Udpp

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HI,

Well, I agree with the most of you when you guys complained that you waste so much product and the packaging needs to be better. So, i cut my bottle in half to see for myself and YUp...A LOT more product left!!

So, I wrote to Urban decay...I dunno how many of you wrote to them or not..but here was the response:

Hi there,

Thanks for loving our Eyeshadow Primer Potion so much, and fiending for every last drop! we know a small amount of product sticks to the inside of our "genie bottle", but rest assured that the amount of applications that the bottle produces through the wand is what you pay for. The Primer Potion should yield approximately two months worth of use if you apply daily.

You bang your conditioner bottle on the shower wall, leave your lotion upside down over night, and scoop out your favorite lipstick with a Q-tip...you'll always find a bit left behind in most products if you work hard enough. So, if you are crafty enough to crack into your bottle, please take conservative safety measures! Urban Decay is not responsible for any missing fingers, cuts, injuries, or any other calamity that might happen.

Our customers are always our top priority. We would never produce anything that would be intentionally misleading. Asa loyal urban Decay fan, it would be fantastic if we could contact you in the future as part of our "Primer Potion Research and Development Study Group" while we research other options. Your feedback is important to us, so please feel free to contact us with any other concerns or comments.

I've never used UDPP, so I'm not really sure if the comparisons they draw between banging your shampoo bottle on the bathroom wall is accurate. It's an interesting response though.

Does it last for approximately 2 months with daily use like they say?

Thats sound like an automated answer, they give everyone. Crazy! Oh well, I cut mine, and will continue cutting mine!

They've been sending that letter to anyone who writes. About 5+ girls on LJ all got the EXACT same letter.

I guess I can kind of see where they're coming from. I guess if the product is actually in there, then you are getting your moneys worth! LOL I've never actually bought UDPP yet, but when I do, I'll just cut it open too. I've been cutting open bottles and tubes of stuff for who knows when trying to get it all out, so this won't be any different! I was afraid they would change the packaging and give you less or raise the price. So just think of all the extra inside as your little bonus! LOL

Originally Posted by AprilRayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I guess I can kind of see where they're coming from. I guess if the product is actually in there, then you are getting your moneys worth! LOL I've never actually bought UDPP yet, but when I do, I'll just cut it open too. I've been cutting open bottles and tubes of stuff for who knows when trying to get it all out, so this won't be any different! I was afraid they would change the packaging and give you less or raise the price. So just think of all the extra inside as your little bonus! LOL Now that's a good way of looking at it!

i love udpp but there are other products out there that I love using also for eyeshadow bases. I hope they realize their product could be easily replaced if ppl are disappointed with it.

Thats a stupid answer they gave, lol. Although it is kind of true, I am just used to throwing stuff out I cant get to, things such as lotion. I dont have a problem with shampoo and conditioner b/c I a little water in it and swish it around. I think the package is ugly, maybe they could make it more attractive, lol.

well, i wrote them back telling them how sucky it was to give an automated answer to my comments. They wrote back and apologized and they are going to escalate the matter to a higher authority.?!

What?!!

For a reply that was automated...yup..that's what they meant.. lol

i just read a post on how to get the most out of our beloved UDPP a few days ago in this site and the first thing i did when i arrived home was to cut that "genie bottle" and yep, was able to fill two 5g pots.

Latest posts

Back