Tymetheinfamous blocked me! lol

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Mar 20, 2008
Messages
2,726
Reaction score
34
Okay, so I've noticed that she really doesn't respond to/or interact with her subscribers. She may answer 1 question in a video. Maybe. But for the most part, she doesn't. She doesn't respond to tweets, comments on Instagram - nothing. She has 46k subbies on YT. Now, there's Pixiwoo who has 603k subbies, or Queen of Blending with almost 300k and I get responses from them! Tyme is becoming more well known and she is getting endorsements from hair companies, etc. It just seems like she doesn't give a damn about her subbies. I think she's doing it (videos, etc.) for free stuff. So I sent her a message on YT asking why. This is what I said:

"Hi doll. I've noticed that you really don't engage your sunscribers or followers much on YT or Twitter. You don't really answer questions much or respond back and I was wondering why that was. There are other YTers that have hundreds of thousands more subbies/followers and even they respond back to their supporters. It just seems like you're not into your supporters that much, just what YT can do for you."

So instead of responding to me and saying "sorry, I've been swamped" or "it's not like that", she blocked me! Ha!

 
Joined
Apr 19, 2012
Messages
5,713
Reaction score
126
Ouch...little extreme of her, dontcha think? She's basically gaining popularity because of fans, so why not take the time and give them something back? Smacks of selfishness and fishy business, IMO.

 
Joined
Mar 20, 2008
Messages
2,726
Reaction score
34
Yes ma'am I totally agree. If it weren't for subscribers these gurus wouldn't be anything. Most of them realize that and they genuinely appreciate their subbies, but every once in a while the sun shines on a dog's ass and they let it go to their head.

 
Joined
Apr 19, 2012
Messages
5,713
Reaction score
126
Bahahaha...that is a great analogy! I imagine that most, but not all, people who are really self centered and have ulterior motives will eventually be called to the carpet. The nice rides and hoopla eventually catches up to them at some point..so they climb higher, but fall farther. 

 
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Messages
14,869
Reaction score
24
Wow rude and I just subscribed to her lol. If I don't like a guru I just unsubscribe but the only that that really rubbed me the wrong way was prettylilmzgrace. I love her tutorials but she rarely would answer to any questions (that I'd notice) and when I posted a question regarding her eyebrows, she kept deleting my comment. I posted it 3 times 3 different ways (on different computers) and it wasn't a problem on my end. I saw my message and then it was gone. The video only had 10 other comments and they were all "I love it" responses.

I don't think I was being obnoxious either. This particular video she did her foundation after her eyebrows and I asked if she always does that?  I figured maybe there was a neat trick I didn't know but nope, I'm positive my comment was undeleted so I unsubscribed. Heck, even Pixiwoo has responded to a few of my questions before and I love how interactive they are with their subbies despite everything else they do. I'm realistic, I don't expect a response for every question, that's impossible but I appreciate how they take the time to answer quick questions. 

 
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
52
Reaction score
6
I subbed to her a while back bc her makeup was amazing! as of lately her videos seem to be endorsing Jewelmint and stylemint and hair companies so i unsubbed. I'm not really into jewlery nor hair. I love her makeup skills tho. 

 
Joined
Mar 20, 2008
Messages
2,726
Reaction score
34
Likewise, I don't expect a response to every question either. And like you, Pixiwoo has responded to a couple of my questions/comments too so  I don't know what her deal is. I wonder why that chick deleted your comment. It wasn't rude, you were just asking her a question about her routine. These gurus get ahead of themselves sometimes. I just checked out her channel, apparently she's a promoter of witch Slap Cosmetics.  I don't like that brand, I think it's tasteless and tacky but hey that's just my opinion.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow rude and I just subscribed to her lol. If I don't like a guru I just unsubscribe but the only that that really rubbed me the wrong way was prettylilmzgrace. I love her tutorials but she rarely would answer to any questions (that I'd notice) and when I posted a question regarding her eyebrows, she kept deleting my comment. I posted it 3 times 3 different ways (on different computers) and it wasn't a problem on my end. I saw my message and then it was gone. The video only had 10 other comments and they were all "I love it" responses.

I don't think I was being obnoxious either. This particular video she did her foundation after her eyebrows and I asked if she always does that?  I figured maybe there was a neat trick I didn't know but nope, I'm positive my comment was undeleted so I unsubscribed. Heck, even Pixiwoo has responded to a few of my questions before and I love how interactive they are with their subbies despite everything else they do. I'm realistic, I don't expect a response for every question, that's impossible but I appreciate how they take the time to answer quick questions. 
 
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Messages
14,869
Reaction score
24
Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Likewise, I don't expect a response to every question either. And like you, Pixiwoo has responded to a couple of my questions/comments too so  I don't know what her deal is. I wonder why that chick deleted your comment. It wasn't rude, you were just asking her a question about her routine. These gurus get ahead of themselves sometimes. I just checked out her channel, apparently she's a promoter of witch Slap Cosmetics.  I don't like that brand, I think it's tasteless and tacky but hey that's just my opinion.
Yea she sponsers BSC but I've always loved her looks and recreated them with what I already had.  I absolutely don't care for that overpriced brand either. Every once in awhile I'll check her videos for color combos but tbh a lot of her looks look the same, just different shades. I don't need tons of repeats in my inbox.

 
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I am noticing the same thing u r.  I even subscribed to her TymeforBeauty site and honestly you do not get the value for the $ you pay.  I have already unsubscribed.  What turned me off was after agreeing to the initial $20 or so a month, then immediately she had a link up asking for another $47 a month for the upgraded features.  When I said 'no thanks' then ANOTHER video popped up  saying 'I totally understand, how about $xx per month (I think it was an extra $27 or something like that).  Seriously? SERIOUSLY?  How about provide the value to us for $20 a month and maybe we'll want to upgrade?

So I am on her Tymeforbeauty site and there is very little value to having a membership.  She doesn't reply to  barely anything - it's just a glorified message board where other people respond (rarely her).  There is very little traffic on the message boards either - every time I check there is rarely anything new.  Just a video once a week.  Guess what?  I can go on YouTube for FREE and get AWESOME makeup advice from pros like Jordan Liberty (OMG he is SO awesome, check out his Give Good Face videos), Gossmakeupartist, Carlibybel...etc.  They are really awesome, sweet, funny, sexy and and they reply to people too.  LOVE THEM.  

I used to really love Tyme but if she doesn't want to put the 'TYME' into her site and her subscribers and just collect our money, the site will fail. She should go back to just doing youtube videos and getting $ from sponsors.  Less of a fail.  

 
Joined
Feb 26, 2011
Messages
20,866
Reaction score
1,618
Location
USA
I GET people like Michelle Phan and Promise Phan who have hundreds of thousands of subscribers so they shouldn't have time to reply but they DO. To me if you're in this (blogging/vlogging) then part of it is INTERACTING with those who subscribe to you.

 

iPretty949

Social Media Manager
Joined
Mar 9, 2012
Messages
1,478
Reaction score
368
Originally Posted by mimi12345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am noticing the same thing u r.  I even subscribed to her TymeforBeauty site and honestly you do not get the value for the $ you pay.  I have already unsubscribed.  What turned me off was after agreeing to the initial $20 or so a month, then immediately she had a link up asking for another $47 a month for the upgraded features.  When I said 'no thanks' then ANOTHER video popped up  saying 'I totally understand, how about $xx per month (I think it was an extra $27 or something like that).  Seriously? SERIOUSLY?  How about provide the value to us for $20 a month and maybe we'll want to upgrade?

So I am on her Tymeforbeauty site and there is very little value to having a membership.  She doesn't reply to  barely anything - it's just a glorified message board where other people respond (rarely her).  There is very little traffic on the message boards either - every time I check there is rarely anything new.  Just a video once a week.  Guess what?  I can go on YouTube for FREE and get AWESOME makeup advice from pros like Jordan Liberty (OMG he is SO awesome, check out his Give Good Face videos), Gossmakeupartist, Carlibybel...etc.  They are really awesome, sweet, funny, sexy and and they reply to people too.  LOVE THEM.  

I used to really love Tyme but if she doesn't want to put the 'TYME' into her site and her subscribers and just collect our money, the site will fail. She should go back to just doing youtube videos and getting $ from sponsors.  Less of a fail.  
I do not get it why one has to pay for membership when there are a lot of youtubers who post their vids FREE. $19.00 is pretty much steep and I guess, I will buy makeup books and save it for something else.

 
Joined
Nov 12, 2008
Messages
2,520
Reaction score
59
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I GET people like Michelle Phan and Promise Phan who have hundreds of thousands of subscribers so they shouldn't have time to reply but they DO. To me if you're in this (blogging/vlogging) then part of it is INTERACTING with those who subscribe to you.
Echoing this.  Michelle and Promise will reply, although maybe not to everything.  All YouTube stars became stars THROUGH their fans, so they need to stay respectful of that for their entire careers. Without their fans, they are nothing... Michelle and Promise even went so far as to offering my sister a place to stay when she had to fly out to LA last minute and had nowhere to stay.  You can't stay successful in a fan driven career if you disrespect your fans.

 
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Ok ladies, where are the others out there in cyberspace disappointed with TymeForBeauty.com?  Where are you girls who have had bad experiences?   Does anyone LOVE it and actually feel it provides real value?  Don't you think you can find what she provides already out there on YouTube or even Pinterest?  I predict her membership base will be constantly declining.  There is nothing in those videos you can't find for free on YouTube.  To make it worse, she doesn't reply to barely ANYONE'S questions.   It's pretty bad when she takes people's money and can't even reply to them, or even put up the videos you promised on time and actually deliver the value clients expect. Where is the fresh and interesting content?  It's all just *yawnworthy*...the exact same cat-eye look and color blending technique.  Every. Time.

 
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
78
Reaction score
2
I've never asked Tymetheimfamous a question and I'm so glad I haven't (actually was about to send a question). There are others that don't answer or acknowledge their subscribers, but yet want them to vote for them in a contest or share their videos or other things. Beatfacehoney and Prettylilmzgrace (some others) are like that too and I no longer get offended. I just don't watch their videos. If someone has time to make videos, they have enough time to answer a couple of questions. They are not that busy. I've asked a question and received a response from Pixiwoo also. I was shocked because they actually run a business,  have families, work with clients, and manage to edit and upload videos. Some people on youtube are becoming way too arrogant.

 
Joined
Feb 19, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
wow, thanks so much for this information. I was hesitating on subscribing to her website, I guess I won't now after reading these posts She is amazing with the eye shadow blending, but I have other makeup artist that  I subscribe to on yt and get make up advice for free.  

 
Joined
May 9, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
She's hideous without make up anyway.....oh well.  She won't be the last "guru" to block somebody.

 
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I find this to be completely false. I've sent tyme numorous messages in her inbox on youtube, in the comments, on twitter, facebook, email, and on IG and shes replyed to 75%+ of my messages. and half the time it was sometimes comments most ppl wouldnt take the time to reply to. hun she prolly just blocked you becuase she felt your comment was inappropriately asked. if u inboxed her she mightah just replyed. but then again its her page she can do what she wants whether its tl block you or just ignore you its really not that big of a deal.

 
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
In her videos she gives advice on how to do a certain look. On her site she teaches course n what it takes on becoming a real MUA. This is an example of finding out information for yourself instead of listening to he said she said hun.

 
Joined
Sep 10, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
it doesn't surprise me, she is too full of her self these days! She used to be so sweet, but she got a couple of $$ and now she is off the chain!!! oh well!!! 

 

Latest posts

Top