Twist Club

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I searched and didn't find anything pertaining to this. But I went on the Twistband website today, because I wanted to order some of them, and was curious if there were any better deals than Birchbox had. 

They have this subscription service called Twistband Club, and they send you a box of twistbands every month. 

On the facebook it says the boxes are valued at $12 - $16, so it seems cool if you are into their hair ties!

Here's the link: http://www.thetwistband.com/twist-band-club.html?___store=default

I ended up signing up for the 3 month version, because Social Goodies has an offer for a $20 gift code to Twistband for $10. 

If you don't want to do that, there's the code TWISTFRIEND that gives 25% off which is a pretty good deal!

The Twistband boxes are $10 a month. The only kind of weird thing is that they only have a 3 month ($30), 6 month ($60), or year subscription ($110) available, there's no month by month version. 

I got the 3 month because I had the code, it ended up saving me $5 overall, because of shipping. 

I was just curious if anyone else had heard of it, or signed up? I tried searching for blogs but can't find anything about it. 

I just used the Social Goodies deal, so thanks for posting this! I do love these kind of hair ties, so this seems like a nice idea to me. After the Social Goodies code I got it was only 13.95 including shipping for the 3 month sub. I probably won't re subscribe, but the three months will be nice and will last me a bit (I will lose them pretty quickly, of course!
icon_rolleyes.gif
).

I'm glad someone else used the codes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm the same ladybritt, def not renewing or signing up for a year but it'll be nice to have a collection of these! In general, I totally agree that they're super expensive for hair ties! But I know that for me, it's worth it since they don't snag my hair. I've tried everything from those clear plastic "no snag" one, to every type of goodie hair band. Ive had to cut regular hair elastics out of my hair often enough that im wary of no snag ones. If they had a version of these at the drugstore,, I'd buy it in a heartbeat! I was snickering at this being in my birch box because I thought for sure it was such a stupid thing to have. But I've been wearing mine all day and am super impressed with how well it holds and how it didn't pull or snap my hair. I have to wear my hair back for work so I'm happy to find something that doesn't damage my hair. As for the sub service, I was just surprised that they had one because it's kind of a weird product to do that with. I have to wonder what other things are going to jump on the sub service bandwagon! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm sure a lot of companies will see how popular it is and try something. It did say "selected twistband products" so I hope we get some headbands or even bobby pins along with some hair ties.

I used the Social Goodies deal too, but just ordered 2 packs of the ties... I didn't even take the time to look into the club... oops.

this looks really cool, i'd do the 3 month one if I wasn't leaving in May for 3 months

Just ordered a 3 month.  Thanks for posting the social goodies deal!  At least I've only spent $23.95 (instead of $33.95) for hopefully LOTs of hair ties.

I had been tempted to waste BB points on them.  At least now I won't do that.  :)

Thanks for posting about the Twistband Club and the Social Goodies deal. To those who joined the three-month club, please post back to this thread on what you received. I bought the Social Goodies deal but will hold off using it until I know what products they send. I'm not really interested in their headbands or baubles so if they are going to include them in the club, I'd rather use my Social Goodies deal for an order on their hair ties.

I'm curious what it'll be as well! I am hoping for mostly hair ties, but I could just spend the $10 to buy another voucher and use that for just hair ties to be sure. I'm glad others found the info posted useful too! I was worried that people would think it was stupid or something lol. 

I was tempted to use my BB points on them as well, but I really want to save them up to buy something that would be a splurge for me to get. =] 

They didn't send me a confirmation, but I check my account and my order was shipped on Thursday and is already in my state and has an expected delivery date of Monday :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't think I'd get it so fast, but it did say when you ordered the club it ships when you order then on the 15th for the other months.

Mine ended up coming in the mail today! I was really surprised when I got home from work and it was sitting on the table. That was super fast!

Here are photos in case anyone is interested in the contents: 

The box that this came in is just a standard envelope. As you can see, mine got a little dirty in transit, but it survived just fine. I think it's a cute box, and could easily be reused to mail things in, so I'll be saving it. The box itself is really tiny, probably about the size of a large paper envelope you would send a letter in. 
The contents of my first months box is shown here. I ended up receiving 9 TwistBands in total. The colors from left to right are: Hot pink with Twistband written on it, Tie Dye purple, Grey, black, brown, blue, White, Olive Green, & Grey again. I thought it was a little odd that when you open the box, there is literally nothing in it except for the two keychains containing the Twistbands. No "Thank you for purchasing our product" or an invoice, or a welcome card or anything. It was sort of impersonal feeling, to be honest. But I'm happy with what I received! I would have preferred more Brights, so I kind of wish they were like other sub services, and had a profile where you could pick the colors you love the best or something. But it's alright!  The set on the right is the Solid Chelsea 6 pack, which sells for $10, and then the other 3 would have cost about $7. The printed one only comes in the 3 pack though. 
I'm happy because I got a good deal and I'll definitely wear all of these. Sure, they're not the most exciting colors ever but I like that it's a mix of kind of utilitarian colors with some "fun" ones thrown in. I just wish they hadn't repeated the grey one, since that's kind of a boring color to start with and I don't really want two of them. 

Definitely going to check this Social Goodies deal out, $20 off for 3 months makes it more worth it for me. At first I thought these twistbands were stupid but now that my hair is way longer, I'm super into them. 

Box looks great! My order is still processing but I'll report back it's contents when it arrives.

Thanks for posting what you got! I think I will be happy with it if mine is the same (I'm guessing it will be) but I still wish it had some different stuff in it. Maybe next month

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Definitely going to check this Social Goodies deal out, $20 off for 3 months makes it more worth it for me. At first I thought these twistbands were stupid but now that my hair is way longer, I'm super into them. 

I thought that as well when I got a different brand (but same concept) in a previous BB, but my hair is longer now, too and I love them!

I got my twistbands this past weekend! Got the neutral color 5-pack and also a tie-dyed headband. Ballin!

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my twistbands this past weekend! Got the neutral color 5-pack and also a tie-dyed headband. Ballin!

Aw, I'm jealous of the headband! That was one of the things I was hoping for besides hair bands. Oh well, maybe next month 
smile.gif

Mine came earlier this week. I got the "chelsea tIe dye" 6 pack and a dark purple headband. I do agree it's a bit strange there is no welcome card or packing slip. Oh well! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If anyone was wondering how the Sephora brand of these twist hair ties holds up..

The only difference I can see is that out of the packaging, Sephora's are a bit tighter than Twistband. Still awesome though. I bought the polka dotted ones, they're $8 for 8.

Latest posts

Back