Twek tweak tweak. Can't stop fidgeting with my blog lately lol

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
Do you get a wild hair now and then to keep tweaking? I am a DIY blogger, so I have do my own tweaking. I went through 4 banners this week lol, but I finally got one put together that I really like. I am trying to simplify the look so when my domain registry transfer is finally approved I can make a smooth transition to Wordpress.

I've been doing nothing but tweaking but I keep running into road blocks because a lot of the things I'd like to do are limited if you do not have site hosted.

So I've been pricing web hosting services this evening. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So far I like the way my blog is coming along.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been doing nothing but tweaking but I keep running into road blocks because a lot of the things I'd like to do are limited if you do not have site hosted.

So I've been pricing web hosting services this evening. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So far I like the way my blog is coming along.
It looks good! Nice and clean. Hosting is so cheap now, and you usually get your own domain too.

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love to tweak! It's my favorite part of running a blog.

I think the part stressing me most is the graphics creation. Being my own blog I want to be using graphics that are my own. BUT, I am not a pro so it has been slow and tedious. I created my banner myself from photos I took. I wanted to make sure everything was my own. You do this for a living though, right? You should make templates and sell them. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think you did a really nice job on your banner! I love that you used your own photos to create it. You take really nice photos :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't completely do it for a living; I have another job and do web design on the side. 

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It looks good! Nice and clean. Hosting is so cheap now, and you usually get your own domain too.
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> What web hosting service did you go with?

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think you did a really nice job on your banner! I love that you used your own photos to create it. You take really nice photos :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't completely do it for a living; I have another job and do web design on the side. 

Thanks! Took me awhile to come up with an idea, and then take photos of everything. I smashed up cheap Dollar Store shadows for the crushed eyeshadow. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> What web hosting service did you go with?

I went with Fat Cow. I used them previously with no issues, and they had a get me back type promo for $1 for an entire year of hosting.

LOL! They had a sale going recently for just under $4 per month, which is still dirt cheap.

Yeah, I saw that. I am going to give this whole blogging thing a couple months first, see if it holds. 

I've met me, I know how I can be with keeping "journals" of any kind. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back