Trouble with Stila Smudge Pots

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello! When i first used this product, I loved it! Now as I've had it for about a month, I'm growing to dislike it. I use Sonia Kashuck's smudge brush. Is this the wrong type of brush?

Problems-

Can't get a good color, black is really very faded. When I try to layer on the color, the brush just swipes off the rest of the line that I had already had! This is especially a problem for my lower lash line.

Super dry. I can't stick the brush on my eye without the product flaking into my eyes. IT HURTS! More than any other product I've ever had flake in my eyes
frown.gif

Anyone know the problem and how I can fix it? Because I LOVED this when I first bought it.

To me it sounds like maybe the product is dried out. Did you perhaps forget to close it tightly? If you only had it for a month, perhaps you can return it. Maybe Trisha or other Stila users can help.

Originally Posted by Trisha Ive had most of my smudgepots for getting on 1 year now and they are all still fine, you must close the lid properly
Also i use Stila #4 brush to apply and can get a very opaque colour with 1 sweep.

I second this. I've had a couple of my smudgepots since they first came out and they're fine, one of them's the black one. If you have been closing it properly though you should maybe think about taking it back.

Originally Posted by Lealabell I second this. I've had a couple of my smudgepots since they first came out and they're fine, one of them's the black one. If you have been closing it properly though you should maybe think about taking it back. I've been closing it tightly, but now that I think of it I took it on a very long, very hot road trip. This probably had something to do with it I'm thinking?

Back