Total Beauty Sample Collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

$15 for samples from Murad, Skindinavia, and Zent. Anyone else order this? Or ordered previous collections?

http://www.totalbeauty.com/collection
I've ordered two previous collections, and both were not worth the money. They started off promising four to six deluxe-size samples. The first order had three samples and a coupon for $15 off a purchase from a company called Pevonia. My email complainiing of this was answered in a rather smarmy tone and with the implication that the coupon was the fourth because it was another way of trying a new product. Fine and dandy, except you have to spend more money unless all you wnat is a small candle. The second box had five products in it, including a Pixi primer and Senna lip gloss, but all were very small--the Pixi tube was two thirds the length of my pinky, including the cap!

it arrived today and i'm not disappointed.  all 3 Murad items were included along with a lotion sample and 2 perfume samples from Zents. there is also a $15 SoleSociety shopping credit.  for $15 i'd say it's on par with other sample boxes i've gotten.

the Skindinavia make up setting spray (forgot to list that in my previous post) is 20ml/0.66oz

the Murad day moisture 7.4ml/.25oz

the Murad eye cream 4ml/0.14oz

the Murad cleanser 45ml/1.5oz

there isn't a size listed on the Zents lotion but it appears to be 1oz. the 2 perfume samples are standard size, maybe slightly larger.

there isn't an expiration date on the $15 credit for sole society, nor does there appear to be a minimum purchase amount.

Hi ladies-

Thanks for all your great feedback here. I'm the community manager over at TotalBeauty.com (nice to meet you all!) and I wanted to just mention that we ARE listening to everything people are saying about our Collection and we're working hard to improve our service. I'm bummed to hear some of you didn't like boxes 1 & 2, but please know we value your feedback very much and we think you'll really like box # 3 and our future Collections as well.

Please feel free to email me if you have any more questions or want to provide more comments. [email protected]

Thanks!

Good evening Mary, An issue many of us experienced with the first box was that your web site indicated we would receive four to six deluxe-sized samples, if I recall correctly. When we received three samples and a coupon to Pevonia we felt a bit slighted. Not that the Pevonia products are poor quality, but for the majority of products it would have required further financial expenditure. So it did not appear initially to have been a great deal. I look forward to future collection and hope for continued improvement!

Originally Posted by MaryTB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi ladies-

Thanks for all your great feedback here. I'm the community manager over at TotalBeauty.com (nice to meet you all!) and I wanted to just mention that we ARE listening to everything people are saying about our Collection and we're working hard to improve our service. I'm bummed to hear some of you didn't like boxes 1 & 2, but please know we value your feedback very much and we think you'll really like box # 3 and our future Collections as well.

Please feel free to email me if you have any more questions or want to provide more comments. [email protected]

Thanks!
Hi, Mary,

I bought the current TotalBeauty box yesterday based upon the positive review and photo posted here!!

I'm excited about getting it, and best of luck to your company in the future, too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Laura

Hi ladies-

I'm super excited to hear you like our third box better! (I actually ordered one of these myself -- I LOVE the Murad products!) Thanks again for all your great notes, we love hearing from you!

If you like the boxes, make sure you sign up for our email list or join us on FB so you know when we have another one coming out and what's in it.

Thanks!

My box arrived yesterday, and I like everything I received. It was exactly as photographed and described.  I think this should be a monthly thing.

Originally Posted by LauraBrooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box arrived yesterday, and I like everything I received. It was exactly as photographed and described.  I think this should be a monthly thing.
which scents did you get from Zents?  i had petal and fresh perfume with ore lotion.

which scents did you get from Zents?  i had petal and fresh perfume with ore lotion.
I received the fresh and petal perfumes and the ore lotion, too.  I like the perfume scents, but not the lotion scent too much.  The lotion itself is awesome, though!

I received an email for this collection earlier last week and was pretty excited about getting travel sized products, so I ordered it for myself and for a friend.  I just got the box today and wow- that was fast shipping.  I like that you know what products you're getting and then they throw in a few extras.  I had googled reviews of the June box and saw that people were receiving Alterna and Jonathan Dirt hair products as bonuses, plus the email itself said "bonus gifts."  I was disappointed that there weren't any included (a little greedy, but there was built-up anticipation and now jealousy!), but I guess the perfumes sample were the bonus gifts.  All in all, the $15 Sole Society gift card pays for the box, so not a bad deal, and I supposed I lucked out by trying out this box instead of the first two from what I'm reading.  

IDK. Hold on, will get the dark blue envelope out.

1 FRESH sample, one PETAL sample and a little bottle of lotion in a white organza drawstring bag with a pamphlet about Zents. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh, and did anyone else try to open theirs from the end of the envelope box? I am such a doofus when it comes to boxes. LOL.,

Originally Posted by marygoround /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received an email for this collection earlier last week and was pretty excited about getting travel sized products, so I ordered it for myself and for a friend.  I just got the box today and wow- that was fast shipping.  I like that you know what products you're getting and then they throw in a few extras.  I had googled reviews of the June box and saw that people were receiving Alterna and Jonathan Dirt hair products as bonuses, plus the email itself said "bonus gifts."  I was disappointed that there weren't any included (a little greedy, but there was built-up anticipation and now jealousy!), but I guess the perfumes sample were the bonus gifts.  All in all, the $15 Sole Society gift card pays for the box, so not a bad deal, and I supposed I lucked out by trying out this box instead of the first two from what I'm reading.  
No bonus gifts for me, either.

Latest posts

Back