Trend Alert: More Nude Lips at the VMAs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looks like the nude lip trend is hotter than ever this year. Just a few weeks ago we saw lots of pale pouts at the Teen Choice Awards, and here they are again at this year's VMAs. Celebrity attendees such as Britney Spears, Nelly Furtado, Rihanna, Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Garner, Rosario Dawson, Nicole Scherzinger and Hayden Panetierre all wore a neutral, flesh colored lip. Here are a couple of great nude lip colors that make for great additions to your collection.
NudeLipsVMA.jpg

LipSlick.jpg

Scott Barnes Lipslick in Suggestive ($22) is a creamy and sexy-looking lip lacquer that falls somewhere marvelously in between a lip gloss and a lipstick.
This is the famous product known for creating the seductive nude looks on Jennifer Lopez, Kate Hudson and Mary J. Blige (just to name a few). It is available in five fabulous colors to suit different skin tones.

For one more amazing nude lip color,
BEQS.jpg

Bare Escentuals Quick Stick ($14) is both a lipstick and a lip liner. The advantage of this packaging gives you the opportunity to create a precise, creamy matte pout in no time.
lt also includes a super handy built-in sharpener on the opposite end. It's available in ten colors, but for a nude lip, try apricot, blush, fig, peony or spice.

Source

Thanks daer0n! I love nude lips because it looks great on virtually everyone. The Scott Barnes color looks great. My current favorite for nude lips is Smashbox's Sila-silk lipstick in Elegant.

Nude lips are great....but I am sick of em'. I am bringing back saturated colors on the lips...

i'm tired of nude lips on everyone

but i might try it since i always have some color on mine

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nude lips are great....but I am sick of em'. I am bringing back saturated colors on the lips... yeah!

Nelly Furtado looks really old in that picture up there. I love nude lips though but the way mine are I would never put like foundation or base on them to look more nude than like a soft pink or beige.

I like nude lips, but I don' t like them to be the same color as my skin, such as Nicole Scherzingers case.

NXY Tinted Lip Spa is great for a nude lip look. It's very nourishing and it doesn't get dry or flakey. I either use it under my lipstick as a lip balm or I use it alone for a nude look.

I really love that look, i use to put foundation on my lips and then cover it with a really shiny lip gloss and i would get the same look, guess i can start doing that again
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back