troubleshooting MAC Pro Longwear

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love love love my MAC Pro Longwear lip colors, but this morning I think I broke the tube of my favorite one. I wasn't paying attention and I guess I'm stronger than I realize and I accidentally pulled the clear gloss end off.
eek.gif
I can't figure out how to put it back on! I had to stand the gloss on end to keep the clear gloss from dripping out. Is it possible to fix?? Please say so!

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I love love love my MAC Pro Longwear lip colors, but this morning I think I broke the tube of my favorite one. I wasn't paying attention and I guess I'm stronger than I realize and I accidentally pulled the clear gloss end off.
eek.gif
I can't figure out how to put it back on! I had to stand the gloss on end to keep the clear gloss from dripping out. Is it possible to fix?? Please say so! The ends come off, so you can replace the gloss with a new refill. You should be able to put it back together by pushing the tube in and then twisting slightly. It should be fixable, unless a piece of it snapped off.
BTW, I went to MAC update today and there are going to be 14 new longwears coming out on August 4th! They're called Lustrelong and are more lightweight than the ProLongwears. They are sheer to medium coverage and are less pigmented (so less drying!). The colors are all really pretty & are going to stay in the permanent collection!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux The ends come off, so you can replace the gloss with a new refill. You should be able to put it back together by pushing the tube in and then twisting slightly. It should be fixable, unless a piece of it snapped off.
BTW, I went to MAC update today and there are going to be 14 new longwears coming out on August 4th! They're called Lustrelong and are more lightweight than the ProLongwears. They are sheer to medium coverage and are less pigmented (so less drying!). The colors are all really pretty & are going to stay in the permanent collection!
smile.gif

I'm so excited about the new Longwears! The current color selection is really sad, but I really love them anyway. I'm on a no buy this month so I can splurge in August and feel guilt free. Thanks for the tip on fixing it. I'll have to give that a try. I don't think I snapped any pieces off. I sure hope not anyway!

It looks like I did break a piece off. When I try to twist it slightly it feels like a stripped screw. Oh well I guess I just have to wear that one every day and use it all up.

Oh man,hope you can fix it!!!i also didnt really like the old color collection,i got one that was suppose to be a light pink,but then it wore off to this really ugly fushia/purple
icon_eek.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Oh man,hope you can fix it!!!i also didnt really like the old color collection,i got one that was suppose to be a light pink,but then it wore off to this really ugly fushia/purple
icon_eek.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm half tempted to try to glue it back together, but I'm worried that might cause more problems!
Which color are you talking about?

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Do you know if they are coming out as part of a collection or just on their own? They're coming out on their own. The colors are:
Lishious - red/beige with gold pearlized particles

Jazz-y-Razz : deep plum with pearlized particles

Preensheen: deep yellow pink

Luv-4-Ever: rich peachy coral with pearlized particles

Boss Brown: dark frosted bronze with pearlized particles

Fully Charged: bright blue/pink with pearlized particles

Lustrebloom: deep orchid pink with pearlized particles

Lustrebean: rich chocolate red/brown with pearlized particles

Lover's Lust: berry pink with gold pearlized particles

Night Rose: dark mauve with gold pearlized particles

Betwixt: rusted copper with pearlized particles

Go Vin Go: reddish plum

Sappho: deep plum

Alta Moda: deep burgundy with pearlized particles

They all come with the Mirror gloss coat.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux They're coming out on their own. The colors are:
Lishious - red/beige with gold pearlized particles

Jazz-y-Razz : deep plum with pearlized particles

Preensheen: deep yellow pink

Luv-4-Ever: rich peachy coral with pearlized particles

Boss Brown: dark frosted bronze with pearlized particles

Fully Charged: bright blue/pink with pearlized particles

Lustrebloom: deep orchid pink with pearlized particles

Lustrebean: rich chocolate red/brown with pearlized particles

Lover's Lust: berry pink with gold pearlized particles

Night Rose: dark mauve with gold pearlized particles

Betwixt: rusted copper with pearlized particles

Go Vin Go: reddish plum

Sappho: deep plum

Alta Moda: deep burgundy with pearlized particles

They all come with the Mirror gloss coat.

Thanks! *mustbuythemall*

Originally Posted by Trisha I only like the sound of Luv-4-Ever. xxx That's actually my favorite one, after seeing them IRL. It's quite pretty!

Latest posts

Back