Tummy Excersizes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good excersizes to get rid of belly fat??

I've been trying almost everything, from crunches, treadmill...

Thanks!

Ashley

Well, I've always read that there is no "miracle fix" to eliminate fat from one specific area; when you lose weight you will lose fat everywhere. Of course if you have a lot of belly fat and not much fat in other places, you may be lucky enough to lose more belly fat than other fat. But just remember, THE only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you eat, and when you lose weight, you'll probably lose a little bit from all over your body. (I know I've gone through both weight loss and weight gain periods, and while my body does tend to store more fat in my tummy, I do lose/gain a little weight from everywhere!) So just try whatever diet or exercise routine you like to lose weight, and you should lose some of that tummy fat too...

However, as you are losing weight, you can always do abdominal exercises like crunches to build muscle in your tummy and firm those tummy muscles!
wink.gif
And I would guess that almost any aerobic exercise would help firm those tummy muscles too; I had a flat tummy when I ran track in high school!
smile.gif

"THE only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you eat"

i could not have said it better myself girl geek. crunches alone will not give you flat abs. you have to combine diet, cardio, and maybe a few different kinds of crunches. the most important thing is to be patient. you didn't get a loose tummy overnight and you won't get rid of it overnight. give yourself time and don't get discouraged! stick to your plan and good luck!

Originally Posted by girl_geek Well, I've always read that there is no "miracle fix" to eliminate fat from one specific area; when you lose weight you will lose fat everywhere. Of course if you have a lot of belly fat and not much fat in other places, you may be lucky enough to lose more belly fat than other fat. But just remember, THE only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you eat, and when you lose weight, you'll probably lose a little bit from all over your body. (I know I've gone through both weight loss and weight gain periods, and while my body does tend to store more fat in my tummy, I do lose/gain a little weight from everywhere!) So just try whatever diet or exercise routine you like to lose weight, and you should lose some of that tummy fat too...
However, as you are losing weight, you can always do abdominal exercises like crunches to build muscle in your tummy and firm those tummy muscles!
wink.gif
And I would guess that almost any aerobic exercise would help firm those tummy muscles too; I had a flat tummy when I ran track in high school!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BuTt3RfLyKiSz3s Does anyone have any good excersizes to get rid of belly fat??I've been trying almost everything, from crunches, treadmill...

Thanks!

Ashley

The book "Two Weeks to a Tighter Tummy" by Ellington Darden helps get your tummy smaller. Of course, like the previous two posts, it does emphasize that there is no spot training, so you will lose weight overall. I tried this before and it does work well.

Stability ball exercises are very good for the "core". You can't spot lose but you can lift what you have. If you have been pregnant your stomach muscles will split to allow for the baby to grow, if that has happened you will most likely never have a flat stomach. Genetics comes into play as well. I will never have a flat stomach, I have to lose so much weight to get it flat that the rest of me looks skeletal.

Originally Posted by Cirean Stability ball exercises are very good for the "core". You can't spot lose but you can lift what you have. If you have been pregnant your stomach muscles will split to allow for the baby to grow, if that has happened you will most likely never have a flat stomach. Genetics comes into play as well. I will never have a flat stomach, I have to lose so much weight to get it flat that the rest of me looks skeletal. I love my stability ball, it was difficult to do exercises with it at first, but now it's easy and I have a flatter tummy.

Cardio, cardio, cardio, my friend. Cardio does wonders for burning calories and fat; I do forty minutes of cardio everyday for six days a week, and it makes me feel wonderful, and I've lost some weight from it.

If you want to add muscle, crunches and stability ball exercises are what I like for that. Also, strengthening your abs will add for more support for your back if you're prone to backpain (which I am).
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back