Trip to bloomies...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so, my cousin and i (neta, who says she's very sorry she hasn't stopped by to thank everyone for the welcome because she's getting married in 2 weeks and has been very busy!) had to go to bloomies to get her foundation for the big day and clinique's brow shaper.

we stopped at chanel first to get the foundation and the makeup artist was helpful and nice - at first. i saw my brush set there, so i pointed it out to neta, and then while we were paying, i asked the MA how exactly to use the contour brush and she told me. then, i said i wasn't too crazy about the powder and blush brush because they feel so rough on my skin and that i was suprised it wasn't the best quality. FOR SOME REASON, she got soooo offended and gave me a look like, what the f***? i felt kinda bad, but then i'm like, i didn't even say it in a mean way, i just said it. i wasn't like, well, ugh, these brushes completely suck. then, when we thanked her and said bye, she just looked at us and said nothing and walked away. she knew i'd kick her ass. witch.

tongue.gif

we went to clinique next and then we got the brow shaper and the lady actually mentioned it's very popular and sells very fast, so if you're need, i highly recommend it and i knew i wouldn't be the only one who loves it
icon_cheesygrin.gif

THEN, we stopped at the dior counter because i FINALLY remembered to try skinflash. the MA was sooo nice and very helpful and friendly. i asked him to help me find my shade and he did this quick makeover. he took my makeup off and put tissues in my shirt (not completely, but not to dirty them), told me to lift my face up, and he used airflash on me! i had completely forgotten about it and have wanted to try it for the longest time, but the $60 price tag kinda made me stay away in case i loved it. anyway, he sprayed it on me and it sunk right into my skin, leaving this dewy glow and my skin wasn't damp or anything. i had 2 MAs look over his should and were like, wowwwww, she has such nice skin! he whispered, "sh, don't tell them what it is!" LOL! it looked freakin' FLAWLESS. he said if i use it daily, it'll last only a month or so, which sucks, but for special occassions or for pictures, this is it. he put skinflash on me and i fell in love. i couldn't believe the difference. it's WAY better than bobbi brown's creamy concealer! i think i might use the corrector to BB's, then this on top. i have to mix and match and see how everything turns out.

i didn't have the money for airflash and even if i did, i don't think i'd buy it because it's so expensive, but if i know there's a big occassion coming up or something like that, i'd definitely get it and not use it daily to save it up.

what's great was that he didn't even have to touch my face once he sprayed it on. it's like it blended all by itself.

anyway, i'm going to try my skinflash right now since i gotta get ready for work. i'll let you all know if it's a keeper.

sorry for the long post
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Wow that sounds so awesome! You got me curious about airflash and skinflash now...ok, so is one of them a concealer and the other, foundation?
me too!!!!give us the scoup girl,cause im interested
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Sounds like you had a productive day!

Let us know how you get on with the skinflash with the BB corrector.

charmaine, skinflash is a concealer/highlighter and airflash is a foundation
smile.gif

P104914_hero.jpg
P66722_hero.jpg

i'm actually thinking of exchanging the skinflash for the more yellow-toned color, as this one i have (001) is too pink.

bhav, you're a BB creamy user, too, right? well, i think skinflash made no difference and i think it's A LOT like the pink corrector. i'm gonna try the next shade down and see how that one works. if it's better, i'll keep it, but if it's the same, i'm returning it.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Wow, looks cool! Does the airflash work like airbrushing? yep and after i was done, it LOOKED like my face was airbrushed. it looked so perfect.

Sally Hansen has a cheaper version of air-spray foundation, if anyone is interested in trying it before spending $$$ on Dior.

I have yet to try it, but thought I would inform everyone.

EDIT: Also, I don't know if anyone watches What Not to Wear, but the makeup artist on that show (Carmindy) often uses spray foundation.

WOW! Why did I have to read this post!??? I really do *heart* Dior and I want to try this really bad. I think Benebaby and I need to get out ASAP to spray this on!!!!

Latest posts

Back