'Top Model' Premiere Doubles Up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
(Monday, August 08 11:32 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) "America's Next Top Model" is going plus-sized for the debut of its fifth competition.

UPN has tinkered with its premiere schedule slightly, opting for a two-hour broadcast of "Top Model's" season opener on Wednesday, Sept. 21. That means the second-season premiere of "Veronica Mars" will move back one week to Sept. 28.

The change could help "Veronica" a little by moving its debut away from the premieres of ABC's "Lost" and NBC's new Jerry Bruckheimer drama "E-Ring," both of which are scheduled for Sept. 21. UPN wants to see its critical darling move beyond cult status this season.

Expanding "Top Model" also means that viewers won't have to wait a week to see the show's first elimination with new judges Twiggy and "Miss" J. Alexander. In past seasons the premiere has been devoted to the audition process and the selection of finalists, with the first elimination of a finalist coming the following week.

The first Tuesday encore of "Top Model" on Sept. 27 will stick to one hour. UPN will show the second half of the premiere, which includes the first elimination, leading into the debut of the new drama "Sex, Love & Secrets."

tyrabanks_americasnexttopmodel4_240_003.jpg

So the new season is plus-sized models? I wonder if Toccara is going to be in it?

lol Charmaine

I think they can because I remember the same girl making the cut in 2 seasons and getting eliminated even the 2nd time still.. Or i could be imagining this, or from another reality show

Marisol, do you know?

Wow! That's great that they're doing a plus size season... its about time
claps.gif
! Yay!!! And I love Twiggy... she totally defined the whole swingin' London, Sixties mod era... great job ANTM!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by mAra So the new season is plus-sized models? I wonder if Toccara is going to be in it?

lol Charmaine

I don't think that's what the announcement meant (but correct me if i'm wrong)... i think the plus-sized reference was regarding the size (length) of the premiere....
Toccarra... she's too busy being on other reality shows to go back to her original... plus, from what i've seen on Celebrity Fit Club 2, she's not the same bubbly happy girl that she used to be (before her instant fame)....

As far as the judges, i'm sure Twiggy was great back then, but if she's not going to spew the same venom as Janice, then i don't want her... maybe Miss J is going to have to be the catty one, but we can't have any softees up there, and for some reason, i get the feeling that Twiggy is gonna be a softee...
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by mAra I think they can because I remember the same girl making the cut in 2 seasons and getting eliminated even the 2nd time still.. Or i could be imagining this, or from another reality show
Marisol, do you know?

ohhhhhhhhh, i think you're talking about Mary... she came one season and didn't make the final audition cut, worked out, came back all super-confident for last season, got to the final audition and STILL got cut... and was bawling all over the place... that was sad i guess... cuz the first time she felt her competition was Toccara and Toccara was chosen over here... last time, i can't remember who was plus-size, but she ain't get it and she just KNEW she was going to make it because Tiffany came back and made it and got rejected the first time just like her...
y'all see i'm a ANTM fan!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by QurlySq last time, i can't remember who was plus-size, They decided not to have a plus sized girl in the last season beacuse they didn't think it was fair to make her compete against the skinny b*tches.

WOOT!!!

I love Twiggy and despite what Janice says....Twiggy was the first super model! She had her own TC series, make-up line and a doll.....haven't seen any Janice dolls have you?

Originally Posted by QurlySq I don't think that's what the announcement meant (but correct me if i'm wrong)... i think the plus-sized reference was regarding the size (length) of the premiere.... You are correct! I thought they meant plus size models too. LOL

ok, so i was checking out the contestants for this season, and two girls in particular i think are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty (plus they're my new hair idols).... bre and nik.... the rest of the chicks (except for like 2) are all not interesting looking (IMO)... like they took bits and pieces of past contestants to make these chicks... and one girl looks a lot like the chick that was the first to get cut (i can't remember her name so i don't know if it's just her again or not...)

America's Next Top Model.........that's my show. I'm glad Janice Dickinson is off the show, she was just so rude, she had issues anyway. Who is she to talk with all that plastic surgery she had. Twiggy is way better, she cares about the girls feelings, and that's good. I can't wait until the show starts again........if it's about all plus-sized models....I know it's going to really be interesting. Can't wait to see it though
claps.gif

Latest posts

Back