Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm SPF 20

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

What it is:
A multi-benefit BB cream that tints, primes, nourishes, prevents, and protects skin in one easy step.

What it does:
This innovative cream offers both makeup and skincare benefits in one effortless step. Achieve better-than-real looking skin today and healthier skin long term by using this antiaging, multi-mineral complex that promotes cell health, strengthens skin's elasticity, and enhances luminosity. This versatile tinted skin perfector instantly delivers oil-free hydration and primes the skin while protecting with a chemical-free SPF 20 UVA/UVB broad-spectrum sunscreen. Wear any of the shades alone or under foundation to achieve your ideal level of luminous coverage.

What else you need to know:
This formula is hypo-allergenic and soothing for all skin types.

Size: 1.5 oz

Price: $32

Available at: Sephora.com, Sephora, Too Faced, Ulta (Free gift with purchase - LTO)

Vanilla Glow
Light Skin Tone

Cream Glow
Light-to-Medium Skin Tone

Nude Glow
Medium Skin Tone

Beach Glow
Deep Skin Tone

-Multi-Mineral Complex: Protects skin from environmental damage.
-Zinc Oxide: 5 %; Protects skin from sun damage.
-Titanium Dioxide: 5 %; protects skin from sun damage.
Vanilla Glow:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.

Cream Glow:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.

Nude Glow:

Beach Glow:

Okay, you guys know me, I complain... alot... about products and for me to gush over something is VERY rare but THIS I have to gush about. I got a sample of Cream Glow and will give it a proper try tomorrow. I loved how it made the fine lines on the back of my hand disappear, it felt fantastic, it looked fantastic, no smell (unlike Garnier's which I can't stand the smell of). Even though it's $32 it is 1.5 oz compared to Smashbox (whose colors were either too light or too dark for me) you get more and for less. THIS is what I expect in a (Western) BB cream. It DOES contain silicone in it BUT it also has some natural ingredients in it.

Updated and added where to buy. If you buy from Ulta.com you get two free gifts - Too Faced Deluxe Lashgasm Mascara & Deluxe Shadow Insurance Candlelight Eyeshadow Primer for FREE!

maybe what I really need is the world's most awesome primer for oily skin instead of a BB cream.

maybe what I really need is the world's most awesome primer for oily skin instead of a BB cream.
You might actually like their Primed and Poreless Powder primer under this BB Cream. It is rocking my world! Love it so much!!

I.

Want.

This.

I just discovered their foundation a few months ago and it's amazing.  If this is half as good I'll be a happy, happy girl.

I LOVE this product! I received a sample of the Nude Glow with last month's Too Faced order and immediately went out for more. My Sephora didn't have it yet, but Ulta did, and I got it in a more complimentary tint, the Cream Glow. If you're not big on liquid foundations, this product is great for you. I use UD's Razor Sharp Finishing Powder over this and it keeps my very oily t-zone almost completely matte all day. 

Here are the pics I took of the samples I got from Sephora.

Left to right: Too Faced BB Cream in Vanilla Glow, Cream Glow, Nude Glow and Beach Glow​
Too Faced BB Cream in Vanilla Glow​
 ​
Too Faced BB Cream in Cream Glow​
 ​
Too Faced BB Cream in Nude Glow​
 ​
Too Faced BB Cream in Beach Glow​
 ​
Left to right: Too Faced BB Cream in Vanilla Glow, Cream Glow, Nude Glow and Beach Glow​

They all look so yellow to me o_O Kind of a shame as I was interested in this but from the swatches I think the palest one will be far too warm for me...

You're right, they are all quite yellow. I had to compensate for it with a very fair setting powder. Still love it though! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Why are all the BB creams so dark?! I am absolutely dying to try some, but every brand I've swatched run pretty dark in comparison to the tinted moisturizers in the same shade names. 

All Western brands tend to be on the dark and/or orange side. I like the Too Faced one but have to neutralize the orange in it with a color corrector.

Hello Ladies!

I'm back from lunch/ULTA's and I tested the Too Faced Balm in Nude Glow.  There was a sales lady that actually helped me (but wasn't very knowledgeable) and we determined that this was the best match.  In the store I thought I looked a little red,  outside I thought I looked a little pink, and at work I think it looks fine.... so I think there's some settling and adjusting time to take into consideration.

I applied the product all over.  I was expecting this to be full coverage but it wasn't, it was sheer in my opinion... but I have to say that it feels wonderful.  Very soft to the touch and light on the skin.  The sales woman suggested to moisturize, balm, then add foundation for more coverage.  "So, its a primer then?"  She said no... not really, but in your case it would be because you'd need the extra coverage.  *sigh*

So, I thought the balms were supposed to moisturize, prime, protect and perfect... so why not stick to my original routine of Moisturize, Prime, and Foundation... where's the benefit to the balm in my case??

Some photos - all taken in the car with the sun source behind the building (behind me).

Dark spots are skin discoloration/scars due to horrible acne breakout last year. 

Now, is it just me or does my neck look lighter than my face??
icon_confused.gif

Your neck does look lighter. That's the problem with Western brands. The Western brands tend to to be more of a primer or tinted moisturizer than a true beauty balm which is suppose to be a foundation replacement for those who have some kind of skin procedure.

Thanks for the Swatches! I'm very interested in this product, and I don't mind it being sheer as it isn't really supposed to be full coverage.

Latest posts

Back