TV News Anchor Beauty

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! I searched for a thread on this but couldn't find anything. I'm in TV news and I know in the past especially-- news anchors and reporters have a bad reputation for bad hair/makeup. I was wondering who everyone thinks has really great makeup on the news-- or what suggestions could make news folks look better! Feel free to post pics! here are some of my faves: PS-- guys in news wear MU too!

Soledad O'Brien, CNN:

obrien.soledad.jpg

Nicole Lapin, CNN:

lapin.nicole.jpg

I like Nicole Lapin's makeup! she is very pretty i think, her hair looks really nice as well =)

well here in los angeles we have weather girl jillian barberie, who's really popular on fox 11 news, she's crazy and speaks her mind, and she LOVES fashion and shoes and has the best hair!!! she also just got married and had a baby at 40 and looks better AFTER the birth of her little girl!! i honestly watch her in the morning just to see what she's wearing!! her makeup is pretty cool too.

Hey! I've seen Jillian before on a show that used to be on called Good Day Live or something like that. She is crazy! haha! I really think people who switch up their hair/clothes/makeup draw in more viewers-- i know i'll sometimes flip to a certain station just to see what the news people are wearing

Originally Posted by emily /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey! I've seen Jillian before on a show that used to be on called Good Day Live or something like that. She is crazy! haha! I really think people who switch up their hair/clothes/makeup draw in more viewers-- i know i'll sometimes flip to a certain station just to see what the news people are wearing yeah actually a while back they did the show live around the country, that's probably when you saw her but then it went back local, but she's still on good day L.A., she's a workaholic, she also does the weather for some nfl program o n weekends i think, plus she does alot of special appearances and hosts tv/award shows. she's cool.

also on the spanish station here the anchor women are SEXY as heck. but this is more of a tabloid type news program.

I think the Fox News Network girls always look really nice. I don't pay enough attention to get the names really right - Michelle Malkin, a commentator on O'Reilly i9s young and beautiful as well as being intensely intelligent, and she always looks pretty and fresh an on trend. And there is an African American girl who also is amazing - both beauty-wise and with her delivery. Gosh - wish I could remember her name. Feeling dumb right about now....

Don't get me started on our local anchors! There's VERY few that look decent on a daily IMHO. Although, a former anchor works for our hospital as our Director of Communications, and she always looks flawless. She keeps it pretty simple with neutral e/s and then goes slightly bold on the lips.

It seems like the anchors involved in entertainment news always get to look a little more "hollywood" but wow those spanish station anchors are really glam!

Originally Posted by emily /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi! I searched for a thread on this but couldn't find anything. I'm in TV news and I know in the past especially-- news anchors and reporters have a bad reputation for bad hair/makeup. I was wondering who everyone thinks has really great makeup on the news-- or what suggestions could make news folks look better! Feel free to post pics! here are some of my faves: PS-- guys in news wear MU too!
Soledad O'Brien, CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_repor...en.soledad.jpg

Nicole Lapin, CNN:

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/CNN/anchors_rep...pin.nicole.jpg

Hi:

Great topic. Some of the news anchors in New York City are Brenda Blackmon (Channel 9); Sade Baderinawe and Michelle Charlesworth (Channel 7), Emily Francis, Sukhana Krishnan and Tiffany McElroy (Channel 11).

as watching lots of cnn, i really love robin's makeup (from robin and co).

i emailed her once to ask her were she got this one necklace she wears on occation that im in love with (its like the chain was made into a bow) she was so sweet and acutally emailed me back saying it was from tiffianys (needless to say i never bought it).

I like ann curry from the today show. She never looks too made up and her hair is never too sprayed just natural as well.

Originally Posted by Delciana /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like ann curry from the today show. She never looks too made up and her hair is never too sprayed just natural as well. She's a beauty. In normal life she avoids all makeup and never puts stuff in her hair. We did a Dateline piece with her and all she used was a Lancome (I think) pressed foundation and a nude gloss. Nothing else - no liner, no mascara, no blush or bronzer. Nothing. And she looked fabulous. When they do studio work, they add more makeup, but I think she still keeps it as minimal as she can.
Oh - and the gorgeous African American woman on Fox is Harris Faulkner. Just remembered!

-b.

Originally Posted by makeupfreak72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif well here in los angeles we have weather girl jillian barberie, who's really popular on fox 11 news, she's crazy and speaks her mind, and she LOVES fashion and shoes and has the best hair!!! she also just got married and had a baby at 40 and looks better AFTER the birth of her little girl!! i honestly watch her in the morning just to see what she's wearing!! her makeup is pretty cool too. I think she's cool.

Here in Phoenix, there are two anchors that are always beautiful and flawless. Both are on NBC channel 12: Lin Sue Cooney and Tram Mai.

This is Ellie Rodriguez from FOX she's in a segment called Deco Drive where they talk about celebrities and all the hotpots. She's always got cute makeup on and outfits.

reportermi39764largelc9.jpg

And this is a girl from a local channel in Spanish she's always got fabulous makeup on.

noticias414qi3.jpg

Originally Posted by kaylin_marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow that number 1 gal (the last one) on the maxim list is really really beautiful. I agree! Very naturally beautiful.
melissa-theuriau.jpg

Latest posts

Back