Travelers clamoring to see Craig airport bathroom

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sept. 16, 2007, 3:57PM

Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS — When tourists ask for the bathroom at the Minneapolis airport lately, it's usually not because they have to go.

It's because they want to see the stall made famous by U.S. Sen. Larry Craig's arrest in a sex sting.

"It's become a tourist attraction," said Karen Evans, spokeswoman at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. "People are taking pictures."

Craig was arrested June 11 by an airport police officer. The Idaho Republican pleaded guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

Craig has since said his guilty plea was a mistake. His request to withdraw the guilty plea will be heard on Sept. 26, just four days before he plans to step down from his Senate seat.

Just 15 minutes into her shift on Friday, Evans said she had been asked directions to the new tourist attraction four times. Other airport workers field the same question.

"It's by the Lottery shop, right next to the shoeshine shop," said newsstand worker Abdalla Said, adding he gets the question daily.

On their way to Guatemala, Jon and Sally Westby, both of Minneapolis, made a visit.

"We had to just stop and check out the bathroom," Sally Westby said. "In fact, it's Jon's second time — he was here last week already."

Travelers clamoring to see Craig airport bathroom | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Haha! I know exactly which bathroom they are talking about MSP keeps their bathroom hella clean. But still.... that's kinda lame.

i have lots of friends in minneapolis, and one of my friends got her boyfriend to go there and take a picture of the bathroom stahl. cause i guess she thought it was funny.

apprently she told me the picture of it is now on her fridge (she';s a hardcore democrat).

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif Eww...who has sex in an airport bathroom? HaHa. The United States Senator. Loser.

My parents had a layover in Minneapolis this summer on their way to their Alaska cruise. I've teased my dad since, asking if he was hit on by any senators. LOL

Latest posts

Back