that this is unusual(he is an American)I just want to make sure
smile.gif

Thanks for answers
smile.gif

They normally have sample sizes of almost every skincare product. If not, they will be happy to give you some out of the tester. I would also suggest Philosophy Hope In A Jar as a good moisturizer.

Hi , i first want to say that your face is beautiful!I also have very sensitive skin,i think you should try perscriptives mud mask,it is great for sensitive skin and good for acne!For a moisturerizer i would use philosophy hope in a jar,but only on the dry areas on you face.

If your pores look large,after cleansing your face,apply a toner to tighten pores.

If you have an acne rash you can try mixing one packet of dry yeast with enough camomile tea to make a paste.Spead it over the area and let it dry,then rinse.

On pimple you can even use tea tree oil,you just massage it around the area of the pimple to anesthetize and encourage healing.

I really would suggest not wearing any makeup till your face calms down.

I do hope i helped a bit.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Let us know how it works out!!1
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I have fairly sensitive skin(alot of products make my skin irritated or prone to breakouts) Lately I've been using Rhonda Allison products. They're pretty much all natural and there's different cleansers and treatments that work for various skintypes. I use the Pumpkin Cleanser and the grapeseed oil and sometimes the drops of essence(?I think that's what it's called-I'm drawing a blank right now) With this line I don't need a toner. I've also started using Mario Badescu products. I've been using the Seaweed cleanser, Special Cucumber lotion, the herbal serum and a few other products as well. I really like this line now, and I do think it's a bit cheaper than the Rhonda Allison. Both cost more than any DS brand though, so I'm not sure what your price range is. Both have websites you can check out and order from. I know with Rhonda Allison, she has smaller sizes of everything you can buy so you can try it out before you get a whole big bottle. WIth Mario Badescu, if you find a store near you that carries it, they always have samples you can try.

Girls
smile.gif

Thanks so much for Your answers
smile.gif

I will check out all those products You are talking about
smile.gif

Yes ,I wont use makeup,I will let my skin rest a little
smile.gif

I heard of yeast mask
smile.gif
It is very popular in Poland
smile.gif
Very good stuff
smile.gif

I think that I made my face sensitive because I am crazy about facial care.I love to try some new masks/creams,especially masks.I think I am using those product too often(I have to calm down a little
smile.gif
)

I will let You now if I found my perfect cream
smile.gif

Spazbaby:icon_love

nydool23:icon_love

envymi:icon_love

Naturally:icon_love

ugh- i am late posting, yet again. My skin hated almost EVERYTHING! I used all kinds of stuff. I realized, that PART of the problem was my fault. I was overwashing, overscrubbing and overdoing it.. I figured the more i cleansed, the better, right? WRONG! I put my skin into overdrive and that created alot of my problems. I found Noxema to be too much, it burned! I also realized that i needed to clean my brushes/sponges better. So, i use cheap cheap cheap clarifying SHAMPOO to clean them, and now i use MAC Green Gel cleanser. It has a oil control additive. And i dont break out anywhere NEARLY as much. I also do not use any foundation that comes in a liquid or cream. Only use Studio Fix powder and a little concealer. Somtimes its the product.. i am really allergic to alot, but in this case, using those scrubs with apricot or walnut seeds etc, just make tiny rips in your skin which leads to breakouts! Overwashing or using something that is really too "harsh" for your skin causes overcompensation.

Originally Posted by MacForMe ugh- i am late posting, yet again. My skin hated almost EVERYTHING! I used all kinds of stuff. I realized, that PART of the problem was my fault. I was overwashing, overscrubbing and overdoing it.. I figured the more i cleansed, the better, right? WRONG! I put my skin into overdrive and that created alot of my problems. I found Noxema to be too much, it burned! I also realized that i needed to clean my brushes/sponges better. So, i use cheap cheap cheap clarifying SHAMPOO to clean them, and now i use MAC Green Gel cleanser. It has a oil control additive. And i dont break out anywhere NEARLY as much. I also do not use any foundation that comes in a liquid or cream. Only use Studio Fix powder and a little concealer. Somtimes its the product.. i am really allergic to alot, but in this case, using those scrubs with apricot or walnut seeds etc, just make tiny rips in your skin which leads to breakouts! Overwashing or using something that is really too "harsh" for your skin causes overcompensation. I was doing the same thing(overwashing overscrubbing and using too much masks on my face) I have to stop doing this! This is crazy.Sometimes I am looking in the mirror and I have to do something to my face(like washing or scrubbing) .I also use clarifying shampoo to clean my sponges(from Suave)
smile.gif

Thanks for answer MacForMe:icon_love

Envymi
smile.gif

I read that You had bad experience using Pond's cucumber washing cloths.I had exactly the same reaction.I switched to Dove cleansing clothes and they are great for sensitive skin
smile.gif

Originally Posted by CzarnyElf Envymi
smile.gif

I read that You had bad experience using Pond's cucumber washing cloths.I had exactly the same reaction.I switched to Dove cleansing clothes and they are great for sensitive skin
smile.gif

I actually started using Mustella wipes...it's for babies, but when I'm on the go it cleans nicely and it even takes off makeup really well.

Latest posts

Back