Tom Brady Wants Time Off for Baby's Birth

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is seeking a timeout – for the birth of his first child with former girlfriend Bridget Moynahan.

"I hope so," Brady, 30, said Monday, noting that he'll need the approval of coach Bill Belichick in the face of his team's upcoming busy schedule.

"Bill has a lot to say," Brady acknowledged, according to the Associated Press, "so we'll deal with it when it happens."

On Friday, Brady and his team are due to play Carolina in the third of four exhibition games, with the Patriots' first regular season game slated for a Sept. 9 kick-off against the New York Jets.

Brady declined on Monday to say whether Moynahan will deliver their child before the Jets game. (The actress and Brady broke up last December, before her pregnancy was announced.)

Brady – who is now dating Gisele Bündchen – is unaware when he'll receive the call informing him he's about to be a dad.

"I wish I did," Brady said with a smile. "That's God's decision. The good lord is making that call. So I think everybody's anxious. I'll put it that way."

When asked if he jumps every time the phone rings, he added, "It's stuff that's very private to me and it's my family. I'm sure it won't be hard to figure out when it happens."

As for asking for personal time off, he said: "Certainly, a lot of people make sacrifices for their family, and I'm dealing with a certain situation, a very joyous, happy situation. And some people have dealt with death in the past and that's incredibly difficult."

Chimed in Coach Belichick: "[Personal situations] are all talked about and dealt with on an individual basis. It doesn't matter who the player is. There are plenty that have come up through the course of the year. I'll deal with them like I do all of them."

SOURCE

Latest posts

Back