Top Model, Yoanna, in Action on Sephora

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I spied this on sephora.com. I didn't even know that it was Yoanna at first. Neat! She's wearing a HUGE amount of makeup, but she looks nice. Check it out:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=570 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>
gtl_hdr.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>
p.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>
C9540_main.jpg

C9540_image1.jpg

</TD><TD>
p.gif
</TD><TD class=tt11 vAlign=top>
C9540_subHdr.gif

What happens when you pair a fiercely feminine face with the sharp tailoring of a suit? A look that's as delicate as it is sleek. For our fall cover look, we took a cue from the reign of menswear-inspired clothes on the fall fashion runways. From pinstripes and fedoras to ties and three-piece suits, there was a touch of manliness in the air from New York to Milan. We called upon Sephora's makeup artist extraordinaire Mally Roncal to create a classically beautiful look on Yoanna that would serve as the perfect balance to the buttoned-up look of a suit. Here's what she did:

EYES

Mally gave Yoanna's eyes a severely sexy edge with Nars Single Eye Shadow in Barbuda, $18, smoky plum shadow. She swept it onto her lids up to the creases, and used it as a liner on her upper and lower lids. Yoanna's power lashes are the result of several coats of Sephora Surprising Mascara in Black, $12, a new, ultra-lengthening mascara. For some hard-edged glamour Mally applied Lorac Eye & Lip Pencil in 02, $12, a black kohl liner, along the lower lash lines.

FACE

Glowing skin makes even the most masculine suit look soft. Mally illuminated Yoanna's entire face with Benefit Black Orchid Eye And Cheek Highlighter, $18, by applying it directly under brows and onto the temples. Mally gave cheeks a soft, contoured look with Smashbox Blush in Smashing Emotion, $24, a tawny blush. She swept it directly under Yoanna's cheekbones then blended with her fingers. LIPS

Yoanna's lips were kicked up a notch for fall with something more electric. Try DiorKiss in Red Currant 778, $19.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=265 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tt vAlign=top>

Nars Single Eye Shadow in Barbuda, $18

</TD><TD>
p.gif
</TD><TD class=tt vAlign=top>

Sephora Surprising Mascara in Black, $12

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>
p.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tt vAlign=top>http://a1377.g.akamai.net/7/1377/5720/20040726195310/www.sephora.com/assets/browse/tt/getLook/C9540_prod3.jpg

Smashbox Blush in Smashing Emotion, $24

</TD><TD>http://a1377.g.akamai.net/7/1377/5720/20030812002803/www.sephora.com/assets/global/p.gif</TD><TD class=tt vAlign=top>http://a1377.g.akamai.net/7/1377/5720/20040726195310/www.sephora.com/assets/browse/tt/getLook/C9540_prod4.jpg

DiorKiss in Red Currant 778, $19

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I wouldnt have recognized her either. She is so beautiful- I dont think she needs so much makeup. I prefer her with a more natural look.

Gotta love BeneFit on her, too:
smile.gif

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=700 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top rowSpan=4>
P73506_hero.jpg
</TD><TD>
p.gif
</TD><TD align=right height=20> </TD></TR><TR><TD>
p.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top>

p.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
p.gif
</TD><TD class=stdCopy vAlign=top>Black Orchid Eye And Cheek Highlighter

Set the stage for intrigue with these delicate cream highlighters. This opulent case contains a soft pink shimmer and a pearly white highlighter destined to adorn brow bones, cheeks, even lips with a light-catching glow.

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea Gotta love BeneFit on her, too:
smile.gif

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=700 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top rowSpan=4>
P73506_hero.jpg
</TD><TD>
p.gif
</TD><TD align=right height=20></TD></TR><TR><TD>
p.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top>

p.gif

</TD></TR><TR><TD>
p.gif
</TD><TD class=stdCopy vAlign=top>Black Orchid Eye And Cheek Highlighter

Set the stage for intrigue with these delicate cream highlighters. This opulent case contains a soft pink shimmer and a pearly white highlighter destined to adorn brow bones, cheeks, even lips with a light-catching glow.

00Mut1.jpg
Good point Julia, and I agree. In fact, I can see this on you. I do not like a lot of makeup either, but Yoanna's benefit benefits her nicely. I bet you would look good with this. I am intrigued myself.
smile.gif

Ya..she looks great....Yolanna was my choice over all those other divas....can't wait for the Next Top Model to start their new season! My daughter asked me what I wanted for my 51st BDay...I told her a gift cert for Sephora....yeah...can't wait!!!! Hmmmmm.....wonder what I'll get...choices...choices... Hugs, Pinky

Originally Posted by Pinkymarz Ya..she looks great....Yolanna was my choice over all those other divas....can't wait for the Next Top Model to start their new season! My daughter asked me what I wanted for my 51st BDay...I told her a gift cert for Sephora....yeah...can't wait!!!! Hmmmmm.....wonder what I'll get...choices...choices...
Hugs, Pinky

00Mut4.jpg

Ok Pinky, you've got to remind me when the fall season of America's Top Model starts!! I'm stoked. I love to watch it and snicker and eat popcorn. My husband can't stand it and thinks it's lame. Maybe he's right, but I, either by fault of gender or lack of taste, enjoy it! Wooopeeeeee.

Also.. you'll have to let us know what you are going to choose from Sephora! Maybe some of the members can share their holy grails to help you decide! I like to go to the site and click on "most popular" or "hot" or something like that. I always like to see what people are going nuts over.

smile.gif
Cali

Girl, I am always all over those sites...Sephora, CosmeticMall, CCB-Paris...etc..etc...if I could get half of what I've selected for my "wish lists", I'd be in debt even into my afterlife...LOL They could make a mint on all the contents of my train cases!!!! (if my hubby only knew!!) oh, Cali....America's Next Top Model....Sept 22nd UPN!!! Be there or be square!!! (lame huh?) Have a good nite all! Pinky

Originally Posted by Pinkymarz Girl, I am always all over those sites...Sephora, CosmeticMall, CCB-Paris...etc..etc...if I could get half of what I've selected for my "wish lists", I'd be in debt even into my afterlife...LOL They could make a mint on all the contents of my train cases!!!! (if my hubby only knew!!)
oh, Cali....America's Next Top Model....Sept 22nd UPN!!! Be there or be square!!! (lame huh?)

Have a good nite all!

Pinky

I'm on my way to write it on the calendar right now! Thanks! I know what you mean about wish lists!
wink.gif
Calisaurus

Latest posts

Back