Trend Alert: Red Lips for Fall....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Contary to popular belief, there really is a red for everyone! I have gathered these pics to give some examples of how to wear red lips, what other makeup to pair it with and reds for every skintone. Come on MUTers...give Red a Chance!

3641-trsl01_redlips.jpg

3641-trsl02_redlips.jpg

3641-trsl03_redlips.jpg

3641-trsl09_greyshadow.jpg

Red for everyone? Oh then I wish I could find one that looks nice on me
frown.gif

I always look like a clown with red l/s :'(

I love bright red lipgloss/lipstick. I've still to find a proper red lipgloss that I like enough to buy. Do you have any suggestions. I wanted to get lipfinity but I the one I got wasnt't vibrant enough. Plus I was panicing for an hour as I tried to get it off
smile.gif

Great examples!! And I love red!! The darker the better!!! Especially approaching the dark brownish to dark burgandy reds... The lighter colors just make my lips dissapear.....and blend into my face but red is always in style, imho... The Classic look!!

Karren

Benefit has a color called Dessert First that is a gorgeous red that suits almost everyone.

I can't wait to wear my red color this fall...Now, if I can figure out what to do with my eyes I would be okay...

I just bought benefit's frenched l/s... and mac's russian red lipglass last week. i'm nervous though, i never really wore red before. amanda, it looks gorgeous on you!

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Benefit has a color called Dessert First that is a gorgeous red that suits almost everyone. I have that color too!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bluebird08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can't wait to wear my red color this fall...Now, if I can figure out what to do with my eyes I would be okay... A smudge of liner, mascara, a subtle nuetral shadow and light blush or bronzer...that's it!

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just bought benefit's frenched l/s... and mac's russian red lipglass last week. i'm nervous though, i never really wore red before. amanda, it looks gorgeous on you!

I have that color too!
smile.gif

Aww thanks! That's 'cause I rock it out...you have to own red lipstick, you can't hide behind it.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just bought benefit's frenched l/s... and mac's russian red lipglass last week. i'm nervous though, i never really wore red before. amanda, it looks gorgeous on you!

I have that color too!
smile.gif

I'm just looking at the russian red on their website, what is it like?

Originally Posted by Claire_CD /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm just looking at the russian red on their website, what is it like? I think mindy has worn it in her fotd's. it looks pretty on her. i think it is the perfect red color.

Russian Red is a hard red to wear. It's very bright and very matte. If you're a beginner when it come to reds stick with sheer lippies or red gloss.

Also...don't forget Reds often bleed out of the natural lipline. You must use a liner or invisible liner like Benefit "D'Liner D'finer"

I was talking about the lipstick. The Gloss is very bright too. Kinda of a blue-based red.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Russian Red is a hard red to wear. It's very bright and very matte. If you're a beginner when it come to reds stick with sheer lippies or red gloss.
Also...don't forget Reds often bleed out of the natural lipline. You must use a liner or invisible liner like Benefit "D'Liner D'finer"

I was talking about the lipstick. The Gloss is very bright too. Kinda of a blue-based red.

Would cargo's reverse lipliner work, or is that something different?

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think mindy has worn it in her fotd's. it looks pretty on her. i think it is the perfect red color. I'll have a look for it, thanks.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Russian Red is a hard red to wear. It's very bright and very matte. If you're a beginner when it come to reds stick with sheer lippies or red gloss.

Thanks, I'll get some lip liner with my reds. I'm like a little girl at the moment playing with make-up so I'm not hugely bothered about appearing sensible
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Would cargo's reverse lipliner work, or is that something different? Same thing. It should be a waxy pencil that will build an invisible fence around your lips.

does viva glam 4 count as red? Cuz that's one of the few dark reddish colours i can get away with!

Latest posts

Back