Tony Little's Gazelle

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this?He's such a spaz
tongue.gif
but the machine really looks like it would give a good work out..I wanted to buy a treadmill but I don't have enough room for one and I thought this would work just as well

Just by looking at the picture I would pass on this one and just get a home gym instead. $400 for something like this is too expensive in my opinion when you can buy a nice home gym for about $200.

I can't not stand the infomercials for this lol But I think this would be a good way to get a nice lil workout. I think it would be really nice for people looking for low impact exercises, since your feet aren't gonna be hitting the ground putting pressure on your knees.

Reija..I never spend $400 for it either..I've since found one that's $230.I have a corner in my living room that it should fit into..Even a home gym was to big

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Just by looking at the picture I would pass on this one and just get a home gym instead. $400 for something like this is too expensive in my opinion when you can buy a nice home gym for about $200.

That's exactly why I was interested..I have a bad knee and I cant do alot of climbing or stepping excercises as it puts too much strain on it.

Originally Posted by Mz LaLa I can't not stand the infomercials for this lol But I think this would be a good way to get a nice lil workout. I think it would be really nice for people looking for low impact exercises, since your feet aren't gonna be hitting the ground putting pressure on your knees.

I'm still trying to buy a home gym (a small and cheap one, nothing big) but hubby won't let me cuz he thinks I'm just going to hang my clothes on it.
biggrin.gif
I do have to admit that I have all these workout DVDs but still I'm not in shape. I work out on and off so I can see why he would think that
smile.gif

I wonder if he'd sell any of them if the product were instead called, "Tony's Little Gazelle."

artfrogtude.jpg
hahahahhahha

Originally Posted by allisong Has anyone tried this?He's such a spaz
tongue.gif
but the machine really looks like it would give a good work out..I wanted to buy a treadmill but I don't have enough room for one and I thought this would work just as well

I can tell ya right now,I don't think you'd get much of a workout on Tony's Little Gazzelle
wink.gif

Last year I bought Body Flex plus, it's a little weird though I lost a lot of inches pretty quick. Went off Atkins & it makes a big difference eating this way - discipline...so back to induction & start walking, & breathing big again. Had a gazelle type tool for a while til ex-man decided to get rid of it...to bad, he needed it. It's ok - prefer a real elliptical trainer to help knees. Went to the beach this weekend - beautiful days, lots of pelicans, terns, seagulls, killdeer, jellyfish, shells & no people. Walking in the sand is good! What's the name of that karate dude who sells a homegym? His informercial looks legit. But as with all things, if we don't use them...

You sure exercise a lot. I am sure that you could wind me! I've never liked running at all, but I like the results. It feels like hell, but works. I'd like to tone up my legs by doing something that costs less than 5K. They offer local exercise classes here through adult ed. but they cost $45.00 each. I guess I'd rather do it on my own for free. I just hate getting low blood sugar though. It feels awful like I am going to die! That's why I think walking and sexercise are best. They are within the reach of a glass of juiice and they are free.

Hat's off to your diligence!!

t/c

Califoryan

Hey - the law of diminishing returns set in & now, goodbye to compulsive workouts, etc. After last year's bike injury, I'm grateful to be walking at all. Check out Teresa Tapp's website for useful, effective & SHORT workouts that target every area for sure results. www.t-tapp.com

This reminds me of a question I have about spot exercising. Does it or does it NOT work? For example, if I do 100 situps every day, will my stomach be flatter or is it useless since I need to do an allover workout to get results? Some say spot exercise does not work.. well then why have videos like "10 minute abs"?? Can someone shed light?
icon_idea.gif

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH Hey - the law of diminishing returns set in & now, goodbye to compulsive workouts, etc. After last year's bike injury, I'm grateful to be walking at all. Check out Teresa Tapp's website for useful, effective & SHORT workouts that target every area for sure results. www.t-tapp.com

There's a lot of differing opinions, workouts, you name it, it's out there. Teresa Tapp answers it in her forum articles archives. Yes it is possible. In fact, as of this coming Friday, I'll have been doing her basic intro video #1 for 10 days, the Basic Workout Plus for 4 days & the intro video # 2 for about 4 days overlapping with the Basic w/o +. I had her info since 2000 when it first came in Women's Workout International (or something like it - it's out of publication now). Her work is an amalgam of other excellent teachers of fitness & rehabilitative workouts for all shapes & sizes, using isometric & isotonic contractions, major emphasis on posture & how to improve your body's shape using specific exercises in a sequential format that works. As a matter of fact, a friend commented today that she noticed my legs looked toned & fit...& she sees me every day. I am my own worst critic, never get on a scale & use a measuring tape & clothing as my guide to loss/change. My willingness to submit to her simple routines, in a lot less time overall without weights, rubberbands, aerobics or contraptions, gear or other apparatus has helped me personally get past a plateau of body resistance & mental procrastination. She has P.O.P. videos (points of perfection) that focus in detail on specific body areas & she describes them, demonstrates the right & the wrong postures that we will do. There are lots of interesting links from her website to her trainers all over the country. They're helpful & smart & this is not a fly-by-night bunch of groupies. The results are awesome, relatively fast, don't require a major change in diet although she suggests what she calls GOD MADE/MAN MADE pattern, that is, three days of eating whole grains, natural proteins, fats & fruits & vegies, no processed, refined, colored, additived or fake food, which you can have on the 4th day (or 3rd or 2nd depending on your body system & how much weight/inch loss you want to achieve). So, if you want to see a change a la Michael Thurmon's 6-week Body Makeover (of Extreme Makeovers fame & fortune), Pilates, Yoga, Callanetics, Bonnie Prudden, Pete Egoscue, Kathy Smith, Denise Austin, Jack LaLanne (my very first workout guru from .... hmmm.... 7 years old....yep....1961...), Joyce Vedral, Jennifer Kreise, The Firm, Ellington Darden, ballet & whoever else you've added to your list of manic workout pros, Teresa has created an incredibly effective & doable technique that may convert you & your body in the process. Go to www.t-tapp.com or www.betterbodies.com.

Hi Alli,

I have the Tony Little Gazelle and love it. I use it at leased four times a week and with the DVD that came with it the work out really works. It doesn't hurt my knee like running does. It really gives you a great workout. I would recommend it.

Originally Posted by allisong Has anyone tried this?He's such a spaz
tongue.gif

My sister-in-law got one and has since lost about 50lb shes looking good so if the price is right give it a tery

My mom bought it a few years ago and loves it, because it is gentle on her bad back and knee (no impact like running or a treadmill), and still gives her a workout. You can set it to no resistance to get a cardio workout, or increase resistance to get a toning workout. (I tried a few times on the lowest resistance for toning, and since I am so out of shape it was all I could handle! lol) For the cardio, you have to make a conscious effort to really work yourself hard to get a good workout; it's easy to start slacking off and just get into a slow rhythm and you won't get as much as a workout! I used it for a while when I was home for a month but that was it. Mom has been using it 5-6 times a week (with toning only every other day) for a few years now though!

It comes with a video that is useful to show you all the different things you can do; different cardio exercises, and toning exercises for both arms and legs. However Mom and I find Tony Little pretty annoying, lol, so once we memorized the moves from the video we switched to watching other movies or TV shows while working out!
wink.gif

However, if you don't require a low-impact workout, I could see where a home gym would give you better strength training, and a treadmill or other cardio workout would probably work just as well for the cardio.

Latest posts

Back